Outdoors IKLWA And Cherries Dubelee In MA

Highya SO,

Your ladies are looking gorgeous! Much biomass = lots'a roots = very nice buds! All this sun is growing the ladies up here in amazing proportions. Sure does seem like the pistils will be along any time! I expect to see them every morning, but, not yet. But they will!! Happy Smokin'

Thanks Cap'n! They're just resistant this year. I had a hard case of mites last year. These three are sucking it up and fighting on their own so far. Some leaf chews and suck marks but not too bad. Some are better at it than others it appears.
I have my property sprayed for mosquitos. We can't go out day or night without deet on otherwise. Lots of swampy land here all around. That spray has to help. It didn't with the mites last year though! Edit @CaptainLucky My strawberries had aphids for a time as well. They self cured .
Brix? You've got the soil and water dialed in.

Highya SO,

Your ladies are looking gorgeous! Much biomass = lots'a roots = very nice buds! All this sun is growing the ladies up here in amazing proportions. Sure does seem like the pistils will be along any time! I expect to see them every morning, but, not yet. But they will!! Happy Smokin'
Every morning me too!
Brix? You've got the soil and water dialed in.
Brix is a funny thing. I checked it a couple of times on the Cherries D plant(so many leaves!) and got 2.5 both times. First with a sharp line that is said to mean there's a need to balance the soil calcium per @Gee64 . Second time after adding worm castings the same 2.5 but with a fuzzier line on the device measuring. If she wasn't so healthy looking I'd have had a dented ego as I was looking for 12 and up for great brix health.
Reading more I saw defoliating will raise brix. Maybe all the tiny shoots I pinched off will make a difference. Also being in flower I think raises it. We'll see. She has nice thick shiny good green leaves. I can't imagine much better health. I'm a rookie working with brix.

All that said, yes, they seem to have that brix shield even with a 2.5 reading.

Every morning me too!

Brix is a funny thing. I checked it a couple of times on the Cherries D plant(so many leaves!) and got 2.5 both times. First with a sharp line that is said to mean there's a need to balance the soil calcium per @Gee64 . Second time after adding worm castings the same 2.5 but with a fuzzier line on the device measuring. If she wasn't so healthy looking I'd have had a dented ego as I was looking for 12 and up for great brix health.
Reading more I saw defoliating will raise brix. Maybe all the tiny shoots I pinched off will make a difference. Also being in flower I think raises it. We'll see. She has nice thick shiny good green leaves. I can't imagine much better health. I'm a rookie working with brix.

All that said, yes, they seem to have that brix shield even with a 2.5 reading.
Stone which part of the leaf did you get a reading from.

If you take an upper leaf, the top one fully open, and then cut the leaf blades off the stalk, crush them up, and squeeze out a drop you get a true reading.

Reading the lower leaves or the leaf stalks will show significantly lower.

If you take an upper leaf, the top one fully open, and then cut the leaf blades off the stalk, crush them up, and squeeze out a drop you get a true reading.

@StoneOtter I believe the exact wording was: “the most recent, fully developed leaf” anything else won’t give you as accurate a reading for a variety of reasons

It was leaf stem juice GEE. I'll try the newer more upper leaves like you say in a couple of days. Thanks!
@StoneOtter I believe the exact wording was: “the most recent, fully developed leaf” anything else won’t give you as accurate a reading for a variety of reasons
On it brother! Thanks!

Man those are NICE budding now would make for a good size before you need that 🪜 🌲
Yesterday I started making the netting and pole supports around them. Had to ladder up. I do and don't like that. I do because they're getting nice and big! But on the other hand now I have to use a ladder for the uppers. I won't do it much if at all. One to go today!

ALL NETTED UP UPDATE

Hi all, Happy Sunday!
The past couple of days i've been getting the nets on. The weather is going to get blowy and I want to ensure a safe ending for them.
So they got me up a ladder to pound 5, 8 foot stakes in the ground and ziptie horticulture net to each. I have a quick explanation of the process.

The stakes got hammered in and are kind of plumb. They want to go off at angles in my yard because I have stones everywhere below. I do the best I can.

Next I run the netting around and cut it to length and open it up a little so I can tie it to the top of each post with a zip. I make the stakes more plumg at this time. Where I tie them to the net determines a lot.
I tied the net to the tops first and let it drape over them.
After the draping I go to stake one where it starts and ziptie it to the stake. All the way down. Before I move to the next stake I gently push the bush in and get a nice tie onto the next one. I then gently pull and prod each branch into a proper hole on that section. Repeat until done.
They get a nice bracing in case buds get heavy and hopefully wind won't bother them now too!

They have nice bases these days! 2 inches around!
Cherries DubeLee
ILKWA
Good times!

Great job on the netting Stone!:Rasta:

ALL NETTED UP UPDATE

Hi all, Happy Sunday!
The past couple of days i've been getting the nets on. The weather is going to get blowy and I want to ensure a safe ending for them.
So they got me up a ladder to pound 5, 8 foot stakes in the ground and ziptie horticulture net to each. I have a quick explanation of the process.

The stakes got hammered in and are kind of plumb. They want to go off at angles in my yard because I have stones everywhere below. I do the best I can.

Next I run the netting around and cut it to length and open it up a little so I can tie it to the top of each post with a zip. I make the stakes more plumg at this time. Where I tie them to the net determines a lot.
After the draping I go to stake one where it starts and ziptie it to the stake. All the way down. Before I move to the next stake I gently push the bush in and get a nice tie onto the next one. I then gently pull and prod each branch into a proper hole on that section. Repeat until done.
They get a nice bracing in case buds get heavy and hopefully wind won't bother them now too!

Cherries DubeLee
ILKWA
Good times!
Stone, you can tell you have the know when it comes to outdoor plants very nice job. :thumb::goodjob::circle-of-love:

ALL NETTED UP UPDATE

Hi all, Happy Sunday!

Cherries DubeLee
ILKWA
Good times!
Nice Stone! She's a beauty!😍 She is going to be huge!❤️ This will be a spectacular flower display!👊 Nice work!

Great job on the netting Stone!:Rasta:
Thanks man, I used one like the ones they chase me around with! They'll never catch me! :laugh:
Stone, you can tell you have the know when it comes to outdoor plants very nice job. :thumb::goodjob::circle-of-love:
Thanks Keith, all learned here at The Mag! Funny I was just thinking how much I didn't know! There's more of that for sure! There's always something to learn to make a better grow!
Nice Stone! She's a beauty!😍 She is going to be huge!❤️ This will be a spectacular flower display!👊 Nice work!
Thanks Gee! That IKLWA is getting tall! Working on 8 feet now!
Glad you didnt fall off the ladder 🌠 Looks Good , Hope the wind don't get crazy on you/them 🌪️
You and me brother! I busted out the 2 ton ladder that articulates in the middle and is a step ladder that I can change either side height. The one that's sold on tv. That made it nice on the incline! 2 steps only!
Showroom condition. Both of those beauties. Are they still stretching?
I'm happy to hear that Lerugged! I thought so too! Your IKLWA is something to imagine! She's starting to branch up a storm! Still stretching. It has to end soon eh? Same with the Cherries D and she's a 50 day flowerer under lights.

Highya SO,

Beautiful job with the netting! That works better than my way (which is just tying all the branches together). That should keep the ladies upright through the fall weather. I haven't seen any pistils yet either. Still stretching just past my reach. I checked last year, and I had pistils showing July 26. I wonder if the cool rainy June set them back a week or so? Oh well, we'll take what we get!! Happy Smokin'

Highya SO,

Beautiful job with the netting! That works better than my way (which is just tying all the branches together). That should keep the ladies upright through the fall weather. I haven't seen any pistils yet either. Still stretching just past my reach. I checked last year, and I had pistils showing July 26. I wonder if the cool rainy June set them back a week or so? Oh well, we'll take what we get!! Happy Smokin'
It seems late for pistils Bode. The IKLWA has them thankfully. Cherries D not so much for the big girl but the one in the pot is starting something. I've been treating her with sts for some fem seeds so maybe. I noticed something yesterday but couldn't be sure. Still stretching!

Back
Top Bottom