Noobs First Grow - First In Ten Years

:passitleft: I have been wanting to try the MLI ever since I stumbled upon your journal, duggs.
Even though I'm in the Pac NW I'm still in the desert. So it gets hot as hell during the day until about 7. Then it cools down rapidly until about 10. Sun comes up at 4 sets at 9. Still very weird to this Texan transplant. Have a good day buddy. I'll post some pictures later tonight.

:passitleft: I have been wanting to try the MLI ever since I stumbled upon your journal, duggs.
Even though I'm in the Pac NW I'm still in the desert.

Ditto on both parts.
Been drooling :drool: to try that MLI as well.
Whereabouts are you in the PNW? I'm in that good ol' hot box of the "high desert" as well......right in the middle of Orygun. Welcome to the northwest. If you have any security concerns,......check with duggan :laughtwo:

Ditto on both parts.
Whereabouts are you in the PNW? I'm in that good ol' hot box of the "high desert" as well......right in the middle of Orygun. Welcome to the northwest. If you have any security concerns,......check with duggan :laughtwo:

"Dugg's Northern Security Services"...:surf:

UPDATE

I decided to move the two C99 girls (well, I believe they are girls) to flower today. They will sit in the dark until tonight at 10 when the HPS comes on. The other two C99s appear to be male but I am going to keep them in veg for a little while longer to see if I am wrong, I hope I am. All of the Northern Lights plants are still difficult to get an idea of their sex. So, they will be staying in the veg closet for the time being.
Time for some pictures.

The Rise of The Clones
image12697.jpeg

image110053.JPG

My future Brix houses
image210038.JPG

image37016.JPG

The Closet

image41038.JPG

image210039.JPG

image41039.JPG

The Tent

image37017.JPG

image51029.JPG

Thanks for checking it out :roorrip:

Ditto on both parts.

I'm in the desert in Washington by the Columbia. It's weird saying I live by a river in the desert. :rofl:

Beautiful canopy in that closet Noob. Wow! It got crowded in there, didn't it? :laughtwo:

Good morning. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

UPDATE

I decided to move the two C99 girls (well, I believe they are girls) to flower today. They will sit in the dark until tonight at 10 when the HPS comes on. The other two C99s appear to be male but I am going to keep them in veg for a little while longer to see if I am wrong, I hope I am. All of the Northern Lights plants are still difficult to get an idea of their sex. So, they will be staying in the veg closet for the time being.
Time for some pictures.

The Rise of The Clones
image12697.jpeg

image110053.JPG

My future Brix houses
image210038.JPG

image37016.JPG

The Closet

image41038.JPG

image210039.JPG

image41039.JPG

The Tent

image37017.JPG

image51029.JPG

Thanks for checking it out :roorrip:

Beautiful canopy in that closet Noob. Wow! It got crowded in there, didn't it? :laughtwo:

Good morning. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I think I'm more excited about the rooted clone. Although that's the only one. :rofl:

Thanks LA. If only I could remember what I did with that specific clone that I didn't do with the others. These plants... I tell ya. Have a good day buddy

Not to worry buddy, they probably have roots, just haven't stretched all the way down yet. They still look healthy. Good move on moving the girls (hopefully) to flower. :thumb:

Im late to the party but will pull up a chair if that's OK. Great looking plants and set up!

Thanks weenmeoff! Welcome. I started snooping around this site around November of last year to help me plan my grow set-up. I wandered the internet for 3 months before that. When I finally settled on a budget and to just do it, I ended up just jumping in with both feet and started treading water. Little by little I have made this thing work. But it isn't without a lot of mistakes along the way. Tiny mistakes, but mistakes nonetheless.

This is my clumsy segue...

UPDATE

What a great way to start the day. Looking in on my two girls in the tent with all of that room.

image12738.jpeg

I thought I covered all of the pin holes in my tent but I keep finding them when I walk in my room and it's dark. I just keep placing duct tape over the trouble spots. I decided that I would wait until lights off to get in the tent one more time to make sure no light was getting in. Am I being too anal about this? I got in and zip up the tent and found an exhaust port that I didn't close up and that was it. It was total darkness in there except where the zipper was so I could get out.

