OldMedMan's First Grow Couchlock 2009

Hey OldMedMan! Read thru yer entire journal and LOVE IT! We're pretty much in a similar time track on our first grows, eh? And we're both figurin' out what we can do right and wrong! lol I'm :cheer: for ya!!!

I loved readin' how much you have grown to care about yer babies - ME TOO. Love watchin' em. The joy is wonderful! I was going to be updating with LST pics tomorrow or Sat. It is amazing how much you can slow the top growth and get those lower branches to grow upward to be more even with the top - I'll be putting up pics if yer interested in viewing. I know you want to keep yours short, so it might (or might not!) help ya.

SO GOOD TO SEE YA BRO! Keep up the great work!!!

Hey OldMedMan! Read thru yer entire journal and LOVE IT! We're pretty much in a similar time track on our first grows, eh? And we're both figurin' out what we can do right and wrong! lol I'm :cheer: for ya!!!

I loved readin' how much you have grown to care about yer babies - ME TOO. Love watchin' em. The joy is wonderful! I was going to be updating with LST pics tomorrow or Sat. It is amazing how much you can slow the top growth and get those lower branches to grow upward to be more even with the top - I'll be putting up pics if yer interested in viewing. I know you want to keep yours short, so it might (or might not!) help ya.

SO GOOD TO SEE YA BRO! Keep up the great work!!!

Hey Girl:welcome:
We sure are about the same place in our minds and grows.
We both love the plants and the fact were learning so much. Except when we have to move or lift something.LOL
OH yea, I'll be watching to see that LST your doing. Although my girls are bushing out so much I may not have room after all. lol
That's not a bad place to be in though.:ganjamon:

The electric company was out side looking at the sparks coming from our light pole tonight. (yep, most of Hawaii still has light poles) I might go into flowering soon no matter if I want to or not. :ganjamon:

Hey Girl:welcome:
We sure are about the same place in our minds and grows.
We both love the plants and the fact were learning so much. Except when we have to move or lift something.LOL
OH yea, I'll be watching to see that LST your doing. Although my girls are bushing out so much I may not have room after all. lol
That's not a bad place to be in though.:ganjamon:

The electric company was out side looking at the sparks coming from our light pole tonight. (yep, most of Hawaii still has light poles) I might go into flowering soon no matter if I want to or not. :ganjamon:

We still have light poles in our state too - but it sure doesn't sound good if sparks are coming from it!!! YIKES! I sure do hope you don't have to go into flower too soon, but guess we do what we have to do! If the sparks are at the pole, doesn't the electric company have to fix it?

And I forgot to say how GREAT YER GIRLS LOOK!!! :goodjob:

We still have light poles in our state too - but it sure doesn't sound good if sparks are coming from it!!! YIKES! I sure do hope you don't have to go into flower too soon, but guess we do what we have to do! If the sparks are at the pole, doesn't the electric company have to fix it?

And I forgot to say how GREAT YER GIRLS LOOK!!! :goodjob:

Thanks Granny. We called the power company when it first started about 2 weeks ago. They check it daily and nightly. There was a guy here today measuring something, but no fix yet. Don't ask me? Everyone is on Hawaiian time here. When they get to it.:smokin:

Guess you read about my wives. I was married for a total of 41 years. Joanne still lives with me. Economic reasons. We get along much better now.:Rasta:
Got a picture of my grandson today. It was his first day at UC Stanta Cruz. He won a four year scholarship there. Smart kid.

My girls are stinky now. I don't do a thing about the smell. This room is sealed and I happen to like the smell.:ganjamon:
Hope everythin is going your way. :peace:

hey medman! sweet grow dude, those leaves are FAT! crazy stuff! ive never seen plants grow like that!!.. is that the strain or somethin else makin that happen like that or what? lol if you even know :p

im definately in from here on out bro, plants look Fantastic keep it up man!

Hi Odorous:welcome:

The two that are really bushy are called Blackjack. Here's the history:

BlackJack’s mother, Black Domino, was a clone sent to the Netherlands from the area around Seattle. Its father is Nirvana’s very own Jock Horror. BlackJack produces hard buds with huge, grape-like calyxes that are completely encrusted with THC! The smoke is heavy and flavoursome, and produces an exceptionally long-lasting high. BlackJack is thought of highly in the medical cannabis scene.
Indica / Sativa Hybird.

The two plants in one pot is a Afgani and Northern Lights Hybird.

I'm growing it for pain and because I really like couchlock and if it lasts along time more the better. :ganjamon::peace:

I've seen that strain while cruising the seed banks.

My wife smokes MMJ for insomnia, and that sounds like a strain that would be effective for her.

Have you ever smoked Afghan #1 for your pain?

No I haven't....yet:ganjamon:
But I have smoked other Indica dominate weed and it does help me sleep.
I don't think about it much as I used to. I stay high most of the time and function well (I think I do.lol) when I want to sleep I toke two are three hits and it just takes minutes to go to sleep.

As you know I'm no expert, but it works for me. I'm actually a type A person like you and don't even like to stop for sleep some times.
Don't no if this will help. We search until we find the ones that work.
My whole grow and the next one will be Indica dominate too. :peace:

No I haven't....yet:ganjamon:
But I have smoked other Indica dominate weed and it does help me sleep.
I don't think about it much as I used to. I stay high most of the time and function well (I think I do.lol) when I want to sleep I toke two are three hits and it just takes minutes to go to sleep.

As you know I'm no expert, but it works for me. I'm actually a type A person like you and don't even like to stop for sleep some times.
Don't no if this will help. We search until we find the ones that work.
My whole grow and the next one will be Indica dominate too. :peace:

Yep, I understand. We're on that same quest also..............to find the strains that work best. Glad you're able to function. The best medicine for my back pain has been MMJ.

Hi Again Sun.
Too bad she's not like Joanne, one hit of anything and she's asleep.
Absolutely no tolerance at all. It's really too bad because she has really bad joint pain and other medical problems.
:peace:

My wife can't smoke sativas or sativa doms at all. She only medicates for her insomnia, so a cerebral buzz doesn't work at all for her. I've been thinking Afghan #1 for her because it's a pure landrace indica. I'm sure I would enjoy it also at bedtime.

thanks brother, I appreciate it! ;)

Hi Folks:grinjoint:
Well here is the latest update to my staggering grow:grinjoint:
Pix first, then changes.
first_grow_070Rose_and_Mary.jpg

Rose and Mary still fighting for love. They are LST'd but you can't see it.
first_grow_067_Vicky.jpg

Vicky is still growing like crazy.
first_grow_073Tad.jpg

first_grow_074Tad.jpg

first_grow_075Tad.jpg

There is three of Joanne because it have LST'd her and you can't even tell it. lol
first_grow_076Joanne.jpg

Tad is still looking good too.

Honest I have LST'd three of the girls and you can hardly tell it because they are still so bushy.;)
There is string everywhere and most of it is hidden.

I have also increased my lights to a total of 470 watts and that's 5410 lumins per sq. ft. That should help this weekend when I go to flowering. I hope.:grinjoint:

I also topped all the pots with soil, I'm sure they will be looking for more.

Take a look and see what you think or if I could do something more.
When they start their grow spurt in flowering I can do a better job on the LST.
Peace all :peace:

Got some good looking youngens going there. I hope to peek back later and see some 'FINE HERB' growing. GL Old'man. no pun intended.

Thanks for the compliments in my thread. Its just about simple effective setups.

I can see your having issues with either Heat and pH levels or watering, or a combo of all three, maybe even a salt buildup from those Super-Intravenous Chlorosified leaves.

Once you get those issues fixed, the leafs will no longer take on that rubbery thick texture, they will take on a very soft feeling, and they wont droop down, they will pray trying to catch the light.

Got some good looking youngens going there. I hope to peek back later and see some 'FINE HERB' growing. GL Old'man. no pun intended.

I hope you see some too when you come back! Lol.
:peace:

Thanks for the compliments in my thread. Its just Super-Intravenous Chlorosified leaves. .

I can see your having issues with either Heat and pH levels or watering, or a combo of all three, maybe even a salt buildup from those Super-Intravenous Chlorosified leaves.

Once you get those issues fixed, the leafs will no longer take on that rubbery thick texture, they will take on a very soft feeling, and they wont droop down, they will pray trying to catch the light.
:welcome:
Thanks for the concern. From the start I knew I would have problems. However I went ahead anyway. Need for weed and I was determed to try a grow. Hardheaded. My room is very large and I cannot chage anything about it. To make it short. I am in a sealed room, its my playroom. (no not confinment) I have an air conditioner and thats it for air. I only have 2 120mm fans, one for intake and one for exhaust. They move air quite well in my grow box. The intake is drawing air right from the ac. The temp in the box stays from 74 to 82, however my H is always terrible 60 to 66 this is Hawaii and very humid, so that's the real problem. I finally found some RO water and it has a pH of 6.3.
I have learned about watering too much unfortunely. I don't even think about watering them unless the pots feel like a feather when I pick em up.
I loved that description: Super-Intravenous Chlorosified leaves. That tells me exactly what I have.
If I ever move (soon I hope) I will look you up, if you don't mind, for advice on
simple effective setups.

:thanks::peace:

Thanks for the compliments in my thread. Its just Super-Intravenous Chlorosified leaves. .

:welcome:
Thanks for the concern. From the start I knew I would have problems. However I went ahead anyway. Need for weed and I was determed to try a grow. Hardheaded. My room is very large and I cannot chage anything about it. To make it short. I am in a sealed room, its my playroom. (no not confinment) I have an air conditioner and thats it for air. I only have 2 120mm fans, one for intake and one for exhaust. They move air quite well in my grow box. The intake is drawing air right from the ac. The temp in the box stays from 74 to 82, however my H is always terrible 60 to 66 this is Hawaii and very humid, so that's the real problem. I finally found some RO water and it has a pH of 6.3.
I have learned about watering too much unfortunely. I don't even think about watering them unless the pots feel like a feather when I pick em up.
I loved that description: Super-Intravenous Chlorosified leaves. That tells me exactly what I have.
If I ever move (soon I hope) I will look you up, if you don't mind, for advice on
simple effective setups.

:thanks::peace:

Back
Top Bottom