Pennywise Strikes Again

Loving that Skittlez, PW!

Hey, I wanted to ask ya something, if you don't mind.

What are your thoughts on the Granddaddy Purp genetics these days?

I had a mind to buy some seeds, but between the high price from the "official" GDP crew and the contentious claims, hype and marketing, I don't know how stable or reliable or worth it they are.

I also heard that the original genetics were lost, so the GDP seeds being sold are recreations, of sorts.

I'm new to looking at strains and genetics, so thought you might be able to spot me some advice.

Cheers man!

I bought a 5 pack of Ken's GDP and I grew two Indoor and 2 more are still going Outside that I already have a clone of each(In case it's a better pheno) of the outdoor plants and I'm Re-Vegging the Purple Bronze Beauty queen. The second indoor pheno is good(super frosty) but not what I'm looking for. She's being stubborn Re-veggin', but I have time and I see some new growth trying to happen so she's close. Here's a few photos, harvested maybe a month ago.

She's not quite ready, but I have vaped a few smaller buds and it's definitely grapey-fruity tasting and has that GDP punch to the face. It's crazy frosty in person, my camera's a dinosaur. This is the first time I've ever wanted to re-veg a plant, usually i just move on to growing the next strain since I always have a variety of strains to choose from. I figured IF I could find a decent pheno I could run it for awhile. Grown under 3500K QB132's.

2nd Indoor Pheno

Thanks for that Johnnie! Very nice.

Speaking of classics, I also just put in an order for Black Domina.

I'm trying to do a wee tour of old favourites..
I get the same way, I just ran Master Kush from Dutch P and it's crazy piney. I've always wanted to grow the Master Kush, I may try the SoCal variety one of these days. Awhile back I grew the Northern Lights #5 X Haze simply because I had it at a young age and it was out of this world. Talkin' mid 90's. He was getting 70 bucks an eighth no problem even way back then. It was killer hydro for the times.

I get the same way, I just ran Master Kush from Dutch P and it's crazy piney. I've always wanted to grow the Master Kush, I may try the SoCal variety one of these days. Awhile back I grew the Northern Lights #5 X Haze simply because I had it at a young age and it was out of this world. Talkin' mid 90's. He was getting 70 bucks an eighth no problem even way back then. It was killer hydro for the times.

Since Neville died last year there’s been a huge interest in the Hazes. I have 2 growing right now.

I live in New Zealand, and for my whole life sourcing from plugs, I have never known anything about the herb I've gotten. I can think of one time I got some White Rhino (so I was told). And my very last purchase I got some Sensi NL (which was actually fantastic).

So the only way I'll get to experience what y'all have (in North America especially) is by growing these cultivars myself!

PW, when I didn't know what I was doing, I bought a bunch of Amnesia Haze seeds. Would love to check out Neville's Haze sometime.

Back
Top Bottom