OldMedman Goes Indoors

Nice job OMM. Glad to hear that your getting some rest and glad that nothing more serious is happening. Most of all I just stopped by to pay my respects. See you around and keep on :)

:peacetwo:

Hi My Friend. ;)

I'm going to get some more rest tonight. Spent the morning at the hospital working on my breathing/pulmonary tests. It was a long (cough, cough) series of tests. Then they did a weird thing and scrubbed my lungs with some strange mixture of breathing chemicals. That alone took almost and hour. Don't know how long it will last...but I breath a bit better now. Magic!
Thanks for looking in one me. :high-five:

OMM, I love the stories from your time in the service. Keep up the great work shipmate!

Thanks steve. I enjoyed my service days, no joke, good and bad. When I went to the military hospital here today, I realized, after all these years...I wish I was still in. :cheer:

Looking really good man...Glad to hear the good news with Jo...Get some rest and smoke one ;)...will continue to check in
~Cmitch

Thanks, Jo is doing much better....she keeps her feet elevated and it helps.
Be looking for you Mate! ;)

Hey Old Man, havent stopped by for a bit...I see everything is going great with the grow huh! Just wanted to say hi and hope all is well with you and Jo and the girls!!! Take care bud and talk to you soon!!:high-five:

Hey willoby. :ganjamon:
Were finally doing better...Thanks for dropping in :cheer:

Hi social smoker. Sorry to hear about your Dad. :Namaste:
We were not going to have two tours, but they changed that rule very quickly.
They also sent me straight to Thailand from Nam..another thing they promised not to do. Needs of the service they said. :smokin:

thank you omm it was a long time ago im over it

Hey Old man!
WHEW! GOD U GOT STORYS! you have certainly LIVED!
glad to hear that jo is doing better
and as always your ladys look wonderful

Hi shaggie.....you haven't heard anything yet! :)

Your right I have LIVED my life! Since I believe this is the only one we will ever have...you better make the best of it!.

After the hospital today I went by the hydro store....no pure coco....all they had was some mixed with allot other things. They should have some in 2 or 3 weeks. :high-five: Jo's doing much better. She sees her Doctor in the morning.:peace:

Thanks steve. I enjoyed my service days, no joke, good and bad. When I went to the military hospital here today, I realized, after all these years...I wish I was still in. :cheer:
I spent 23 years in, not sure if I miss it enough to want to be back in. Particularly since the Marines are in some pretty rough areas recently. But I do get a slight twinge every now and then and miss the camaraderie.

Sorry All, I'm taking another night off tonight...I need the rest. :)

First a small story. They used to make funny movies about the service and they should make more. The service can be crazy at times. In fact down right crazy!

When they sent me to Thailand our base was across from the main Airport and we lived in a old WWII Japaneses Concentration Camp. Big open bays with bunk beds with mosquito nets on them. It was OK.

They did open a snack bar for us and showed a movie every night. Beer was 10 cents a can and cigs were 11 cents....were talking a long time ago. Well, I didn't drink and some of the other guys didn't either...the food was terrible at the snack bar. So we thought of a plan....I told our Dr. that I had stomach ulcers and a bit of ice cream would sure help. He had no way to test my stomach, so he wrote a note to the mess hall that I could get Ice Cream every night...all they had was 5 gallon containers, so that's what I got.
We were in heaven...I would see the Doc walking around and would always thank him.
10 months went by....by then I was living off post. One day he saw me and said he was sending me to the Thai Hospital. I went, but they didn't have the equipment to do the test. Another two weeks went by and he told me to pack my stuff, that he was sending me to the hospital at Clark AFB in the Philippines !!!! Ooooookay.

So I got on a medevac plane. We had to stop in DaNang to pick up wounded soldiers.I had help design the runway there. We were under fire the whole time....that's where I got my purple heart. Just a scratch really. We landed at Clark AFB and they fixed my little wound, but they were also remodeling and couldn't test my stomach. They sent me back to the states!!! I spent a month in the hospital there and they found nothing wrong with my stomach, of course.....But I was back in the USA! Craziness! :cheer:

I spent 23 years in, not sure if I miss it enough to want to be back in. Particularly since the Marines are in some pretty rough areas recently. But I do get a slight twinge every now and then and miss the camaraderie.

Yeah Buddy ! Not the time to be in the Marines now. They always get the worst places to go always have. One of things I liked about the service no matter where you were at you felt comfortable with your mates and you just met them. :)

Glad you are resting and taking care of yourself. :bravo:

I miss the service sometimes, but they all seem like kids now (and so were we!). I don't envy those guys in the middle-east dodging the IED's all the time... But, I sure as hell support 'em.

Glad you are resting and taking care of yourself. :bravo:

I miss the service sometimes, but they all seem like kids now (and so were we!). I don't envy those guys in the middle-east dodging the IED's all the time... But, I sure as hell support 'em.

Hey My Buddy. :high-five:

I feel guilty for not being on more and visiting everyone's journals as usual. The rest is helping me though. Taking Jo to the Doctors in an hour or so, hope she has an idea for Jo's swelling. Yesterday was my day, today is hers.

Being in jungles was bad, but fighting in a hot desert with nothing but rocks must be hell. :smokin::smokin:
When I'm on the Marine Base, some of them look like kids, hell they are kids!
Believe me they have my support too, in Spades! :thumb:

I thought that I had answered this, but looks like I missed you. :peace:

Yep....I kind of think I would have stayed longer...I wanted to go back to Europe one more time. But cancer took care of that thought. I even argued that there were two Generals still active with the same thing I had. They wouldn't buy it. I was just a peep.

They actually temporarily retired me for 5 years....like I was going to grow a new butt. :yahoo:
Actually, they did the temporarily thing because most cancer patients die within 5 years. I showed them eh? :ganjamon:

WOW miss a few days it takes a day to catch up hope all is well with you and yours. Your plants are lookin great thxs for your journal it brightens my day :thanks:

WOW miss a few days it takes a day to catch up hope all is well with you and yours. Your plants are lookin great thxs for your journal it brightens my day :thanks:

Hey Buddy.....It brightens my day too! So many people like yourself visit and makes it better! :high-five:

:surf: Hi Everyone! A picture update. :surf:

Lets just call it Bud Sites! :yummy:

DSCN26812.JPG

DSCN26842.JPG

DSCN26863.JPG

DSCN26901.JPG

DSCN26991.JPG

DSCN27001.JPG

DSCN27021.JPG

DSCN27031.JPG

DSCN27041.JPG

DSCN27071.JPG

Smells Great ! :surf::surf:

Looks great too! Speaking of spending time in the jungle - that's quite the jungle right there. Don't start a fire or the whole island is going to get high! ;)

Back
Top Bottom