OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1LB!?

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

Lol. shop class!? That hurts bro!
Just kidding.
It looks a little janky I know.. It's from a Canadian company called Hydrotek. It's the coolstar plus 6" cooltube. 100% sealed AND it's made from German aluminum! oooooooooooooooh German aluminum???? as if German aluminum is any better than any other aluminum right? But I will give it this, it weighs like 10 pounds with light, and it's low profile design allows you to snug it right up to ceiling level giving you almost 8 inches more than most "fatter" shades. It keeps my 1000 watt hps nice and cool with my maxi fan exhaust. And it was only 140.00.
I like it, but I want a larger footprint for my tent, and the one I have lined up is perfect.. I'll keep this one around in case I ever decide to fire up 2 lights.
shop class..
love it
Picture_172.png

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

Lol. shop class!? That hurts bro!
Just kidding.
It looks a little janky I know.. It's from a Canadian company called Hydrotek ...

Hey Vick, I happen to like your reflector even more-so now that I heard the price. What kind of floor space does this model cover? I will need to decide on a unit for a new 5'x5' tent pretty soon and had also been considering the XXL unit. I will try and find it online, but overall, would you recommend it?
:thumb:

Hey Vick, I happen to like your reflector even more-so now that I heard the price. What kind of floor space does this model cover? I will need to decide on a unit for a new 5'x5' tent pretty soon and had also been considering the XXL unit. I will try and find it online, but overall, would you recommend it?

Hey Aardvark

I knew someone would like my reflector. (whiz) Ha!
Correction it's from a company called Energy. I'll PM you the website that is selling them. Are you located in Canada or the U.S.? Not like it matters, this website sells to both. It's just I could help you out more if you're in Canada. I'm having trouble finding the exact specs and footprint coverage of this model. But I know that it is more than the smaller glass bottomed units like the Mavrick's and Silver Star shades..
Overall I would definitely recommend this shade, cheap, lightweight, effective..

@Aardvark, Sorry to butt in. But I wanted to suggest you take a serious look at the Raptor hood for your 5x5 tent. I just replaced a hood with the Raptor for my 5x5 because I found I needed a bigger footprint. I hate paying $200, but the hood is totally sealed (the glass is inside the bottom frame) and doesn't leak heat. With nothing more than a cooling fan on the hood and a carbon exhaust, both about 400cfm, my temps are nice at 79-81 under 1000w digilux hps. I have a couple pics in my current grow near my latest updates of the hood. Check it out, you might be happy.

No worries about the butt in Bass, The more information people can get about these hoods the better. I wanted to provide some more information about the Light Energy "King of shades". Because it sounds to be almost identical to the Hydrofarm Raptor hood. If anyone wants information about how to get one of these let me know and I'll PM a link to their website.
Here's some tech info on it with a photo.

The LightEnerG King of Shades is a mega size reflector that provides increased light distribution, and is the largest reflector available from LightEnerG. It features 6" air-cool fittings for optimal efficiency and a low profile design with a tight seal for maximum air cooling.
TECHNOLOGY:
Designed for maximum light reflectivity
6" air-cool fittings for optimal efficiency
Fully gasketed and sealed for extremely effective cooling and heat isolation
Pre-galvonized multi-point construction
Comes pre-wired with a Leviton socket

FEATURES:
Mega size reflector that provides increased light distribution
Designed for maximum light reflectivity
Extremely effective cooling and heat isolation
Pre-wired with 15' lamp cord and mogul socket
WHAT'S INCLUDED:
King of Shades Reflector
Mogul Socket
15' ft Lamp Cord
AVAILABLE IN:
6" (33" L x 27" W x 9" H)
Picture_183.png

One thing looks a lil different (besides the hydrofarm plug in the raptor-be forewarned, get the adapter). It looks like above has wing nuts holding the glass. The raptor glass is part of the actual bottom frame and you don't remove it ever unless you break the glass, then you need to buy the whole bottom frame I think. Point being, it's screwed in to the hood and has a silicone based weather stripping that supposedly lasts forever keeping it sealed up airtight. That's a big issue for me. If I can get the footprint I need, then I want it to be airtight.

bro, if your legal, return the hood (unless you are 100% sure you won't get an inspection)

I have an 8" Hydrotek Silverstar (only available for us in Canada) and was planning on buying 8 more of them for my new 150 plant license. I hired a ticketed electrician (does 80% of setups in b.c) and those hoods are not ETL approved for UL and CSA. Meaning if you ever have an inspection done, they will shut you down until you fix all the problems!! Pretty much any hood that you need to wire yourself isn't CSA approved. (I can't even use the brand new C.A.P MLC-8X I just bought :(

Hydrofarm seems to be the one of the only companies that has had lighting engineers work on their products. I ended up going with four Radiant 8's (I live in Van and ordered from Cali, only $400 for 3k of equip) and I got the ballast, bulb, hood and hangers for $340ea. Any company should ship the Baasp adapter with it (ie, hydrofarm hood to quantum ballast)

Your shit looks awesome man, and I hate to sound like a downer, but I'm just giving you a heads up brotha

Good to know info UG.
I'm gunna PM you so we can chat further about this..

Thanks weezingcorpse,
you're just in time for the best part..

Yea im over here waiting. I have to take measurements on my grow room so I can ask you a question about a hood that you would recommend for it. Im still going to keep my 400w MH/HPS in there also, Im thinking of getting a hood that will penetrate 1.5x as much as the 400w convertible. Or do you think I should just get a second MH/HPS convertible? 3 1/2ft x 5ft x 4ft x 5ft

With those measurements I'd go with a second 400 watt and run them side by side. That should give you more than enough light to penetrate those dimensions.

I was also thinking of just getting a 1000w or a 600w and let that run the room its self. See the thing with the convertibles they dont penetrate good front to back. So I would need more lighting on the front end, unless I just never use that space which is only about a 10inches wide & 3ft.L. I would want something that will cover a full radius. I figure your good with picking out good hoods so what you think?

I was also thinking of just getting a 1000w or a 600w and let that run the room its self. See the thing with the convertibles they dont penetrate good front to back. So I would need more lighting on the front end, unless I just never use that space which is only about a 10inches wide & 3ft.L. I would want something that will cover a full radius. I figure your good with picking out good hoods so what you think?
Hey Whiz
A few of us have suggested a few of the big shades: the Hydrofarm Raptor, the Light Energy king of shades, the one I have.. But maybe a parabolic reflector is more what you want. I remember you saying that you wanted to run a cooltube, but maybe a 600w hps mounted horizontally in a parabolic like one of these is what you need.. That is if you could keep that space cool enough to run it.
Picture_212.png
Picture_202.png

Update Time!!!
Day 42 of flower! enjoy!:)
day_42_31.jpg
day_42_4.jpg
day_42_7.jpg
day_42_8.jpg
I love the stubby tops of OG Kush, these are rock hard already and oozing resign.. Not to mention the smell:love:
day_42_6.jpg
day_42_9.jpg
day_42_10.jpg
day_42_13.jpg
day_42_111.jpg
day_42_21.jpg
day_42_15.jpg
day_42_14.jpg
The CFL light I was using to light some of these shots, really made the hairs look redder than they actually are. The 5th photo from the top most accurately shows how they look in person.
day_42_12.jpg

Well I thought I would come over and have a look. Woohoo! Bud time!! and frosty too. Sweet!!

nice pics too

Thanks Don!
And thanks for the +rep Buckshot!

:yummy:

Those are gorgeous!

As mentioned, great photos too. Very nice! Oh, how is the Super-cropping working out?

Back
Top Bottom