Hello SIPers I hope today finds you well and the ladies green.
Just a quick drop of a project I'm thinking about. A friend gave these to me a while back and ever scene I made my first SIP I've been looking at them with drill and cut on my mind.
The blue ones are 14X20X5 inches and the white ones are 14X10X10 inches.
I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do yet but whatever it is will be a couple of fun builds.
A few holes and a little paint should get the job done.
Nothing has any holes or cracks so I get to start with a clean slate.

IMG_20231023_150825.jpg

IMG_20231023_150840.jpg

IMG_20231023_150858.jpg

IMG_20231023_152633.jpg

Hello SIPers I hope today finds you well and the ladies green.
Just a quick drop of a project I'm thinking about. A friend gave these to me a while back and ever scene I made my first SIP I've been looking at them with drill and cut on my mind.
The blue ones are 14X20X5 inches and the white ones are 14X10X10 inches.
I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do yet but whatever it is will be a couple of fun builds.
A few holes and a little paint should get the job done.
Nothing has any holes or cracks so I get to start with a clean slate.

IMG_20231023_150825.jpg

IMG_20231023_150840.jpg

IMG_20231023_150858.jpg

IMG_20231023_152633.jpg
Aahhh... your SIP-eye is developing nicely!

If it's me, at this stage, with new containers... I'm thinking about ways to build in whatever secondary access to the reservoir and/or planter - where possible. I have a little window I can open into the bottom of the planter, the place where fertilizers can become very concentrated - a place I feel the need to be concerned about. I can take soil samples from there and do a slurry test for ppms, testing the accumulation question and if I do get an issue I can at least rule that out.

I grow both organic and fertigated SIPs, so my supposed 'best practices' can appear to vary and possibly even contradict if that fact's not known.

Because I use a pump to fill my SIPs, I can also do the reverse, and take samples from the rez, which I also find helpful from time to time. That capability becomes a need, however, if the scenario of a flush is important. And the scenario of a flush is, I believe, important to fertigated SIPs. Due to the constant-contact there is clear and present threat of a salts-layering, toxic event. It's a low chance, but the cost of failure is total.

I've had that bottom layer Spike PPMs suddenly, and then the plant throws all the bad switches at once. Total blockout of all nutes, requiring a flush to save the grow. I think allowing the /rez/lower levels to dry somewhat was a contributing factor, and this should be avoided unless droughting at the end, but this event really happened and I have to reckon with it.

I did save the grow with a flush (was about 18mos ago, no issues since) and I don't believe a mid-grow flush just-to-make-sure is necc. or I'd be doing it. But I get my current confidence from being able to always sample the lowest layer in my planter via my little window. Just something big enough to get a spoonful of dirt out on. I'd get you a pic of what I'm talking about if it were possible but I can't do anything right now.

Aahhh... your SIP-eye is developing nicely!

If it's me, at this stage, with new containers... I'm thinking about ways to build in whatever secondary access to the reservoir and/or planter - where possible. I have a little window I can open into the bottom of the planter, the place where fertilizers can become very concentrated - a place I feel the need to be concerned about. I can take soil samples from there and do a slurry test for ppms, testing the accumulation question and if I do get an issue I can at least rule that out.

I grow both organic and fertigated SIPs, so my supposed 'best practices' can appear to vary and possibly even contradict if that fact's not known.

Because I use a pump to fill my SIPs, I can also do the reverse, and take samples from the rez, which I also find helpful from time to time. That capability becomes a need, however, if the scenario of a flush is important. And the scenario of a flush is, I believe, important to fertigated SIPs. Due to the constant-contact there is clear and present threat of a salts-layering, toxic event. It's a low chance, but the cost of failure is total.

I've had that bottom layer Spike PPMs suddenly, and then the plant throws all the bad switches at once. Total blockout of all nutes, requiring a flush to save the grow. I think allowing the /rez/lower levels to dry somewhat was a contributing factor, and this should be avoided unless droughting at the end, but this event really happened and I have to reckon with it.

I did save the grow with a flush (was about 18mos ago, no issues since) and I don't believe a mid-grow flush just-to-make-sure is necc. or I'd be doing it. But I get my current confidence from being able to always sample the lowest layer in my planter via my little window. Just something big enough to get a spoonful of dirt out on. I'd get you a pic of what I'm talking about if it were possible but I can't do anything right now.
I had SIP earth boxes and same lock out problem. Did not flush and lost the plants. Nice reaction bro.

Hey all. I decided to plant the Cereal Milk clone the I was going to keep as a mother. So now my first attempt at a SIP is underway. I’m sure I’ll be on here asking questions along the way. If anyone’s interested you can check out the grow journal here.

IMG_5309.jpeg

IMG_5310.jpeg

So I started the new SIP this morning and I'm just about ready for the soil. There's still a few things I want to change but it's going in the right direction.
The way I cut the tote lid allows me access to the res at both ends and if need be I can lift the planter out .
I'm still trying to figure out the soil test window that was mentioned, but for now I'm moving forward with it.
After the paint I thought I probably should've used a lighter color, green maybe idk.
Here's a pic drop, maybe throw in a little hot rod red😜

IMG_20231024_141142.jpg

IMG_20231024_141352.jpg

IMG_20231024_141202.jpg

IMG_20231024_141212.jpg

IMG_20231024_141133.jpg

I thought I'd give an update today on my first SIP grow, an outdoor Sensi Cheese.

