OldMedMan's 2nd Grow 5 Strains and AirPots

Great Deal Pop's. Reap thy harvest. Congrad's are in order. Hey I see the same thing with the smart pots. The roots stay even thru out the whole pot. No wraps running around in circles. I cast a vote for the pots that self prune the roots. Lemon Skunk looks GREAT. I just started two myself. I've grown them before and loves the product. Enjoy your smoke Dude. And smoke you for me. Laters

Hey Wood! Thanks! I think Smart Pots and AirPots are the future my friend, no more root bound pots. Putting the Lemon Skunk in jars tomorrow for a nice long cure. When I finally smoke some of it, I'll smoke one for you!:ganjamon:

Congratulations Old Med Man!

Finally, the fruits of your labors will be had! Great Job on that girl. Get those fingers loosened up though because it won't be too much longer for the others. Get the Ben Gay out!

:goof: :adore: :Rasta: :headbanger:
t
:tommy::theband: :scratchinghead: (me not paying attention)

Thanks Woodsman She surprised me by finishing so fast, was easy to grow. Sure stinks up the place....wonderful smell!. Now for a long cure!.
This trim got my fingers in shape, I'm ready for the rest!:ganjamon:
Thanks for looking in!:thumb:

Hi Mmmmick Here's the roots from the Lemon Skunk. The roots are not your typical ball, I couldn't get the soil totally out, but you'll get the I idea.
All shot were different but look the same.:ganjamon:

11013.jpg

2687.jpg

3578.jpg

4439.jpg

Enjoy? :ganjamon:

Thats why you got those beautiful buds, amazing roots. Looks like a full head of hair I used to have way back when... Very nice job...

Thats why you got those beautiful buds, amazing roots. Looks like a full head of hair I used to have way back when... Very nice job...

Hi Friend sonzar Well, we all have thinning hair:smokin::smokin: Least we still have some:bravo:

There was so much room left in the AirPot, it was hard to believe. This was a 3.7 gallon pot and it was not even 1/3 used. May try some big growers soon.:ganjamon:

Yippeeeeee!!!!!!

Dang it I missed the big day AGAIN! That's two in a row I am on top of your journal til about 3 days before you harvest - then next thing I know - NUGS!!!!

:yahoo:

Those pots really do seem to have a fantastic look to the texture of the dirt inside. Plus its clear you filled them with care and got it nice and even in there. And the shape of the root ball shows nice even growth - no pockets or clumps of stuff. Hard to tell from the pics how big the ball is, but they certainly weren't root bound!

Great looking results too! Those nugs look really trully tasteeeeee! Its really thanks to you and a few other outdoor growers that I have put a plant in the ground this year.

Grats again, pal! You got a fantastic early harvest!

+Reps for flavor!

:bravo::rollit::ganjamon::yummy::welldone::yahoo: :thumb: :goodjob::bong::peace:

Yippeeeeee!!!!!!

Dang it I missed the big day AGAIN! That's two in a row I am on top of your journal til about 3 days before you harvest - then next thing I know - NUGS!!!!

:yahoo:

Those pots really do seem to have a fantastic look to the texture of the dirt inside. Plus its clear you filled them with care and got it nice and even in there. And the shape of the root ball shows nice even growth - no pockets or clumps of stuff. Hard to tell from the pics how big the ball is, but they certainly weren't root bound!

Great looking results too! Those nugs look really trully tasteeeeee! Its really thanks to you and a few other outdoor growers that I have put a plant in the ground this year.

Grats again, pal! You got a fantastic early harvest!

+Reps for flavor!

:bravo::rollit::ganjamon::yummy::welldone::yahoo: :thumb: :goodjob::bong::peace:

Hi Papa Slipped one in on ya.:ganjamon:
Thanks Buddy these are best buds I've grown. Yipeeee is right!
I'll do a dry total probably to night.

The others are getting molasses and gravity with the next 3 watering, I've already given them their first dose. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Earlier in this journal I washed the roots completely clean of soil and there was a tap root, but not like we are used to seeing. It was maybe 4 1/2" long but had many, many roots going outward, so the self pruning does happen.
On this one the roots were the same and very few grew to the bottom, so the plant was not even using the rest of the soil yet. :ganjamon:

Thanks for the +reps my friend. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Great that you have one outside too.!

Hey OMM, thanks for the rootball pics. No wasted energy growing roots that wrap multiple times around the base. You could grow some long flowering sativas in those pots without root issues, great stuff.:thanks:

Hey OMM, thanks for the rootball pics. No wasted energy growing roots that wrap multiple times around the base. You could grow some long flowering sativas in those pots without root issues, great stuff.:thanks:

Hi Mmmmick Coming to grow near you soon! :ganjamon: Maybe an African Sativa that will take forever.:smokin:

400+g wet? Whoooo...nice haul! Did you get a chance to play Spiderman and climb up the walls with your bare hands? Your bowls look tastier than my Lucky Charms this morning for sure! Those aeropots have definitely proven themselves, I'm gonna have to go back to the beginning of your journal and reread about your setup. For that nice of a yield the roots sure don't look like they'd be from the same plant...impressive!
:thumb:

Great stuff indeed OMM!! I'm thinking about giving those a shot sometime. Airpots...cool. do they come in various sizes?