While I was waiting for the lights to go out in the tent, I checked on the veg closet. I have a few more clones showing roots so I got that going for me, which is nice. :) My seedlings look lovely. They will be ready to go in the bigger pots as soon as I get rid of the plants below.

Speaking of the plants below. I decided to flush my two problem plants, hoping that when they dry out and get a feeding, they will bounce back. I only flushed them with 6 gallons of pH water each. I know it's supposed to be 3 times the pot size but I didn't want to shock them too much since they are under the weather.

image12740.jpeg

I'm having a nice day. The weather is beautiful outside, the birds are chirping, and my garden is growing like crazy. I hope you people are having the same kind of wonderful.

Thanks for checking it out Cheers :roorrip:

P.S. "My bathtub isn't that dirty. That's the soil from the bottom of the pots coming out. The stuff on the side of the tub is stained that way. It's an old tub." My weezy wanted me to tell you that because she doesn't want you thinking she has a nasty bathroom. :)

Things are looking great. A thing to try when flushing is to have your nutrient around 400ppm for the flush. When I do a chem nute or liquid organics I try and do that. A 400 ppm nutrient will flush better than plain water because the small amount of ions will help unlock nutrients bound in the soil. It will also give some food to plants having problems. Plain water especially non PH'ed can exacerbate your issues. If you do use plain water to flush, add a dilute nute feeding at the end.

When I was all chem I never flushed with straight water. Even at the end of the grow. A dilute feeding is much better for finishing the plant. That's one of Shiggy's secrets for maximum trichome and terpene production.

Tell your weezy we understand. Not that this group of men following you around was about to notice the tub with the plants staring at them like that. :laughtwo:

You sound very happy Noob. That warms my heart. :hug::hug::hug:

Things are looking great. A thing to try when flushing is to have your nutrient around 400ppm for the flush. When I do a chem nute or liquid organics I try and do that. A 400 ppm nutrient will flush better than plain water because the small amount of ions will help unlock nutrients bound in the soil. It will also give some food to plants having problems. Plain water especially non PH'ed can exacerbate your issues. If you do use plain water to flush, add a dilute nute feeding at the end.

When I was all chem I never flushed with straight water. Even at the end of the grow. A dilute feeding is much better for finishing the plant. That's one of Shiggy's secrets for maximum trichome and terpene production.

I pH adjusted the water to 6.3. Should I go ahead and feed them a weak feeding now or should I wait until they dry out? I never knew about flushing with a weak nutrient solution. Thanks for the heads up Shiggity.

Looking great over here Noob, your girls are looking nice and vigorous :goodjob:

Well said Shiggity I completely agree :)

GreenFingers

Thank you GreenFingers. I hope my girls continue to thrive despite my noob mistakes.

I had no idea about flushing with a weak nutrient solution. Learn something new every day on this site.

Cheers GreenFingers :roorrip:

I would wait. Keeping them wet too long by watering again would stress the roots. Just keep it in mind for next run through. Only the very last watering in flower should be plain PH'ed water. At two weeks to go I cut down to half at the 2 weeks water. Then down to 400 after that. Then 0 for last water.

Thanks Shiggity. Cheers :roorrip:

Tell your weezy we understand. Not that this group of men following you around was about to notice the tub with the plants staring at them like that. :laughtwo:

You sound very happy Noob. That warms my heart. :hug::hug::hug:

:laughtwo: We were having lunch and she saw that picture in my phone and asked why I took it. I explained that I was going to post it. She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "You can't put that picture on the internet. That tub looks horrible!" So I promised I would add the disclaimer. Then I forgot. I had to edit it to add it in.

Thank you Sue :hug::hug::hug:

Back
Top Bottom