OldMedMan's 2nd Grow 5 Strains and AirPots

Hi Lavendar Yes, I do know how beautiful it is!!!:ganjamon:
I first started the drive to get to Hawaii in the early 70s and it took allot of dreaming and cancer to get me here. I got here in 87 and I haven't looked back. I love it here, my friend. It's greens, blues, and browns just make it wonderful and this isn't even the pretty side according to everyone else. I'll take this side any day. It's considered out in the country by the folks on the other side of the island. :ganjamon:

What you told FPF, that you've lived your life. I feel the same way, I haven't watched it go by, I have participated in mine all the way though! I understand why people live in one place all their lives, but it just wasn't for me. I think, before moving here, 7 years in one place was my max.

Check your stash of seeds, you may have one. It is Super Lemon Haze from Greenhouse.

That would be a hell of a change for you to clear out everything in your grow space. I can see the logic in it though. All you've been learning both in school and here in 420 is new ways of growing and some new ways to use space, and better yields.

I tried to warn you 420 just makes you a better grower and you were a good one before you got here! :thumb:

thank you omm,
my hubbys always been in one place and one job entire life....it fascinates me but it wasnt in the cards for me...7yrs sounds about right until now...
ok, i'll ck the seeds....just doesnt sound like it tho...yes, i like the country feel of your place....all the trees around it...does it have a fence around it...i thot i saw one...or?....take care, talk to ya later, lavendar :thanks:

thank you omm,
my hubbys always been in one place and one job entire life....it fascinates me but it wasnt in the cards for me...7yrs sounds about right until now...
ok, i'll ck the seeds....just doesnt sound like it tho...yes, i like the country feel of your place....all the trees around it...does it have a fence around it...i thot i saw one...or?....take care, talk to ya later, lavendar :thanks:

Hi Lavendar:ganjamon:
Well, I built a white fence around the place except the back of the back yard about 4 years ago. The guy behind me has grown those tall (about 10 foot high) and thick Bush kind of plants and we can't see over or through them so that's our back fence now.:thumb: Lots of cool birds live in them. :yummy:
OMM

Hey OMM, how are things today? Doing fine here. I'm reading about the Super Lemon Haze orgy you guys are talking about, I'd love to get involved but I think I'd best keep my mind on the current until I can put it on auto-pilot.

Have a great one man!

Wow! Fry Good thing I aways read back in my journal to see if I missed anyone and sure nuff there you were. Man, I fully understand about not joining the orgy. Get your beast on auto pilot first by all means. That is sooo much more important than a lark!:ganjamon:

I love the view from your pourch my friend. It must be just pardice out there. The warm weather, awesome clouds formations mixed with beautiful women in hula skirts.... I gotta take my hat off to ya OMM.

I love how your ladies look as well, I'm speachless... oh the new alarm adds the frosting on the cake my friend. That will scare the sh!t out of a person at 3 in the morning, MF'ers would take off running like WTF was that...

A Great White Shark bud,:ganjamon:
gws23.jpg

:ganjamon:

:surf:Your gettin good with that camera!!:thumb:

I love the view from your pourch my friend. It must be just pardice out there. The warm weather, awesome clouds formations mixed with beautiful women in hula skirts.... I gotta take my hat off to ya OMM.

I love how your ladies look as well, I'm speachless... oh the new alarm adds the frosting on the cake my friend. That will scare the sh!t out of a person at 3 in the morning, MF'ers would take off running like WTF was that...

Hey L-1. Yea, its tough but I'll manage some how.:ganjamon: I'll try to get a sunrise one of these days when I'm up early. No sunsets on this side of the island except over the mountains.I think you would like the Tahitian Hula the best, it's more like a continuous shimmy. :hippy:

If the alarms ever goes off at 3 am. I'll be happy, but my neighborhood won't be :smokin::smokin:

The alarms are a great idea but if you have a problem with thieves you should consider building a chain link enclosure including a roof of chainlink I have seen them built this way for dogs who can jump really high. So if you built a 5 x 5 x 6' tall enclosure you could put the alarms inside it with the plants because even with the alarms if someone planned it right all they need to do is run up grab the whole plant pull and run.

Good point Cateros...plus it would reduce false alarms caused by any larger critters that may wander by. I'm not too familiar with Hawaii's wildlife (although you do have some cool looking Scolopendras out there...*centipedes*) but I'm pretty sure your neighbors would be unhappy at 3AM if those went off lol.

OMM...tripods make a world of difference, especially on macro shots! I had a miniature one (3-4" tall) but I seem to have misplaced it last year when I moved. :( I'll give you a shout if I ever find myself wandering out that way again...the way it currently looks it may be a few years *sigh*

The alarms are a great idea but if you have a problem with thieves you should consider building a chain link enclosure including a roof of chainlink I have seen them built this way for dogs who can jump really high. So if you built a 5 x 5 x 6' tall enclosure you could put the alarms inside it with the plants because even with the alarms if someone planned it right all they need to do is run up grab the whole plant pull and run.

Thanks Cateros I'm in a weird situation here, we want to sell the place and I don't want to put in something I will end up tearing down. I have been looking into a Green House that is lockable and sturdy. Even thought of making a grow room it the shed I have. What ever I do I will have pay someone else to do it. What you see now is all I can physically do. There's also the problem of who do I trust to do the work. Truthfully, I'll probably just leave everything the way is. I do appreciate you concern and suggestions. :ganjamon:

Good point Cateros...plus it would reduce false alarms caused by any larger critters that may wander by. I'm not too familiar with Hawaii's wildlife (although you do have some cool looking Scolopendras out there...*centipedes*) but I'm pretty sure your neighbors would be unhappy at 3AM if those went off lol.

