Noobs First Grow - First In Ten Years

Inquiring minds want to know Noob. I couldn't get mine to work worth shit.

It occurs to me that the people making hair straightening irons must be doing a booming business. :laughtwo:

image12887.jpeg

Made myself some oil. My back has been bothering me since I broke my office chair and had to replace it with a stiff dining chair. I made the oil using the hair straightener, clamp, and parchment method. I made this batch in literally 8 seconds. Then I decided to see if I could get some more out of the puck. I got the same amount of oil but much darker and not as pleasant smelling. I have just been adding a little of the darker oil to my bowls until I get a rig. I can definitely say I'm baked as fuck right now. I haven't even tried the oil you see above yet.

Cheers guys :roorrip:

+reps my friend! very nice. :roorrip:

I take my bud and I squish it between my fingers to get it compact a little.
I fold the parchment in half. I place said bus in parchment
I turn on the flat iron full blast right before I place the parchment in between it.
I clamp down with my 600 lb quick grip vice
I wait until I hear sizzling. Usually about 8 seconds.
I unlock the vice grips immediately and pop out the puck of plant material
I dab
:)

Then your hot iron isn't getting hot enough.

Mine heats to 410 degrees F and I used my bench-mounted vice and I got spit when I tried. I won't try that again until I have another harvest. Frustrating though, considering I did an alcohol wash of two grams earlier and got a significant amount of oil from it. Solvent's expensive, but effective.

.................. I forgot..........., Hello Noob :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Mine heats to 410 degrees F and I used my bench-mounted vice and I got spit when I tried. I won't try that again until I have another harvest. Frustrating though, considering I did an alcohol wash of two grams earlier and got a significant amount of oil from it. Solvent's expensive, but effective.
I bought some everclear solvent the other day. It's in the freezer. May need to do a wash to get some oil for a damn dab! Lol

I bought some everclear solvent the other day. It's in the freezer. May need to do a wash to get some oil for a damn dab! Lol

I'm trying to work out a way to get it to a particular consistency and tip it onto a flat surface. Scraping it out of a container is a PITA. I can do it, and I've gotten to be very talented at it, leaving nothing behind, but if there's a way to get it to finish purging on a mirror, that'd make it so much easier to dab.

Wait till you try it Canna. Whew! Kicks your butt. Oh, I forgot I have some in the vape pen. :laughtwo:

I'm trying to work out a way to get it to a particular consistency and tip it onto a flat surface. Scraping it out of a container is a PITA. I can do it, and I've gotten to be very talented at it, leaving nothing behind, but if there's a way to get it to finish purging on a mirror, that'd make it so much easier to dab.

Wait till you try it Canna. Whew! Kicks your butt. Oh, I forgot I have some in the vape pen. :laughtwo:
I'd think a mirror wouldn't withstand the heat. It would probably Crack. If you are looking for a flat surface to use, I'd suggest a small shallow Pyrex glass baking pan. That way you could get in there with a razor and collect the stickiness in an easier way than fighting a pan or round bowl

I'd think a mirror wouldn't withstand the heat. It would probably Crack. If you are looking for a flat surface to use, I'd suggest a small shallow Pyrex glass baking pan. That way you could get in there with a razor and collect the stickiness in an easier way than fighting a pan or round bowl

I use pyrex and lightly heat the bottom and scrape as I do. It doesn't take a lot of heat to make even shatter easily scrapeable. A nice razor scraping tool will make you happy...

:peace:

FE

I use pyrex and lightly heat the bottom and scrape as I do. It doesn't take a lot of heat to make even shatter easily scrapeable. A nice razor scraping tool will make you happy...

FE

I've been considering making a specialized tool for the razor. :)

I'm not talking about heating it from this point, just letting it purge by natural evaporation, so what I'm left with is an oily sheen to gather for vaping purposes. Just thinking about how to avoid sides and the bends that accompany them. :battingeyelashes:

I'm only talking about small quantities too.

I figured Pyrex would hold up to the heat. How do you heat it? Double boiler?

Yah i double boil it originally to get it to degass some. But after that part. I use my small torch to gently heat the bottom of the pyrex. Then scrape a little. Then reheat some more.. scrape... Oils have a very low temp to make it back to almost liquid. Just don't heat too fast it can break the pyrex. The razor tool i use was not expensive. $5 or something from that place online that carries the high quality stuff made west of San Fran. It is a palm scraper with replaceable blades. Works like a charm. I am doing another run this week ;)

FE

I've been considering making a specialized tool for the razor. :)

I'm not talking about heating it from this point, just letting it purge by natural evaporation, so what I'm left with is an oily sheen to gather for vaping purposes. Just thinking about how to avoid sides and the bends that accompany them. :battingeyelashes:

I'm only talking about small quantities too.

The sides and bends are a hassle yes.. really just the corners. I use a dab tool for the corners. And I don't spend all day trying to get all of it from there. Heating it up as I go some helps alot. I got 12.5G of oil from last run and it only took me maybe 30 min each to clean the two pyrex. Anything left in the pyrex is seasoning for the next run ;)

FE

Back
Top Bottom