Beautiful plants Mr. Sauga! I just love their shape. I came to say happy new year, and saw the not so good news. Sorry to hear about Mrs. Sauga, that’s a bummer to start the new year :( hopefully she will be able to recover wuickly and at least not be in so much pain soon!

Just realized I had post in your old thread. I was wondering about the pineapple express haha glad to see your garden is fire!

Edit : to forgive myself for having posted in the wrong thread haha :

PicsArt_01-02-11.52.03.png

They are looking amazing. I think I am suffering from bud envy. lol... :oops:

They are looking amazing. I think I am suffering from bud envy. lol... :oops:
lol, thanks Homer... ya they are finally starting to take a nice shape. That tall one at the back is gonna produce some monster buds. I'm looking forward to an update on yours too!

Thanks Magoo! I'm still not happy with the overall looks but it's still my second grow. I really butchered these up at top time but the one mistake (big plant) has turned out to be an experiment on my next grow which I will document on how it came out to what it has now. Learn from your mistakes but clearly that plant has outgrown the others.

lol, thanks Homer... ya they are finally starting to take a nice shape. That tall one at the back is gonna produce some monster buds. I'm looking forward to an update on yours too!

I think you are going to get some monster buds from all of them! Looks like a very successful grow and your quadding seems to have worked out very well.

I was kind of worried that I wasn’t getting a very big crop but something happened to make me think I will have more than I need. I did some bud trimming to see if back building worked so I had about the equivalent of a big joint so I cooked it up in some olive oil.

It ended up being about a tablespoon and only being about a joints worth of weed I took it all at once thinking that making oil wouldn’t be as potent as smoking but I was totally wrong. I was completely wasted and felt totally paranoid and anxious and still two days later I feel lethargic. That little experiment made me realize how far the weed I have grown will go so I have no worries about quantity now despite my less than stellar bud growth. Especially since I don’t want to be high all the time and am mostly growing for my arthritic knees and to sleep better at night I think I will have plenty.

Hopefully when the plants are more mature it will be a much mellower buzz so I think I will wait until I get a fair amount of amber before I harvest. I will put up some pics soon but things don’t really look much different as my bud growth seems to be stalling out.

I was completely wasted and felt totally paranoid and anxious and still two days later I feel lethargic. That little experiment made me realize how far the weed I have grown will go so I have no worries about quantity now despite my less than stellar bud growth. Especially since I don’t want to be high all the time and am mostly growing for my arthritic knees and to sleep better at night I think I will have plenty.
Careful my friend... I found out very quickly that homegrown weed when done right is a lot more potent then your local dealer or dispensary! Of course I'm not insinuating you have a dealer, but the pot you grow will have a much better high to it.
See if you can hook up with @SweetSue (sorry Sue, I try not to tag you too often) and she may be able to help you find a good balance.
I will put up some pics soon but things don’t really look much different as my bud growth seems to be stalling out.
Strange... what do you mean by stalled growth? The last couple of weeks and those things should really start to build up big.

Tag me anytime you want MrSauga. :hug:

Homer, there are any number of places we can work through your regimen concerns. Feel free to pm me. :battingeyelashes:

Some thoughts while I’m here:

You experienced a typical THC overdose, nothing more, and now you have a new respect for the power of cannabinoids. Lol!

What you cooked up was probably equivalent to somewhere between 100-200 mg of THC, and you took it in a carrier oil that potentiates it. All in one dose. :battingeyelashes: I’ve been there myself.

Next time try for something about 1/10 that dose and see how that feels. Then increase by 1/10 at a time until you feel what you’re seeking.

Stay at each increase at least 3-4 days before taking the dose any higher.

When you get to a point where you can’t feel comfortable with the dose, back off one step. That’s the dose your body’s most comfortable with, and if you do it slowly and thoughtfully you’ll have found the minimum dose that gives you your desired results.

It helps stretch harvests to take this time to find your body’s dose. What usually happens is we blow right past that to upper level euphoria.....because we can. :bongrip: It’s good to remind ourselves that there are ways to be frugal with cannabis. Lol!

Careful my friend... I found out very quickly that homegrown weed when done right is a lot more potent then your local dealer or dispensary! Of course I'm not insinuating you have a dealer, but the pot you grow will have a much better high to it.
See if you can hook up with @SweetSue (sorry Sue, I try not to tag you too often) and she may be able to help you find a good balance.

Thank you my friend; I did find out how potent oil made from home-grown weed can be the hard way. Lesson learned, LOL. In my younger days I was pretty chronic for some years at smoking weed and I never once felt I overdosed from smoking so how that oil hit me was quite a surprise. I definitely OD’ed but it’s encouraging to know that it is that potent so I won’t need as big a supply as I thought.

Strange... what do you mean by stalled growth? The last couple of weeks and those things should really start to build up big.

I don’t know what the hell I was talking about. It seemed like things hadn’t changed much for a couple of days but after I wrote that post about stalled growth I looked at my buds and they seem to be substantially bigger so ignore that comment, LOL. I’m going to be busy for the next couple days but after that I’ll get some new pics up.

Tag me anytime you want MrSauga. :hug:

Homer, there are any number of places we can work through your regimen concerns. Feel free to pm me. :battingeyelashes:

Some thoughts while I’m here:

You experienced a typical THC overdose, nothing more, and now you have a new respect for the power of cannabinoids. Lol!

What you cooked up was probably equivalent to somewhere between 100-200 mg of THC, and you took it in a carrier oil that potentiates it. All in one dose. :battingeyelashes: I’ve been there myself.

Next time try for something about 1/10 that dose and see how that feels. Then increase by 1/10 at a time until you feel what you’re seeking.

Stay at each increase at least 3-4 days before taking the dose any higher.

When you get to a point where you can’t feel comfortable with the dose, back off one step. That’s the dose your body’s most comfortable with, and if you do it slowly and thoughtfully you’ll have found the minimum dose that gives you your desired results.

It helps stretch harvests to take this time to find your body’s dose. What usually happens is we blow right past that to upper level euphoria.....because we can. :bongrip: It’s good to remind ourselves that there are ways to be frugal with cannabis. Lol!

Thank you so much Sweet Sue. I have actually read a lot of your posts and your expansive knowledge is very impressive. As I said I had no idea that one joint worth of weed would have that kind of effect on me when made into oil but lesson learned.

I will definitely take your advice and start in the range of about 1/10 that dose as I do have small bottles with eyedroppers for dispensing. I just had that little bit because I did a little trimming to see if that would fatten up my buds so I won’t have any more until harvest so I won’t be experimenting for a while.

But thank you for the advice and information and I will definitely be paying heed to your sage advice so I don’t have another night like that, LOL. It really wasn’t that bad but I was extremely paranoid for no reason. And I knew there was no reason to be paranoid but I still was, lol. Anyway thanks again. It amazes me constantly how nice and helpful everyone on this forum is.

Good morning mr.Sauga I trust you've had a blessed Xmas and new year tidings. Sorry to hear bout Brodie not easy when it comes to your beloved companions...

But shew your girls are looking cracking though I won't lie, been have such a heatwave outdoors I thought my garden would dehydrate but storing rainwater was a good call..

:hug::hug:

Back
Top Bottom