After 138 days in my Earthbox SIP (185 days from sprout), it was finally time for harvest. The trichomes looked about right to me:

The plant grew to 78 inches above the box. It became extremely top-heavy, and needed some major bracing to keep it from falling over.

The harvest began on Thursday and I finally finished on Sunday. I spent about 16 hours total on trimming activities.

Everything is currently hanging in drying baskets in my garage. I'm pretty happy with how this plant turned out. Buds were frosty and dense, and I'm guessing yield will be somewhere in the 1 - 1.5 pound range.
You SIPped it good Beez! Great growing!
Ahoy Sipsters,
A fresh Vipar XS2000 has arrived at my maritime domain. The folks at @ViparSpectra have asked me to have a go with one of their lights. I initially thanked them politely and said no thank you because in my open gardens I run bigger lights.

Fast forward to Mrs Maritimer falling in love with a new home. A wonderful home with no basement stairs to climb. Wait, I have three full size gardens in my basement. Kisses and hugs later I succumb to her wishes. The caveat is I must now learn to grow in tents. Ugg

The @ViparSpectra XS 2000 is ideal for a 2X4 tent. :love:

I will be starting a journal and running a pair of Ortega Lemon Fems in Earth Boxes. BTW the last SIP I ran in Earth Box was a Super Smash Cake Fem that at harvest indeed produced at least a 25% boost to flower yields. I also ran the SIP through a 9 Day complete drought. MONSTER CAKE we are gonna rename it.

Find a reason not to SIP?
I cannot.
Bring on the new @ViparSpectra XS2000 light and tent grows in your new home Maritimer!

Hey all. I decided to plant the Cereal Milk clone the I was going to keep as a mother. So now my first attempt at a SIP is underway. I’m sure I’ll be on here asking questions along the way. If anyone’s interested you can check out the grow journal here.
:thumb:

Thanks, @BoohdahLovah ! Be right over.

IMG_5309.jpeg

IMG_5310.jpeg
Is that the @RoyalQueenSeeds Cereal Milk? I tried to get it here but sold out in Th at the time.

Looks a great strain, and grown lovely so far!

Hey sip’rs Day 90!….i notice a difference in the type of growth since i got my lighting schedule together humidity is high af trying to talk to vivosun about returning the mini for the big one i bought some pure coconut water topdressed some and put some in the res i think she likes it….does the co2 bags work efficiently when hung from the top of the tent or does it fall onto the lights?!?
IMG_1099.jpeg
IMG_1100.jpeg
IMG_1101.jpeg
IMG_1102.jpeg

Well that was a couple of fun hours to keep me busy..
I got both the new SIPs built but I need to come up with a color other than black. I think a dark color would get a little too warm, so maybe a sand or slate gray.
Also I have a SIP starter pot that I made a while ago but haven't tried it yet.
I have a few Amnesia beans so I'm going to try it out and see how it works.
I went a little overboard on the starter pot but it is what it is I guess.
The only problem I have now is I have more SIPs than I have lights, I may have to do something about that..

IMG_20231027_070641.jpg

IMG_20231027_070710.jpg

IMG_20231027_070733.jpg

IMG_20231027_070813.jpg

IMG_20231027_070826.jpg

The first 10-15 seconds of the video are our giant out door Red Hot Cookies, neemed today for white fly. Second plant up under lights is my Red Mimosa XL Auto SIP - that is def not XL and looks like she's flipped but really she just thrown in there and left alone, not attention given, 'cause the other plants!

Nick

Good morning SIPers I hope today finds you well and the ladies green.
I want to start with saying that I truly don't like asking questions unless I'm truly stuck, well this is one of those times that I have to ask.
This little Dozi Zookies auto is looking like heat/ light stress..
It started 2 days ago when I put water in the SIP res.
She's growing in homemade Bokashi soil and has had nothing but water.
I raised the light to 32 inches above and turned it down to 25% and it just keeps getting worse and I have no idea what to do.
Room temp is a constant 76°F at 60% humidity.
Today is the end of week 2 above the surface..
Everything was on point with her right up until I added water to the res.
I'm not sure what is going on but if anyone can point the compass in the right direction for me I would surely appreciate it.
Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.

IMG_20231028_052031.jpg

@Azimuth has this guide in their sig which to be fair is actually from a @ReservoirDog and written by someone else entirely!

I’d go with N tox as its too young for P def. Probably!

Nick

Good morning SIPers I hope today finds you well and the ladies green.
I want to start with saying that I truly don't like asking questions unless I'm truly stuck, well this is one of those times that I have to ask.
This little Dozi Zookies auto is looking like heat/ light stress..
It started 2 days ago when I put water in the SIP res.
She's growing in homemade Bokashi soil and has had nothing but water.
I raised the light to 32 inches above and turned it down to 25% and it just keeps getting worse and I have no idea what to do.
Room temp is a constant 76°F at 60% humidity.
Today is the end of week 2 above the surface..
Everything was on point with her right up until I added water to the res.
I'm not sure what is going on but if anyone can point the compass in the right direction for me I would surely appreciate it.
Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.

IMG_20231028_052031.jpg
Hmmm, I'm going to say/guess that she's transitioning from soil to waterish roots and it can take two weeks. Others will chime in.

Back
Top Bottom