Pat's Mars Hydro II 700W Grow

Hi Pat ! Ive just read through this too and looks like a nice little setup you have there ! Actually its very similar to mine im using 2 300's and a 600 in the same sized tent (different brand) i would say dont feed the plants any nutes for the first few weeks i would give them some rhizo or seaweed extract. I overdone the nutrients early on due to not realising my soil was already loaded with nutes so heavily stunted the plants. Im using 8 litre fabric pots and i do like them but as others have said water can come out the sides but there are a few tips for using these potts ive found helpful. 1-Use something to get them off the ground to allow air to enter the bottom for more even drying. 2-put about 2 inches of perlite or similar on the bottom to allow good airflow and drainage. 3- break up the top layer of soil every watering it becomes so compressed the water just runs off you can also use a cane or something to poke holes in the soil for better airflow/water entry. What are the strains you are growing sorry i may have overlooked this , what temps are you running too. I really love reading journals of a similar nature albeit im using soil but still a good read which benefits everyone ! I hope your veg period goes better than mines did. Have fun and keep us updated :D

Can't believe I am just now seeing this. Wish I could have caught it from the start but hey at least I'm here now!!

Also, that new set up is looking awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Welcome aboard kid! Nothing much going on the plants are seeming really slow now but I know by 2-3 weeks they will really pick up. They are about a week and a half old

Hey pat , welcome back can't believe I missed this one. I've got a Mars hydro led too, hanging distance is recommended below
Flower 12-14 inches
Veg 18-inches
Seedlings 24 inches .

You should be able to move your light down a bit which will help with the stretch your Mars hydro won't burn them unless it's really close.

Have never used Coco so will be q back seat reader on this one if you end up using fabric pots you could use binder clips (for holding paperwork together) and just clip them on the sides of the fabric pots. They can stay In those pots for at least another week, keep checking the bottom for the roots coming out the drainage holes. Good you got your cal mag sorted !

Shot Je3z great to have you on board agaib for this one man. I have my light at about 50cm which is about 18.5-19.5 inches so they seem to like it for now. Just curious as to why they seem so droopy

Pat's Mars Hydro II 700W Grow

Hi Pat ! Ive just read through this too and looks like a nice little setup you have there ! Actually its very similar to mine im using 2 300's and a 600 in the same sized tent (different brand) i would say dont feed the plants any nutes for the first few weeks i would give them some rhizo or seaweed extract. I overdone the nutrients early on due to not realising my soil was already loaded with nutes so heavily stunted the plants. Im using 8 litre fabric pots and i do like them but as others have said water can come out the sides but there are a few tips for using these potts ive found helpful. 1-Use something to get them off the ground to allow air to enter the bottom for more even drying. 2-put about 2 inches of perlite or similar on the bottom to allow good airflow and drainage. 3- break up the top layer of soil every watering it becomes so compressed the water just runs off you can also use a cane or something to poke holes in the soil for better airflow/water entry. What are the strains you are growing sorry i may have overlooked this , what temps are you running too. I really love reading journals of a similar nature albeit im using soil but still a good read which benefits everyone ! I hope your veg period goes better than mines did. Have fun and keep us updated :D
Welcome Crippled! Sounds interesting I would need to go check out your journal. Well for my last cfl grow I started the plant in normal potting soil which had good nutes in it and only started giving nutes at around week 3 or so, the coco though uses alot of nutes and I fed it clean water for a while so might have flushed anything that could have been there . as for the strain my man I wish I knew it was a bag seed I bought from a buddy back in Nov of 2014, bought outdoor at R150 a gram, same quality as indoor and the best outdoor I have smoked. It is a very strange strain consisting of mainly sativa, it also has 9 sets of points on leaves which is very strange. Still deciding on them fabric pots though might just stick with plastic ones for now since I would love to do hydro next year

I am back again with a small update. Small ones seem fine except for one which has strange spots on the leaves, no idea what that could be. I gave them a feeding of nutes tonight so the coco can hold a bit, gave 0.5ml in 1L of water and one teaspoon of calmag. On to some photos!
420-magazine-mobile1534942413.jpg

The tallest one on the left
420-magazine-mobile1960884857.jpg

This is the one with the strange spots hoping they are visible. Mostly white-ish?
420-magazine-mobile654014713.jpg

420-magazine-mobile89225002.jpg

The other two just kicking along.