OMM...tripods make a world of difference, especially on macro shots! I had a miniature one (3-4" tall) but I seem to have misplaced it last year when I moved. :( I'll give you a shout if I ever find myself wandering out that way again...the way it currently looks it may be a few years *sigh*

Hi Lil Neutrino Yea, I turned off the alarms. They will go off every time it rains. I sit very close to them at night and I'm a night person anyway.

Man, I hear you on it maybe years before you get back over here. I am starting to think things are gonna be tough for while. If I'm still here please give me shout, would love to get together with you and smoke a few and a few more! :bongrip:

I agree tripods are a must!

Bud, those centipedes we have are deadly. We only have two killers here, the centipedes and a frog/toad that is poisonous. Both have been in my yard, so we watch where we step! :ganjamon:

Thanks Cateros I'm in a weird situation here, we want to sell the place and I don't want to put in something I will end up tearing down. I have been looking into a Green House that is lockable and sturdy. Even thought of making a grow room it the shed I have. What ever I do I will have pay someone else to do it. What you see now is all I can physically do. There's also the problem of who do I trust to do the work. Truthfully, I'll probably just leave everything the way is. I do appreciate you concern and suggestions. :ganjamon:

You can buy dog pens made out of chain link, they are like 6'x 10', 4 panels, door, all constructed for like $200. Just stand the panels and add th corner connections. Extremely simple to set up and take down, it is self supporting so no need for posts planted in the ground, though you may want to anchor it.

Actually that's a myth about the centipedes being deadly...I used to keep tarantulas, scorpions, centipedes, and other assorted bugs, still have a 7" tarantula from Brazil and she's got another couple of inches to go yet (she's six years old now, another 10-15 to go!). Anyway, Scolopendras can have a very very nasty bite...the bigger they are the more venom they inject and thus often the worse the bite although they do have the ability to give "dry" bites in which no venom is injected. In fact there are no medically documented, confirmed cases in which a person has ever died from any centipede bite...even the huge bastards from Vietnam (10-12" and as big around as a quarter almost) and other tropics. There is anecdotal evidence of a small girl in South America being bit on the head by a large Scolopendra species and dying from it but it has never been proven and could very well have been caused by an allergic reaction to the venom. So while it may make you very uncomfortable for a while, maybe even think you're dying (from what I understand morphine and other opiates are not very good at controlling the extreme pain either), you'll be fine 99.9% of the time...if you do get bit one of the best treatments for the pain is to apply a hot compress on the bite, as hot as you can stand it.

Anyway...uh...yeah...pot? lol

Lil N, thanks so much for all of that super useful information on bug bites, and POT..lol:welldone:

I was in the jungles of Peru once. On the Rio Perene with a friend that had me as his quest in his fam. home.

We went out to swim in a brook near by.. I put my pants on a boulder while we frolicked around drinking Guayava Wine. When we were on our way back to the house, (since it was so humid there I carried a rag in my back pocket) I reached into the pocket and went to wipe my forehead with it.

I saw this scorpion hanging from the towel! Right above my nose and in my face! I dropped it and yelled for my friends that were up ahead of me, they found me naked again, cause I stripped to see if any more were in my clothes..

So the people that live there told me I was very lucky, there was no doctor around for MANY MILES and a small one with brown and red was "muy mala" very bad. I jarred it in some alcohol and brought it back with me. I got a tattoo of it so I wouldn't forget about that adventure in the South American Andes.

Yay!to you're pot OMM

OMM.

Your latest round of pics are simply fantastic!

Your first picture. On the horizon, is that actually the ocean blue on the other side of your shrubs? Close enough to hear waves?

Hope you had a great weekend. Just wanted to say Aloha.

Sf.

Hey SF Just blue sky, but, yes at night I can hear the ocean, sometimes very well. I'm a little over 1/4 mile away. Had to get flood insurance of course.
Thanks for the comments on the pictures.....I'm getting better at it!:ganjamon:
Aloha right back at you.:hippy:

You can buy dog pens made out of chain link, they are like 6'x 10', 4 panels, door, all constructed for like $200. Just stand the panels and add th corner connections. Extremely simple to set up and take down, it is self supporting so no need for posts planted in the ground, though you may want to anchor it.

Thanks Fry Got to realize someone on 420 has the answer I need, might have know it would be you my friend. :ganjamon: Never thought of a dog pen.
Got a bunch of personal stuff to take care of this week, but I will try to look into it. Thank You!

Actually that's a myth about the centipedes being deadly...I used to keep tarantulas, scorpions, centipedes, and other assorted bugs, still have a 7" tarantula from Brazil and she's got another couple of inches to go yet (she's six years old now, another 10-15 to go!). Anyway, Scolopendras can have a very very nasty bite...the bigger they are the more venom they inject and thus often the worse the bite although they do have the ability to give "dry" bites in which no venom is injected. In fact there are no medically documented, confirmed cases in which a person has ever died from any centipede bite...even the huge bastards from Vietnam (10-12" and as big around as a quarter almost) and other tropics. There is anecdotal evidence of a small girl in South America being bit on the head by a large Scolopendra species and dying from it but it has never been proven and could very well have been caused by an allergic reaction to the venom. So while it may make you very uncomfortable for a while, maybe even think you're dying (from what I understand morphine and other opiates are not very good at controlling the extreme pain either), you'll be fine 99.9% of the time...if you do get bet one of the best treatments for the pain is to apply a hot compress on the bite, as hot as you can stand it.

Anyway...uh...yeah...pot? lol

Thanks Lil Neutrino That relieves some of the fright, but I grantee you,
I'll still kill any I see! Jelly fish are a problem here too.
Oh Yeah! We were talking about Pot!:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom