yes, bone meal, crustation meal, azomite.... here is the ingredients page:
Wow nice stuff! It actually looks like a great tea! Definitely a top down feeder. Ever try brewing it up?

That is actually an interesting idea, but no, never tried it, knowing the stuff was time released. I'm thinking what a potent tea that would make though, and how easily I could get it beneath the surface.
Just be careful. I would brew it and then cut it at least 50/50 with RO water. Probably still see some brown tips. As a tea it would likely be a great rescue drench.

If using the drippings from a worm bin just know that the liquid, known as leachate (it is  not worm casting tea), is known to be inferior to a tea made from the castings themselves and it can be unpredictable from pH to sodium, to concentrations of certain elements at different times.

Something about not all the liquid has necessarily gone thru a worm's gut where it gets transformed into the famed unicorn poop we love so much.

If using the drippings from a worm bin just know that the liquid, known as leachate (it is  not worm casting tea), is known to be inferior to a tea made from the castings themselves and it can be unpredictable from pH to concentrations of certain elements at different times.

Something about not all the liquid has necessarily gone thru a worms gut where it gets transformed into the famed unicorn poop we love so much.
I dump it in the toilet. If the worms don't want it neither do I.

If using the drippings from a worm bin just know that the liquid, known as leachate (it is  not worm casting tea), is known to be inferior to a tea made from the castings themselves and it can be unpredictable from pH to sodium, to concentrations of certain elements at different times.

Something about not all the liquid has necessarily gone thru a worm's gut where it gets transformed into the famed unicorn poop we love so much.
OK, that is on the springtime list... I need to get that worm farm going here at the new house.

OK, that is on the springtime list... I need to get that worm farm going here at the new house.
Be forewarned, it ammends soil beautifully but destroys myco, so work with that in mind. Once the ewc is finished its myco friendly again but its too microbial for myco to survive the process.

I dump it in the toilet. If the worms don't want it neither do I.
:rofl:

But why then do you accept the other "gift" from the worms??

Plants do love it though I only give it to plants I'm not going to consume, so, no veggies, no comfrey or nettle, no canna. Those all get the top shelf inputs. But the others? They like it just fine but you do have to be concerned with dilution rates.

I'm thinking about using the 15G Geopot that was a prize from MOTM contest. (Speaking of which, the annual contests are going on now so get over there and cast your votes. There is a banner at the top of every forum page to make it easier to get there.)

Coot talks about using, I think, a 100 gallon grow bag, but I guess I'll just have to make due. :cool:

:rofl:

But why then do you accept the other "gift" from the worms??

Plants do love it though I only give it to plants I'm not going to consume, so, no veggies, no comfrey or nettle, no canna. Those all get the top shelf inputs. But the others? They like it just fine but you do have to be concerned with dilution rates.

I'm thinking about using the 15G Geopot that was a prize from MOTM contest. (Speaking of which, the annual contests are going on now so get over there and cast your votes. There is a banner at the top of every forum page to make it easier to get there.)

Coot talks about using, I think, a 100 gallon grow bag, but I guess I'll just have to make due. :cool:
I have no explanation sorry. It may be fine stuff but the ewc is what my soil system is used too. I should science it but its a waste product and anaerobic so its falling more into your expertise zone of KNF. Im a chicken of it!!

Be forewarned, it ammends soil beautifully but destroys myco, so work with that in mind. Once the ewc is finished its myco friendly again but its too microbial for myco to survive the process.
I saw a video of a composting facility and a pile consisting of leaves and tree limbs, etc, tested out at almost exactly 50/50 fungal/bacterial.

I've been using aged leaf mold as the base of my grow mix in place of CSPM, and no adverse issues have been seen. Maybe that's a way to feed both sets?

I saw a video of a composting facility and a pile consisting of leaves and tree limbs, etc, tested out at almost exactly 50/50 fungal/bacterial.

I've been using aged leaf mold as the base of my grow mix in place of CSPM, and not adverse issues have been seen. Maybe that's a way to feed both sets?
Definitely! but I never allow the outdoors into my grow room, hence the worm farm. Leaf mold is wicked good stuff. I power my entire yard with leaves. I go around town and rake from as wide a variety of trees as I can find. Most gets put into garden beds. Some gets put in trash bags after wetting them, stabbed repeatedly with a pitch fork, and left outside for 6 months to mold. Then I use it as mulch in the late spring when UV starts to increase and freebee seeds have sprouted.

Definitely! but I never allow the outdoors into my grow room, hence the worm farm. Leaf mold is wicked good stuff. I power my entire yard with leaves. I go around town and rake from as wide a variety of trees as I can find. Most gets put into garden beds. Some gets put in trash bags after wetting them, stabbed repeatedly with a pitch fork, and left outside for 6 months to mold. Then I use it as mulch in the late spring when UV starts to increase and freebee seeds have sprouted.
My 2200 gal outdoor pot loves it!

My 2200 gal outdoor pot loves it!
20221015_102636.jpg
20221015_102502.jpg

The grey block wall is 9 feet tall. The power of leaves😊

I have no explanation sorry. It may be fine stuff but the ewc is what my soil system is used too. I should science it but its a waste product and anaerobic so its falling more into your expertise zone of KNF. Im a chicken of it!!
I've been feeding my Jadam nutes directly into the reservoir for 6 weeks without the smell issues that most fear.

And, now that I have been using these nutes for a while, I'm beginning to question the whole aerobic tea thing. Now, even with my castings, I just extract the goodness in a bucket of standing water without aeration.

I'm sure that the brewed teas are great for a very short period of time in the soil, but the microbes that thrived in that highly oxygenated liquid mix likely die off quite quickly once applied to the soil as there is a much lower oxygen level even in well aerated soils. And this is especially true in the very bottom inch or two of a well watered pot.

The Jadam microbes, on the other hand, are almost entirely anaerobic and therefore are quite at home in that wetter than normal environment. And the smell bothers us but the plants seem to love it.

I wonder if the aerated teas are more beneficial for the carbon they add to the soil, than other things.

I've been feeding my Jadam nutes directly into the reservoir for 6 weeks without the smell issues that most fear.

And, now that I have been using these nutes for a while, I'm beginning to question the whole aerobic tea thing. Now, even with my castings, I just extract the goodness in a bucket of standing water without aeration.

I'm sure that the brewed teas are great for a very short period of time in the soil, but the microbes that thrived on that highly oxygenated liquid mix likely die off quite quickly once applied to the soil as there is a much lower oxygen level even in well aerated soils. And this is especially true in the very bottom inch or two of a well watered pot.

The Jadam microbes, on the other hand, are almost entirely anaerobic and therefore are quite at home in that wetter than normal environment.

I wonder if the aerated teas are more beneficial for the carbon they add to the soil, than other things.
Keep going Dude this is very cool stuff!👊

Back
Top Bottom