Outdoor Scandinavia

Grew them indoors the first month

Did you grow them indoors in the beginning or how did you manage to make them so big? My ladies are very small compared to yours.

After some reading it seems like Kaya Gold starts flowering outdoor when daylight goes down to 14,5 hours. That should occur during middle of August for my lady.

7-9 weeks from that means harvest October 8-29. I hope the fall will be mild...

How are the ladies in the woods doing?

Hello!

I don't know because I have been away from town since last update. I will be back tuesday so I will pay my ladies a most interesting visit on wednesday. I really hope they are doing good out there, all by themselves.

One question.

When you do outdoor growing, do you usually top the ladies or just leave it as it is?

And if topping, when do you do that?

It is the KG I am thinking about, not the BM Auto.
Hi, Dali.
I'm just coming off a grow with similar temperatures. I topped a few of my photos, but in this temperature range, they took 2 weeks - a month to bounce back. To be fair: i'm growing African landraces in Africa, and they like it HOT. You mentioned early on that you looked for seeds more used to a colder climate, so yours might bounce back quicker, but with your growing season...?

We had a chat early on in your journal about stealthily hiding your plants in some native growth? Do you guys have stinging nettles that grow wildly in your area?
I'm on another thread where we were talking about increasing the resin. Someone mentioned nettles, and i remembered how good they are for plants in general, PLUS the stinging hairs are very, very good at keeping bambi away...

Hi, Dali.
I'm just coming off a grow with similar temperatures. I topped a few of my photos, but in this temperature range, they took 2 weeks - a month to bounce back. To be fair: i'm growing African landraces in Africa, and they like it HOT. You mentioned early on that you looked for seeds more used to a colder climate, so yours might bounce back quicker, but with your growing season...?

Hi MarryAnna
I have been learning more about topping. I live in a different locale but the cool weather gives us slow growth. Did you get extra bushiness after topping that made up for for the recovery time?

Hi MarryAnna
I have been learning more about topping. I live in a different locale but the cool weather gives us slow growth. Did you get extra bushiness after topping that made up for for the recovery time?
Ok, it shouldn't be a complex answer, but it is:
1) on some of my strains, topping them made very little difference - iso 1 fat cola, it's more like 2 thin colas that make up roughly the same bulk.
2) some are still in recovery after more than a month, but they are squatter and bushier than their un-topped friends
3) a few of them went SUPER hermie - 3 buds and then just bananananas EVERYWHERE. i had to ex them.
Please keep in mind that these are not gmo seeds that have ever seen a lab - it's pure landrace stock that have never been fiddled with, and whatever i do to them is a massive shock.
Also, some have been potted a few times, others were germinated where they now grow, so there's a lot of different kinds of shock going on.
If you want to find out about topping, google the strains you have + topping, and see what other growers say about the reactions of those specific strains. I don't want to hijack Dali's thread, you're welcome to PM me.

Allright. The plants I had outside as a "tester" (I wanted to see when they start flowering outside) all died when temps crept below 5 degrees C. Hope your plants survived

I'm so sorry! Do you still have your indoor plants? I'm really bummed out for you... maybe autoflowering strains would work better for you?
My plants are still growing, thanks. I have a journal, but it's slow growing at the moment... merryanna's swazi adventure, if you want to have a look. ❤❤

Think this far north, only auto's will have a chance. Hoping his forest plants survived. I just put some out for the hell of it. I grow mainly indoors. My indoor grow is looking like this now :)

mainroom_004.jpg

I'm so sorry! Do you still have your indoor plants? I'm really bummed out for you... maybe autoflowering strains would work better for you?
My plants are still growing, thanks. I have a journal, but it's slow growing at the moment... merryanna's swazi adventure, if you want to have a look. ❤珞❤

Hello! I have been busy traveling and other stuff, so today is my first time out in many weeks.

Here is BM4 after 11 weeks. Is it ready to pic or should I wait?

420-magazine-mobile677939047.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1483114739.jpg

420-magazine-mobile302067621.jpg

And JH4 after 11 weeks.
My KG died, don't know why, but the two I started on my balcony is the only ones alive.

11 weeks for the autos, is it harmfull to wait? Can buds be bigger?

420-magazine-mobile1593728118.jpg

420-magazine-mobile40602573.jpg

420-magazine-mobile298270514.jpg

And JH4 after 11 weeks.
My KG died, don't know why, but the two I started on my balcony is the only ones alive.

11 weeks for the autos, is it harmfull to wait? Can buds be bigger?

420-magazine-mobile1593728118.jpg

420-magazine-mobile40602573.jpg

420-magazine-mobile298270514.jpg
Yes! WAIT!!! They're still very early in flowering!!!
Hi, Dali
Hope you had good travels!
Just going to show you quickly why you should wait:
This is 4 weeks of flower:
420-magazine-mobile1417591960.jpg

This is 6 weeks: (same plant)
420-magazine-mobile2129503048.jpg

This one has been going for +/- 10 weeks, and still has 2+ weeks left:
420-magazine-mobile1655179676.jpg

Please keep in mind these are pure sativas, so they take longer, but indicas & hybrids also look like this closer to flowering.
Even the autoflowers you have still have a long way to go!!!
Wait, wait, wait. Sorry, but you will be happy when the harvest finally comes in. Right now, they won't get a fairy tinkerbell stoned.

Think this far north, only auto's will have a chance. Hoping his forest plants survived. I just put some out for the hell of it. I grow mainly indoors. My indoor grow is looking like this now :)

mainroom_004.jpg

Sorry about your outdoors, but you have a good setup indoor! Good Luck!

Yes! WAIT!!! They're still very early in flowering!!!
Hi, Dali
Hope you had good travels!
Just going to show you quickly why you should wait:
This is 4 weeks of flower:
420-magazine-mobile1417591960.jpg

This is 6 weeks: (same plant)
420-magazine-mobile2129503048.jpg

This one has been going for +/- 10 weeks, and still has 2+ weeks left:
420-magazine-mobile1655179676.jpg

Please keep in mind these are pure sativas, so they take longer, but indicas & hybrids also look like this closer to flowering.
Even the autoflowers you have still have a long way to go!!!
Wait, wait, wait. Sorry, but you will be happy when the harvest finally comes in. Right now, they won't get a fairy tinkerbell stoned. .

Thanks for the fast answer. I left them in the woods and I guess they might need 3-4 extra weeks?

I hope weather will be kind and that temperature won't be to tough.

Back
Top Bottom