Sorry Birdie, I meant I think I read why your PE never made it to harvest, and the one seed I had left was meant for you. I'll try and work a way to ship to you in the near future.
Yes, she was culled :(
It's OK, when it is time, I will have my chance to grow one again :)

I’d say she’s got a little left to go. I’m no expert but still looks like she’s got quite a few white pistols on her. What are your thoughts on how much longer she will go Mr S?
Ah, yes I think I know what you mean. I have three plants, lots of pistils, but the one is close. No whites, lots of orange hairs now, just no amber trichs. So those are still some ways away.

Huh...that sucks! But at least now I can relax a bit and not worry that I overshot the window. Thanks Brother Krip!

No, it's good! You'll put on some significant weight in the next week. :thumb:

FYI, Brother @Norcaliwood (I believe it was him? :hmmmm: ) has a great "rule of thumb" that when it looks ready, wait a week and then harvest! Whoever said it, it's a good rule to go by! :rofl:

Watch for those pistils to get "absorbed" by the buds. When you've taken 'em this far, it's well worth the extra wait/weight! ;)

FYI, Brother @Norcaliwood (I believe it was him? :hmmmm: ) has a great "rule of thumb" that when it looks ready, wait a week and then harvest! Whoever said it, it's a good rule to go by! :rofl:

Watch for those pistils to get "absorbed" by the buds. When you've taken 'em this far, it's well worth the extra wait/weight! ;)

I shall remeber this when its time to chop cheers mr.Krip...

mr.Saugagood morning to ya brother....hahaha

Your growing is truly growing in leaps and bounds brother, don't blush now ya know it is........:bravo:

Had a bit of catching up to do, lost quite a few journals I followed in a clean up and went radio silent for a cpl months but yoir plants are are really looking stellar.

My gardens all gearing up for flower time now bar 1 girl the candyland whose only just started showing pistils now and I reckon she'll only be ready roughly in May....

Have a great evening brother.....

Thanks Mr Krip, but the concern was the timing of the down. Current supply running low. This is my second grow... I would always buy off a buddy(dealer), and then went online to buy, that's when I found out how easy it was and the quality was better, plus free shipping and rewards points that knocked 20 bux off each purchase. So for me to go back to online is a hard seed to swallow just because I didn't want to put out cash again. I was hoping to quick dry some popcorns and do a good slo dry for the remains.
I had a good haul off my first grow, WW, but apparently I smoke more when there's more around! o_O So it does look like my yield will be better yet, and I need to get an inventory built up. As long as my eyes stay off the prize I'll be OK.
So, patience I have... time I do not!
Thanks brother. :Namaste:

All's well here Birdie...hope you had a great day today! How are those babies coming along?

Nice to hear from you @Smeegol and good to hear you're growing strong! May can't come fast enough for us over here brother! I'd gladly hang my shovel for a spatula on the barbee right about now. Lots of snow, lots of snow. So ya, lots of snow. Stay well my friend and keep cool! ugh!

I m in the same boat @MrSauga. My Dinachem is closed but still not ready. It s very important to be patient the last days cause they really do take extra weight. Maybe some people won't agree what I m going to say but I assume. From what I ve seen so far, when the buds still have white pistils, even if it s a tiny amount, it s good to check the lower buds. I prefer relying on them to judge if the plant is ready. I m not talking about any shaded lower bud. But just a bud from the lower part that still have access to light. There was a time I couldn't understand how some people had some kind of wonderful roses like flowers while mine didn't. Then with time I realized it s just because my flowers weren't fully ripen. That's why I prefer waiting the buds to fully ripen even if I get some ambers. I ve always preferred mature fruits no matter which fruit it was so why would I act different with weed. So now I wait till I don't have any white pistol anymore. Sorry if what I m saying is not clear (not native English). I read tons of time to wait for the pistils to turn 70% brown, wait for the trichs to turn cloudy etc... But I quickly saw there is a difference between theory and practice. I ve already had plants that had clear and amber trichomes with just a couple of cloudy ones. I ve also seen plants having many amber trichs but still showing many white pistils with obvious visual signs that showed it was not fully ripened yet (many white pistils and not well formed flowers).

Anyway just my little sharing

Thanks for the information Flash! And I agree 420%. I'm looking for trcihs, not so much the colors. Most of the white, if not all, is gone. The lower popcorns, as I call them, have a few whitey's left but it's as expected since more often than not the plant ripens top down.
The trichs are quite small on these compared to the WW I grew, and I find it a little more difficult to pick out a calyx for viewing. But I can clearly see there are no ambers yet.
So I have patience, and I wouldn't pick before ready, but I gotta go with what the pros say about trichs and that's kinda how the last down with the WW went.
Awesome post Flash...thanks!

Back
Top Bottom