OldMedman Goes Indoors

Hello there GT. :)

Jo is a riot sometimes. She dead pans allot. We got her a lawn chair that she can put her feet up to help with pain. So far so good. GT it does seem like yesterday this journal has started. Time flies when your having fun, :)
Ran into some pH problems..which is now fixed...lost a few leaves. Hopefully have it fixed now. Hope your home for the weekend and can relax a bit. Hope all is good on your end, Buddy! :high-five:

You bet she is!!! Yeah, propping them feet up is good for pain and bad circulation, as my mother always does, and she loves her bengay and heating pad, hehe..
I was thinkin the same about time flying when we are having fun.

PH probs huh? hate em, and I use tap water so I have to fight it constantly, but I know you can fix this with ease my friend....And thanks, I am home, and been for a few days, but been working on the backyard, cutting trees and doing some landscaping, and preparing to build my 1500 sqft shop!! 500 of which will be dedicated to my hobby and passion, well the green one atleast, and the rest of the shop will be for my business and other passion, carpentry...Back to work this week though, so probably will be in and out for a few days, maybe do some fishing in an old fishing hole near the jobsite though!:high-five:

You bet she is!!! Yeah, propping them feet up is good for pain and bad circulation, as my mother always does, and she loves her bengay and heating pad, hehe..
I was thinkin the same about time flying when we are having fun.

PH probs huh? hate em, and I use tap water so I have to fight it constantly, but I know you can fix this with ease my friend....And thanks, I am home, and been for a few days, but been working on the backyard, cutting trees and doing some landscaping, and preparing to build my 1500 sqft shop!! 500 of which will be dedicated to my hobby and passion, well the green one atleast, and the rest of the shop will be for my business and other passion, carpentry...Back to work this week though, so probably will be in and out for a few days, maybe do some fishing in an old fishing hole near the jobsite though!:high-five:

That's great GT. :) So glad you can spend some time at home. Tap water must be a fight to keep it right.
Remember problems make us better growers in the long run.
Oh! Man! A 500 foot grow room...that will be grrrrrreat. :high-five: Sure is fun when you love what your doing!
The old fishing hole sounds like a plan. It's there so why not. :bravo:

...PH probs huh? hate em, and I use tap water so I have to fight it constantly...

I didn't realize it was harder to maintain PH on tap water than R/O but, it does make sense when there are other minerals, etc. present.

I'm pretty lucky in that I live in an area with good tap water. I've now grown three plants, all different strains, in hydro with plain tap water. I do adjust PH pretty frequently, but I'm using some small res's (only 2 gallons in a waterfarm) and I've NEVER had to add cal/mag, so I guess it evens out in the end! :)

NOTE: Not everyone lives in an area where their tap water is conducive to growing, so I'm NOT recommending tap water over R/O! I was just intrigued by the PH/tap water statement and passing on my experience here. :)

I didn't realize it was harder to maintain PH on tap water than R/O but, it does make sense when there are other minerals, etc. present.

I'm pretty lucky in that I live in an area with good tap water. I've now grown three plants, all different strains, in hydro with plain tap water. I do adjust PH pretty frequently, but I'm using some small res's (only 2 gallons in a waterfarm) and I've NEVER had to add cal/mag, so I guess it evens out in the end! :)

NOTE: Not everyone lives in an area where their tap water is conducive to growing, so I'm NOT recommending tap water over R/O! I was just intrigued by the PH/tap water statement and passing on my experience here. :)

Hi Mr. Krip. :)

Yep tap water has all kinds of stuff in it. I filter mine and it's usually just like RO water....a flat neutral 7.0 pH. I think I need to go back to RO water, but it's a real pain for me to go get it. Quite a few folks use rain water, but here we have VOG and it ruins the rain water.

Your certainly right. I wont even drink our tap water...it's some of the worst water in the us. ...So be careful folks with what you let your girls drink. :smokin:

:rofl: ive had some of those reactions before too Old man....
the one thing that EVERYONE seems to agree on is that it is the most beautiful flower they have ever seen!:yummy:

Gt: Have fun Building that shop! got two great hobbies there! :eek:fftopic: what do ya build?

and to all the New growers, and OF course to all you other old fogies stay green!

Girls look amazing. I've been lurking and taking in as much of the great information you have. But need some help with cfl's and couldn't think of anyone better. How many do you use per plant for veg and what watt are they. Do you use 6700k or 2700k as I've got 2700k. Sorry there is so many questions anything you know is great. Thanks and keeps up the good work.

My good friend OMM -

I know you know the dealio at the moment, so I'll leave it at this: Keep the Matterhorn green, the 420mag community engaged, and yourself and Jo healthy.

Love ya man.

'Nuff said! X

Hey OMM!

I'm sorry for not getting around to stopping by sooner but with the wife, home, garden, etc..... my time is limited.

I just wanted to stop by and tell you what a wonderful resource you are to the 420mag community. Much respect my friend.

:Namaste:

Hey No Problem Buddy. :)

I know your busy as can be. Thanks for coming by!