Hey Mr J Man they sure do! From small to gigantic. Didn't even use hardly any of this one 1/3 at the most. They have 5.2 gallon one that can grow trees. Then they get really big.
Here's a link....be sure to watch the videos. :ganjamon:

400+g wet? Whoooo...nice haul! Did you get a chance to play Spiderman and climb up the walls with your bare hands? Your bowls look tastier than my Lucky Charms this morning for sure! Those aeropots have definitely proven themselves, I'm gonna have to go back to the beginning of your journal and reread about your setup. For that nice of a yield the roots sure don't look like they'd be from the same plant...impressive!
:thumb:

Hi Lil Neutrino Tell you what. Here's a link to them and be sure to watch the videos.
Have fun. :surf:

I think I know what that picture really meant....WOW, that is a lot of main roots for feeder roots to from from...SIGH another thing to have to buy...:ganjamon:

Someday I will get me some of those snazzy pots...I have always thought it was a great idea.

Hey OMM, have you thought about LSTing a girl and keeping her inside under 18/6 and get her a crazy amount of branches then take her outside and let her go insane, Super Bush?

Imagine taking this Pineapple Express outside. (You can kinda see the stadium I am building, the front will be pulled forward and the back will be stretched and woven.)

Pardon the picture intrusion. :bongrip:
Pineapple_Express_LST_5-26.jpg

Imagine keeping that in a small box with another upcoming baby for two more weeks...muhahaha, throws out more tentacles...I can do it...OK, yeah I had about a hit and a half left of this morning's bowl with scissor hash on it...:thumb:

Then imagine that thing in 2 weeks put out under the sun to feel her oats...:trance:

Aloha and Peace my friend.

Lemon Shunk Harvest

Day 60 of Bloom

Not bad, A nice table full:)
11007.jpg

Another of the table with objects to compare size with:)
2686.jpg

First Bowl wieght:)
24311.JPG

The first bowl full 243 Grams:)
bowl243.JPG

Second bowl full 199 Grams:)
bowl198.JPG

A quick look at the AirPot useage:)
airopen.jpg

Here is a shoot of the bottom with very small roots showing:)
rootsbottom.JPG

Roots from the left side:)
rootsl.JPG

Last the roots from the right:)
rootsr.JPG

Sure doesn't look like a typical pot that has roots wrapped around it. So far the AirPots have worked as advertised. From now on I will always grow with AirPots. They make me look good.:)

Total wet weight is 442.:)

Not a bad haul....very happy with this nice harvest.:cheer:

I had to quote this so that anyone who missed harvest 6 pages ago can see(namely me). First off, (((BIG CONGRATS))) You smoked your last harvest compared to this one. Great Work and many Mahalos for the journaling !! A fine example of a well documented grow. + Rep my friend.

P.S..I ordered and have the airpots ready for June, thanks for all the info!! :yahoo:

I had to quote this so that anyone who missed harvest 6 pages ago can see(namely me). First off, (((BIG CONGRATS))) You smoked your last harvest compared to this one. Great Work and many Mahalos for the journaling !! A fine example of a well documented grow. + Rep my friend.

P.S..I ordered and have the airpots ready for June, thanks for all the info!! :yahoo:

Butcher my Friend Thank You. Coming from you old friend I feel proud and humbled.:ganjamon:
By golly, I did dust the last grow with one harvested plant down and three to go. I feel down right giddy.:yahoo: :yahoo:

Way cool on the AirPots, your gonna love them.....and feel a little surprised by what they can do. :yummy:

I think I know what that picture really meant....WOW, that is a lot of main roots for feeder roots to from from...SIGH another thing to have to buy...:ganjamon:

Someday I will get me some of those snazzy pots...I have always thought it was a great idea.

Hey OMM, have you thought about LSTing a girl and keeping her inside under 18/6 and get her a crazy amount of branches then take her outside and let her go insane, Super Bush?

Imagine taking this Pineapple Express outside. (You can kinda see the stadium I am building, the front will be pulled forward and the back will be stretched and woven.)

Pardon the picture intrusion. :bongrip:
Pineapple_Express_LST_5-26.jpg

Imagine keeping that in a small box with another upcoming baby for two more weeks...muhahaha, throws out more tentacles...I can do it...OK, yeah I had about a hit and a half left of this morning's bowl with scissor hash on it...:thumb:

Then imagine that thing in 2 weeks put out under the sun to feel her oats...:trance:

Aloha and Peace my friend.

Aloha my friend High

The thing about those roots in the picture are that all those roots go outward to the sides and out the holes to be air pruned. Right under the soil at the top were six large roots that went to the sides also, they seemed to be the main roots. The tap root was small also and there were thousands of micro roots every where. The pot used only about 1/3 of the actual soil the rest wasn't even used. Hey, I'm learning about these pots too! I see possibilities for all sorts of grows.
I looked into buying the next size smaller a 2.6 gallon pot which would have been better for this grow. 3 of them are $29 dollars. So they are not expensive. :bravo: Especially since you can reuse them over and over.

As a matter of fact, I have thought about doing that. LSTing one plant and letting it get really bushy and then bring it outside to the sun. I would have to time it to be the last out, because it would take the entire grow box to do it, in either of my boxes. :ganjamon: I want to veg a bit longer on my next grow, so the boxes would be full. A problem that could be easily handled. :yummy:

That PE would be great outside. Beautiful plant by the way.:thumb:
Never worry about posting a picture here my friend, they are always welcome.:ganjamon:

That scissor hash, kicks butt doesn't it? :):yikes::)

Hope you have :peace: in the Zen Garden tonight.

Back
Top Bottom