I might also have to hold off on the PH and PPM pen since I had some work done to my car which is kinda more important...LoL

Thanks for stopping by!
Pat

Welcome aboard kid! Nothing much going on the plants are seeming really slow now but I know by 2-3 weeks they will really pick up. They are about a week and a half old

Can't wait to see what they can do. Bet they will be beauties

:passitleft:

Can't wait to see what they can do. Bet they will be beauties

:passitleft:

I am also super excited kid. I have some expectations so hoping to get there. Hoping if all goes well I end up with three females and will be happy with 90g dried. Anything above 100g is a blessing

For sure they will be all females:high-five:
I am also super excited kid. I have some expectations so hoping to get there. Hoping if all goes well I end up with three females and will be happy with 90g dried. Anything above 100g is a blessing

I am back again with a small update. Small ones seem fine except for one which has strange spots on the leaves, no idea what that could be. I gave them a feeding of nutes tonight so the coco can hold a bit, gave 0.5ml in 1L of water and one teaspoon of calmag. ]

Hey pat. Looking good. Are you still checking ph even though you don't have a meter? Coco is pretty much hydro. The ph is important and needs to be between 5.5-6.0. When growing in coco I started from the beginning with only a few ML of nutes per gallon and water everyday. I tried giving coco dry cycles in the seedling stage but got better growth with a small amount of nute water once a day till they get bigger. You don't need runoff every time just a splash of low strength nute water.

Hey pat. Looking good. Are you still checking ph even though you don't have a meter? Coco is pretty much hydro. The ph is important and needs to be between 5.5-6.0. When growing in coco I started from the beginning with only a few ML of nutes per gallon and water everyday. I tried giving coco dry cycles in the seedling stage but got better growth with a small amount of nute water once a day till they get bigger. You don't need runoff every time just a splash of low strength nute water.
I have one of those cheap mixes where I mix a drop or two into the nutes so yes can still look at that atleast.

Good day, I would please just like some advice, I went to check out the coco grow video Bedroom Farmer has kindly shared and think of potting these little ones up into compact coco potting soil, has anybody used it and is it any good? They are quite cheap apparently and they have 10L ones for R30, it is about US $2. Comes with nutes and a bag so I wouldn't need to buy any pots or such, or would it be best to have just coco in plastic pots?

Thanks for stopping by
Pat

Good day my fellow growers. Well I have had a run of speed bumps for sure, first time starting out in something other than soil with ready packed nutes and the litte ones are stuggling. I have decided to pot them up into 7L pots with about 6L of coco in them. Mixed in is a few laca balls as the package promotes it, sounds like horse sh@t. Gave 3L of water each to soak the coco in for a few minutes. Each 3L had 2tsp's which hopefully is about 4g and each had about 0.5 of Biobizz Grow thrown in the mix. Time for some photos!
420-magazine-mobile746611664.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1779291647.jpg

I had also awoken this morning to find little flying fooks in my tent, so I decided enough is enough I need the big fan running. Bought myself a tote, a little 7L plastic cylinder container, a big ass hollow fibre pillow at Ackermans and some chicken mesh. I have a silence box slash muffler, one side is the container with the mesh and fibre stuffed around it. Taped it shut. The fan is standing on foam tape for vibrations as well as the actual tote. The whole thing was then stuffed with fibre and taped shut.
420-magazine-mobile438329683.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1744880463.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1237812187.jpg

That is all for today thanks for stopping by.

Pat

Shot ween, it works really well no vibration sound and is only making a lot of noise at the exit of the fan. Still able to switch to other ducting and adding a carbon filter will really help. I got it on medium setting now and just sounds like an annoying aircon LoL. Well I kinda did some looking around of some people even spraying isolation foam of some sort but hella no be I spraying stuff like that on my fan, intake has the plastic bucket with chicken mesh inside and a layer of foam and then the whole tote is sruffed full of hallowfibre. Got it done for about $25-28 which is really not too bad

Back
Top Bottom