PCaddict's Second Grow Featuring Budget LED, Growing Amnesia Fast & Sweet Tooth

What’s up PC.

that portable AC is gonna do wonders for you, but you’re going to need to run the exhaust of it to a window. Which is probably going to be a problem with it inside the 8x8. My suggestion would be to run the AC outside the grow area, and see if that does the trick. As long as you have an active intake fan, it should work excellently. If you’re not seeing the temps you were hoping for still with the AC outside the grow area, you can Duct tape a 4” x 10” ducting boot to the AC and run ducting to your intake fan. Then you don’t have to sacrifice space, and all of your cold air is going right into the grow area.

I hope that made sense, seems like a lot of words.

What’s up PC.

that portable AC is gonna do wonders for you, but you’re going to need to run the exhaust of it to a window. Which is probably going to be a problem with it inside the 8x8. My suggestion would be to run the AC outside the grow area, and see if that does the trick. As long as you have an active intake fan, it should work excellently. If you’re not seeing the temps you were hoping for still with the AC outside the grow area, you can Duct tape a 4” x 10” ducting boot to the AC and run ducting to your intake fan. Then you don’t have to sacrifice space, and all of your cold air is going right into the grow area.

I hope that made sense, seems like a lot of words.
I have a small window that I am exhausting out from my Carbon filter/fan and I think I may have just enough room to put the exhaust out the window. Looks like a tight fit but I might be able to run it out the window too

Do you have a inline fan constantly exchanging air from the lung room. If not I'd suggest a 8". I use one in a 4'x8' slowed way down. Good luck PC
I have a 4 inch hole for fresh air intake and my carbon filter/fan is set to 50%. I think with this unit it should keep temps in check . My carbon filter/fan is a 6 inch. Thanks for stopping by Dank I appreciate the suggestions
:high-five:

One idea would be to put a “y” duct in. Attach the single end to your carbon filter. That leaves the two open ends for you to run your fan exhaust to and your ac unit exhaust.

Maybe fans to pull air out of the tent during lights on will help a little.
I heard defoil can help reduce moisture which would lower Rh if that was issue .

I’d move one to the door of the tent pulling hot air out.
I have my exhaust tip of tent heat rises lights are right there so it essentially sucks the heat out .

Great Ideas Guys Thanks. and I like your suggestion of getting a Y duct or as we used to call them a pair of pants and use it to hook to my carbon filter/fan exhaust and the AC exhaust ... Great idea I may just do that that way I don't have to put another vent in the window. Another one might not fit anyway so I may have to do it that way.

Joe my problem is heat right now and low humidity. I think if I can get the temps down the RH will come up a bit and I am not sure but I think with the AC running there will be more humidity in the room, Or I hope so anyway

Hey pcaddict, how’s the garden coming along? Hope you got the ventilation sorted. :passitleft:
I have a total mess. I figured out my lights were on 24/7 for the last week. A breaker went off so I thought it tripped my timer because it only marked on the part that says ON when you switch it there is nothing marked on that ends so I thought that was off and it had kicked too so I moved it over to on so my whole crop in the 8x8 is burnt up and would have to reveg If I did that it would take extra time so I am just going to scrap them. If they reveged they wouldn't finish till next spring. So I am really stressed over it all. A Buddy is going to send me some cuttings from his NH and BH so I am hoping to get those going. Another Buddy got some cuttings from him and they are doing Great

I have a total mess. I figured out my lights were on 24/7 for the last week. A breaker went off so I thought it tripped my timer because it only marked on the part that says ON when you switch it there is nothing marked on that ends so I thought that was off and it had kicked too so I moved it over to on so my whole crop in the 8x8 is burnt up and would have to reveg If I did that it would take extra time so I am just going to scrap them. If they reveged they wouldn't finish till next spring. So I am really stressed over it all. Penny is going to send me some cuttings from his NH and BH so I am hoping to get those going. Sticky got some cuttings from him and they are doing Great
Oh fuck man that sucks and I’m sorry to hear that. But it’s awesome those guys are helping you out to get your garden going again. What kind of timer are you using?

Oh fuck man that sucks and I’m sorry to hear that. But it’s awesome those guys are helping you out to get your garden going again. What kind of timer are you using?
Its a mechanical one and has a cover over it so I don't have to worry about bumping it and messing it up now that I know which is on for timer and which on is just on continues

Back
Top Bottom