Congratulations on your Nug of the month win. :bravo:

Well, thanks my friend.....your a hell of a resource too at our great 420 site. :thanks:

Girls look amazing. I've been lurking and taking in as much of the great information you have. But need some help with cfl's and couldn't think of anyone better. How many do you use per plant for veg and what watt are they. Do you use 6700k or 2700k as I've got 2700k. Sorry there is so many questions anything you know is great. Thanks and keeps up the good work.

Hey Smooth1 :)

Use the 6500k for vegging....the 2700k for flower. Or a combination of both.

Rule of thumb, use as many as you can. If your on a budget the low power ones will do fine...just use more of them. In my tent I use 100w, 200w, and 300w ones. In one grow box I had 14 going at one time, I can't remember off hand the total lumens...I think about 40,000. The higher the lunens the better off you are.

For one or two plants just get as much light as you can to them. The great thing about CFLs is you can put them very close to your plants with out burning them. It's also pretty easy to make reflectors for them using soda pop cans.

Here's a link to what one person did with cfls.

Since I don't know your set up......be sure to use a good reflective surface to surround them. Flat white paint will do a fine job. I would avoid tin foil it creates hot spots. But if that's all you have, it's better than nothing.
I love using CFLs. :) Hope this helps you. Feel free to ask more questions. :)

My good friend OMM -

I know you know the dealio at the moment, so I'll leave it at this: Keep the Matterhorn green, the 420mag community engaged, and yourself and Jo healthy.

Love ya man.

'Nuff said! X

Got you covered Buddy.:)

Will do my best to do all you said :high-five:

Take your vitamins and stay well.:Namaste:
OMM

Hey All, Another Bud Picture Update! :)

Hope you like them.

DSCN28053.JPG

DSCN28141.JPG

DSCN28161.JPG

DSCN28171.JPG

DSCN28241.JPG

DSCN28251.JPG

DSCN28271.JPG

DSCN28291.JPG

DSCN28302.JPG

The Frisen Dew is eating herself and all her trichs are cloudy. I took a couple of sample buds for testing tomorrow. She many come down soon if she is good.

The Critical+ is getting there too! Maybe in a week or two. This day 47 of bloom.
:)

End of update.:peace:

I'm a praying mantis in OMM's grow... just lurking, lurking, lurking...

WOOPS! - I got so relaxed I fell off my branch!!!
LOL... Up...here I am again! :)

Gees... did go checkout what temps run in HI - egads, if only I could get my whole family to move there! 2 basic seasons... summer 80F's (day) and 70's (nights)... then winter 70's (day) and 60's (night) - WOW!!! Here it ranges from over 40 below 0 with the wind chill in the winter, to over 120 with the heat index. So your temps change about 20 degrees all year, while ours range 160 degrees! LOL!!!

Luvies OMM!!! Just stopped in to pester you! Those buds are sure filling out SO NICELY!!! Drool... drool... drool!!!

OMM, your plants look awesome, my friend! :bravo:

I'm looking forward to a report on that sample! :grinjoint:

I bet you're not missing the outdoors, at all, but I'm really interested in your opinion of any differences in taste/quality versus some of your outdoor harvests.
:welldone:

Looking great my friend!! I too can't wait to hear about that sample...and we are in dire need of a story, if you are up to it that is....Daggum bad soap opera's are so hard to turn sometimes, lol!!

OMM everything is looking GREAT!!!!! You are going to enjoy the Critical!! The HoneyB is a must have!!! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!!!

I'm a praying mantis in OMM's grow... just lurking, lurking, lurking...

WOOPS! - I got so relaxed I fell off my branch!!!
LOL... Up...here I am again! :)

Gees... did go checkout what temps run in HI - egads, if only I could get my whole family to move there! 2 basic seasons... summer 80F's (day) and 70's (nights)... then winter 70's (day) and 60's (night) - WOW!!! Here it ranges from over 40 below 0 with the wind chill in the winter, to over 120 with the heat index. So your temps change about 20 degrees all year, while ours range 160 degrees! LOL!!!

Luvies OMM!!! Just stopped in to pester you! Those buds are sure filling out SO NICELY!!! Drool... drool... drool!!!

Hey Granny! :)

Your not supposed to munch on them as you go!!! :yahoo: No wonder you fell off! :)

As you have probably guessed....there is no way in hell I would live where you do. :yikes::yikes::yikes: You poor thing. :)

Yep, they are doing good and smell great. Good to see you girl,.:thanks:

OMM, your plants look awesome, my friend! :bravo:

I'm looking forward to a report on that sample! :grinjoint:

I bet you're not missing the outdoors, at all, but I'm really interested in your opinion of any differences in taste/quality versus some of your outdoor harvests.
:welldone:

Hi Mr. Krip. :)

Thanks Bro. I did the sample a while ago. I vaped it and the green taste was terrible. Got a small buzz, but nothing great, I think I'll let her go until she gets some amber in her.

So far the Lucy I grew in the bedroom w/CFLs was the best tasting and most potent smoke I've ever grown. I still miss the outside....just a different feel to it. Of course, since this my first in the tent......I'm hoping for some good stuff to come out of it in the end. I was looking at the back yard today, Hummm :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom