Noobs First Grow - First In Ten Years

Sue I agree with not misting. It seems to me that misting makes it too wet and the inside of the seed can turn to mush. Once the initial soaking happens I just lay a sandwich bag flat over the solo cup or 1 gallon pot and that vents a little air and keeps the moisture inside high enough.

This last time I had one out of six seeds fail to sprout. I dug it up and saw it never split. So I squeezed it carefully and it cracked open a hair. Replanted and three days later it sprouted a seedling :) that was the second miracle sprout of the month. The first was lil Blue, my entry into POTM last month. She got six votes! I was so proud.

Since I put the clear plastic containers over the pots, I haven't really messed with them much except to pull them out to see if there is anything happening. So inpatient... I appreciate the advice and help from you Shig

Have you tried any Native American dances to get the seedies to sprout? Helped my recent babes ;)

Now THIS is one of the most novel ideas I've come across. :laughtwo: My best friend is Native American, and she laughed in delight when I shared this with her. Definately a way to encourage growth. :love:

So, I went upstairs after my relatives left to go back to their hotel and I went to open the grow closet. I was just quickly glancing at the pots thinking there would be nothing to see. Well... I caught a glimpse if green as I was scanning. Could it be??

Life :theband::tommy:

image9663.jpeg

Then I zoomed in and saw the leaves...

image9665.jpeg

This was C99 #2 that showed herself first. The surface looks really dry and my humidity is around 39. I'm trying not to do anything but the noob in me wants to mist those pots so bad. I uncovered them while the light was on tonight like Shiggity suggested.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome

Thanks for checking it out :roorrip:

Welcome little one. Grow big and strong. :circle-of-love:

Haha! Cajun always calls this one "Cindy". That's my sister's name, and the connection of her name with a cannabis plant makes me giggle. :laughtwo: She's a staunch fundamental Christian who'd be majorly chagrined to find out what her big sister does for her favorite hobby.

This was C99 #2 that showed herself first. The surface looks really dry and my humidity is around 39. I'm trying not to do anything but the noob in me wants to mist those pots so bad. I uncovered them while the light was on tonight like Shiggity suggested.

I'm in the no mist camp :)

I water at the drip line with a pipette or eye dropper. Temps are still a key component for a few more days. Keep up the awesome work!

/Obi

Welcome little one. Grow big and strong. :circle-of-love:

Haha! Cajun always calls this one "Cindy". That's my sister's name, and the connection of her name with a cannabis plant makes me giggle. :laughtwo: She's a staunch fundamental Christian who'd be majorly chagrined to find out what her big sister does for her favorite hobby.

Yeah, it's Cinderella 99. I always knew it as c99. I'm hoping this genetics is what I'm looking for. That's funny about your sister. I have some big time Christians in my house right now. They have no idea what's growing behind those doors. They are very against marijuana. So the down low it is while they are here. :hug:

So, I went upstairs after my relatives left to go back to their hotel and I went to open the grow closet. I was just quickly glancing at the pots thinking there would be nothing to see. Well... I caught a glimpse if green as I was scanning. Could it be??

Life :theband::tommy:

image9663.jpeg

Then I zoomed in and saw the leaves...

image9665.jpeg

So happy and excited to see this I just wanna high five ya till my arms fall off my friend! April seedlings bring June nuggets! :high-five:

So happy and excited to see this I just wanna high five ya till my arms fall off my friend! April seedlings bring June nuggets! :high-five:

I'm very excited, STIHL! The moment my eye catches green, I get butterflies in my stomach like the first time I kissed I kissed a girl.
Here's to you, my friend :roorrip:

Noob here. It's like every time my relatives leave to go back to their hotel, a new seedling pops up to get some fresh air and bright sunshine. The relatives are leaving to go back tomorrow morning so I hope their good luck keeps giving. Yes, that means we have two seedlings Cinderella 2 and Cindy 3. This is like winning the lottery every day. This is so exciting. I know it's no big deal to a bunch of the experienced growers but every time I see a new plant I get giddy.

On to the pictures:

Here we have the line-up

image9730.jpeg

Next up we have the temps and humidity

image9728.jpeg

Here is the first seed to pop, Cinderella 2

image9732.jpeg

This is the new baby, Cindy 3

image9731.jpeg

Awesome right guys?

Looking fantastic!

Germinating seeds is still an anxious event for me! The nerves and anticipation remain constant grow after grow until I see them poke above ground.

Nice job, Noob!

/Obi

Back
Top Bottom