ProfessorFlora's 10 Strain 200W LED Organic Soil Grow

24k Gold
Strain Review
Hey 420. Today I shall be reviewing 24k Gold by DNA Genetics. Now before I begin I'd just like to mention that this one hermied on me during flower. I did expose her to a lot of environmental stress though and performed quite a bit of HST on her also. For about a week the tent was exposed to temps as low as 4C which could have been the cause of the problem. No seeds have been found in any of the buds from the tent. Right, on with the review. 24k Gold is Tangie x Kosher Kush. It is described as a mostly indica hybrid and I'd have to agree. She grows a bit taller than the average indica strain though and has a bit of stretch during flower.She was quite an easy strain to grow though I don't think that I got the best example of her genetics. During the vegging period she often looked a bit sickly only to recover on her own with no aid. This all changed once flowering was initiated and she grew normally from then on. As I said before she threw a couple nannas at around mid flower which I removed and she was fine again until late flower where she threw several more. I decide do to pull her at this stage though she was actually done and ready for harvest. Her scent during flowering was very rank (in a good way) and had heavy Kush and decay smell which was intriguing if not a little concerning at times. Her buds have cured well though and she has a really deep Orange and OG smell when you crack the jar. It's a very overpowering odour and there's no way you're going to hide this one if you make some pre rolled's to go out for a walk. Smell proof stash tins are advised. She tastes dank like a good OG should. Pungent Kush with sweet notes that are soon pushed aside. By the end of the joint the tokes are heavy and make me cough a bit more than normal. She's definitely addictive to toke on. Her effects are a bit mixed but always end the same and that is with a heavy couchlock. I tried some at around lunchtime time and I was ok at first. About half an hour after I finished the joint I can feel myself wanting to put my head against something. You feel stoned from not long after sparking the joint but it's not until a short time later that the real effects kick in. She's perfect for sleep medication but bad for movies. I've yet to make it to the end of a movie in the evening after smoking one of these at the beginning. She's very good for appetite stimulation as well. You will need lots of munchies or at least you will want lots of munchies. It really is a good, warm stone that is felt throughout the entire body that comes in waves. It's great for lying back with your eyes shut listening to a good audiobook but it's difficult not to drift off whilst doing it. Overall I love the loud nature of this strain with its over the top smell and deep taste. The pheno that I had doesn't have the greatest bag appeal, until you open the bag that is. It was certainly worth the time and effort. Don't expect to be getting creative anytime soon and stock up on cheesy poofs....

Thanks Penny! I did expect some good things from a Kosher Tangie cross and wasn't disappointed. Mrs Flora says that it's one of those that are almost too heavy to enjoy. She looks physically exhausted after smoking one especially since she's just had a massive break during the pregnancy lol

CRITICAL CHEESE
STRAIN REVIEW

Hey 420. Next up for a review is the Critical Cheese from Dinafem. The CC is a simple cross between Critical+ and Cheese and works incredibly well as a combination. Both parent strains are known for their reliability and easy nature making this strain perfect for beginners. She's almost bullet proof and is a fast strain finishing up in 8-9 weeks. She's advertised as a mostly indica hybrid which grows tall. My pheno was not tall though so it seems there is a bit of pheno variation. She's a solid yielding strain with large nugs that have a good density but not the amazing. This plant is very easy to work with and is forgiving as she grew very well in an unfavourable environment without any noticeable negative consequences. Her smell is fruity and has a perfume quality to it. Not as cheesy as I was hoping for when you open the jar but it's very nice. It's a ripe smell that is musky and quite pleasant. She's tastes more like cheese than she smells but it's still not as pronounced as I would have liked. She's not disappointing it's just that I was expecting a more old school Cheese flavour. It's really good though and I think most people would still enjoy it. It's more fruity than the savoury cheese I have enjoyed in the past and this leaves me to believe that the Critical+ is more dominant in the genetic mix. Her effects are good though and despite her indica heavy lean she is surprisingly energetic and has a good strong high that becomes more relaxing as time goes on. She's a good social strain and has creative potential but can also be used for evening use though she shouldn't produce couchlock effects. I'd say that this strain would be great for gamers and movie fans who want to see the end of the movie. Overall I think that the Critical Cheese is a well rounded strain that would be great for people getting into the hobby who want some nice, sparkly and dank buds but would like to achieve this easily. She's a great strain and I've enjoyed running this one....

Great review as always Prof!
Thanks.
No thank you. 4 down 5 to go
Both strains are solid, I'm like you I would want a cheese leaner but Critical + perfectly fine. Good job on her.
thanks Penny. Something worth mentioning is that I've grown the auto version of the CC and she had an amazing Cheese flavour. I think she was about the 15th plant that I grew and at that point I remember thinking that she was the best plant I'd ever done
Such great strain reviews! You should sell these to the breeders :thumb:

Flower tent looks terrific too.

LOL!
Lol, thanks Shed. That flowering tent was what I imagined the Barneys grow would be like lol

I've seen the beginning of so many movies. What was in the box at the end of se7en?
From what I've read, your reviews are professional quality.
Thanks Sly. The problem with writing strain reviews is that you always get so stoned doing it. Let's just say that some strain reviews are better than others lol
Skipping record here but excellent review Prof!
lol thanks Magoo. dont worry, I've had to say thanks 5 times...thanks
taerg sweiver frop!
at first glance I thought that was Welsh. Porf?
Nice write up on Gucci....and those others too.

How's the new baby?
thank you VG. She's settling in a bit now and allowing us more time to sleep in between feeds at night. Her big sister is interacting with her more as she was a bit scared of a screaming baby for the first few weeks which was pretty funny really. She's a real turd machine though VG! It's crazy how many times she needs to be changed. My friend said his kids only went once every couple days! We've just opened the 4th pack of nappies/diapers, each contains 64! She's 3 weeks old today!

Lol!

I've not done a strain review today because I'm tired and it's getting late. I've got some flowering pics as usual to tie us over until tomorrow though....
ORG_DSC09895.JPG

Chocolate Mint OG....
ORG_DSC09896.JPG
ORG_DSC09897.JPG
ORG_DSC09898.JPG

Island Punch....
ORG_DSC09899.JPG
ORG_DSC09900.JPG
ORG_DSC09901.JPG

Cheese N'Chong....
ORG_DSC09902.JPG
ORG_DSC09904.JPG