Noobs First Grow - First In Ten Years

:welcome: Obi Wan

:welcome: welsh

I have a feeling the excitement is just going to keep giving and giving throughout this grow. Let's hope so.

My freakin seeds still aren't here. I think I might order more from another seed bank. That way, if these seeds do get here, I will have backups in case something bad happens. lol

Check out our 420 sponsor page. Bean banks a plenty! I have spent hours upon hours on many of them researchin the type I wanted. I wound up bustin my bean buyin cherry over at HAZE.IO. Great company. Took 6 days from them to me and I had my seeds. :thumb: I recommend them.. Tell em STIHL LOGGER sent ya.. :high-five:

Check out our 420 sponsor page. Bean banks a plenty! I have spent hours upon hours on many of them researchin the type I wanted. I wound up bustin my bean buyin cherry over at HAZE.IO. Great company. Took 6 days from them to me and I had my seeds. :thumb: I recommend them.. Tell em STIHL LOGGER sent ya.. :high-five:

Thanks for the heads up STIHL. I'll head over there and check em out.

So, like my name says, I'm a noob. :rolleyes3

Turns out, it takes up to ten days AFTER my order is received. Mike at Peak Seeds emailed me back after I inquired about the seeds. He said my order just got there Friday. (That is crazy to me. I live in Washington state and he is in Victoria.) He said my seeds will be mailed out Monday morning. Hopefully they get here faster than it took to get there.

I guess in my excited state that I wasn't thinking about the letter going through customs, etc. I hope these seeds were worth it. In the meantime, I will keep trying to grow this Tangerine Dream seed and I will continue to look at seeds from other sites to order in case something happens to my order on the way back to me.

Seedsman has probably been the quickest to get delivered to me (AU) in a week, not sure if they are still sponsors here or not, Herbies a couple of days longer and Bonza usually anywhere from 3-4 weeks. All 3 of them i have never had an issue with arriving, only once with bonza because i chose free shipping no stealth lol.

Thanks for the info Feral. I'm hoping these seeds, and the wait, are worth it. I have heard and reads a lot of good things about his genetics. If they turn out to be less than amazing, I will probably look elsewhere for my future grows. But, the grows that I have seen all over the internet are any indication, I think I will be a happy camper.

I think you will be fine :)
Heard good things about Peak seeds, once they get there you should be very happy ;)

I usually shop around all the seedbanks and breeder pages, keep an eye on the newer or rarer strains and who stocks them, some banks only carry certain breeders, saying that they could only carry certain strains from these breeders, some do pick and mix at great prices, different promotions on all of them too so always get different freebies, can pretty much guarantee the seeds will arrive if they are a 420mag sponsor.

When your seeds come in you're going to be very happy. You chose well. Good pain meds. :love:

The Agent Orange is enticing, and Shiggity made them look all the more desirable. I look forward to watching you grow one. You realize we snagged you when you started this journal, don't you? :laughtwo: We tend to be somewhat addictive. My expectation is that we'll have years to get to know you better. Welcome to the family. :love: :hug: :love:,

Noob I have been thinking about that Agent Orange... Well thinking of this being your first indoor after running many outdoor I actually would recommend going with another strain at first. The agent orange is a complicated plant because it stretches to be almost 3 times what it was in veg. If I had to recommend something that I have grown I would recommend the huckleberry Kush. It's a unbelievably awesome strain. Harvesting at 1% amber it is not couch lock weed either.
If I had anyone's strains to choose from what I have seen growing here I would choose Carnival and Sue is going to chime in here and agree. Find it on Graytails thread. And Sue's. It doesn't seem to stretch and it puts out buds that run continuous along the stem. I have plans on growing it as well. She says the smoke is wonderful and so does Graytail. It's a Ministry of Cannabis strain and it is feminized so no males to worry about.
Then after two grows go ahead and grow the Agent Orange. It's not that I am doubting your ability, I just want to see you completely successful.

Noob I have been thinking about that Agent Orange... Well thinking of this being your first indoor after running many outdoor I actually would recommend going with another strain at first. The agent orange is a complicated plant because it stretches to be almost 3 times what it was in veg. If I had to recommend something that I have grown I would recommend the huckleberry Kush. It's a unbelievably awesome strain. Harvesting at 1% amber it is not couch lock weed either.
If I had anyone's strains to choose from what I have seen growing here I would choose Carnival and Sue is going to chime in here and agree. Find it on Graytails thread. And Sue's. It doesn't seem to stretch and it puts out buds that run continuous along the stem. I have plans on growing it as well. She says the smoke is wonderful and so does Graytail. It's a Ministry of Cannabis strain and it is feminized so no males to worry about.
Then after two grows go ahead and grow the Agent Orange. It's not that I am doubting your ability, I just want to see you completely successful.

I appreciate the advice, Shigg. I respect your growing ability so I will definitely heed your suggestion. I think it is very smart for me to start growing again with some beginner strains. Maybe I was lulled into thinking I could grow those beautiful plants because you make it look so easy. LOL I am definitely going to check out the Carnival.

:high-five:

The Agent Orange is enticing, and Shiggity made them look all the more desirable. I look forward to watching you grow one. You realize we snagged you when you started this journal, don't you? :laughtwo: We tend to be somewhat addictive. My expectation is that we'll have years to get to know you better. Welcome to the family. :love: :hug: :love:,

I love this site and the family type atmosphere it promotes through the love and kindness of it's many wonderful members. I don't feel like I'm doing this on my own, I feel like I'm growing with some good friends, who happen to know a lot more about growing this plant than I do. Thank you for being awesome :420:

The carnival is a strain you won't be sorry to grow and definitely not a beginners strain. I drool over every pic I see of it and personally think it is the nicest plant I have ever seen in Sue's garden. A prizewinning beauty. And no joke strength wise either. I also don't want you to have to deal with the herm issues I had with Agent O. I ended up with two of three girls throwing nanners at the end of the grow. TGA has great strains but they are a bit notorious for late season nanners. If you end up getting Carnival I won't be far behind! I want that strain so darn bad! That and Graytails Y Griega.

Just ordered from HAZE.IO. I got Dinafem OG Cush. Dutch Passion Auto Mazar, Ministry of Cannabis Carnival, and Blim Burn Mango. got some freebies too. Should be here WAY before my other seeds. These seeds are all fem too so probably a better idea to grow these first. Thanks for the heads up STIHL on the company. Easy
Thanks for the recommend Shigg.
:Namaste:

I'd be sooo thrilled if you two did side-by-sides. Oh, do it guys!!!

Carnival - one of my most highly recommended strains. I agree with Shiggity, even given the beauty of my first grow, my Carnival was my crowning achievement so far. Someday, I'm going to coax one into POTM material. Once I get the Budmaster GOD panel, my chances increase, don't you think? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Easy, easy, easy plant to grow. Stable genetics, you're going to get one of two phenotypes, both of which are carefree to grow and potent as hell. Graytail and I think of it as akin to a meth high, so be forewarned. This one's not for the faint of heart. It would be excellent pain meds and would give you the clearest thinking you can imagine. There's a reason that out of all he grows, Carnival is Graytail's go-to. He always has a few growing in his garden, so you can check them out and see what's ahead. He taught me to train her for that lovely canopy I had. What a great mentor. :battingeyelashes: :love:

You have a lanky pheno, or a squatty pheno like mine was.

image4633.jpeg

image4630.jpeg

image4628.jpeg

image4631.jpeg

image4629.jpeg

Doesn't she look like fun? :laughtwo: I'll get more resin on my next one.

Good seed choices. :high-five:

That is a beautiful plant Sue!!! :thumb:

I think I will be happy with my decision to go ahead and order some strains that the people that are helping me are familiar with. It will make it easier for you guys to direct me when I need it.

I'm even more excited now than I was before. I opted for the advances shipping so it should be here next week. BOOM!

Back
Top Bottom