PCaddict's Second Grow Featuring Budget LED, Growing Amnesia Fast & Sweet Tooth

I liked being outside skateboarding and being active too much to play games. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed playing GTA and tony hawks pro skater and stuff.. maybe some racing games as well, but I was outside skating more often then not.
My daughters are getting into skating. I’m getting back into it, if I survive, it’s been painful.

Ice fishing? Please. I doubt that there's a fish on this earth that I would sit on a big expanse of ice to try and catch. Is this a Canadian thing? :Rasta:

Not sure we have exclusive rights to ice fishing but a lot of canucks do ice fish lol

One of the things I look forward to each Xmas is travelling to Manitoba and going ice fishing with my friends there. He has a shack that goes out onto Lake Winnipeg as soon as the ice is stable and although it gets moved around, it’s out there until at least March.

Ice fishing is not so much about the fishing as getting away with the guys, much like going to the hunting camp for a weekend

Ice fishing? Please. I doubt that there's a fish on this earth that I would sit on a big expanse of ice to try and catch. Is this a Canadian thing? :Rasta:
I've gone once.... I was in a tent about the size of a fucking 3x3 grow tent. LoL

I put a little heater in there & smoked that mofo out... blunt after blunt. LoL

Pretty sure the fish were all frozen, but I had a fucking blast! One man party; vibin' like a champ
:thumb:

My daughters are getting into skating. I’m getting back into it, if I survive, it’s been painful.
Lol good luck!! That ground is very unforgiving!! That’s super cool your daughters are into it! It kept me out of trouble! In shape!! :thumb:

Is this a Canadian thing? :Rasta:
Not at all... if anybody lives in cold enough temperatures, to have ice over a body of water, can do it... actually for many back in the day, that was the main resource of protein... you should look it up! It’s amazing what you can learn when you expand your knowledge ;)

you don’t cast or anything, just just kinda dangle your hook in the water until a fish bites. At time it gets boring... that’s where smoking and drinking comes in, also hanging with people you enjoy to be around helps.

Has some great fishing spots! My old boss was from Manitoba and comes back after Christmas and it’s a shit ton of delicious fish!! :high-five:

put a little heater in there & smoked that mofo out... blunt after blunt. LoL
That’s what it’s all about!! Hanging with the boys, drinking beer and smoking blunts!! :high-five:
fishing is just a bonus!!

Lol good luck!! That ground is very unforgiving!! That’s super cool your daughters are into it! It kept me out of trouble! In shape!! :thumb:

Not at all... if anybody lives in cold enough temperatures, to have ice over a body of water, can do it... actually for many back in the day, that was the main resource of protein... you should look it up! It’s amazing what you can learn when you expand your knowledge ;)

you don’t cast or anything, just just kinda dangle your hook in the water until a fish bites. At time it gets boring... that’s where smoking and drinking comes in, also hanging with people you enjoy to be around helps.

Has some great fishing spots! My old boss was from Manitoba and comes back after Christmas and it’s a shit ton of delicious fish!! :high-five:

That’s what it’s all about!! Hanging with the boys, drinking beer and smoking blunts!! :high-five:
fishing is just a bonus!!
And freezing your ass off. I'm not downing ice-fishing, just saying I wouldn't do it. I hate cold weather! :Rasta:

I've gone once.... I was in a tent about the size of a fucking 3x3 grow tent. LoL

I put a little heater in there & smoked that mofo out... blunt after blunt. LoL

Pretty sure the fish were all frozen, but I had a fucking blast! One man party; vibin' like a champ
:thumb:

^this

I haven't seen ice outside (other than in my cocktail poolside) in almost 35 years. As I recall, I fucking hated it.

hehehe...I grew up ice fishing, bundled up in a snowmobile suit and building snow block walls to hide from the wind, and manual augers...pretty much gave it up before the onset of tents and power augers...now a day's...serious fisherman have "shacks" complete with gas/wood heat, chemical toilets, generators, satellite TV... :rolleyes: ...just make sure you get it off early enuff' to avoid heartache...cheerz...:high-five::Namaste:...h00k...

...the boat launch down the road from me, always has a pressure ridge not too far out, that is easy enuff' to get over, most days in the morning, but sometimes by late afternoon, can see vehicle traffic making a long detour to get back to the landing...I've got a photo(non digital) of a sled, basically 90 degree's to the horizontal, after going headlong into said ridge...oopsie!... :rofl: ...cheerz...:high-five::Namaste:...h00k...

Thanks guys for keeping my journal moving. I hate the dam cold, I live in Ohio and it does get cold here. Not cold enough for Ice fishing though, Not in the southern part anyway. When I lived in Michigan, In the U.P. Now it gets plenty cold there and people move their ice shanties out on the lake by the end of November and take them off in April or May. Its kind of like seeing a little village out on the ice from lake Superior. Its crazy to see all the little shanties out on the lake Superior around Marquette Mi. It was 32 degrease and sleeting rain one year why I was up there and talk about a cold ass place and the Lake effect was insane. It is mostly surrounded by Great Lakes so you get the snow no matter which way the weather front is moving.

Back
Top Bottom