Noobs First Grow - First In Ten Years

I ordered a 400 watt MH light last night for the plants to go under after they outgrow the T5. Hopefully somebody on here can tell me when that would be a good idea. I also ordered some sunglasses to wear so i don't slowly go blind staring at my plants. I bought another clip fan to get some more airflow in the closet. I also got a ph pen for my water. And I got some Panda Film even though I was asked how much of a difference is it really going to make?

I am trying to look into the future and try to buy things a little at a time instead of forking over a ton of money at a time.

Speaking of forking over money, my seeds from HAZE.IO arrived today. Took around 12 days from ordering. But I ordered on a Saturday. So, probably 10 days. Here they are....

image9521.jpeg

I still have to figure out what some of the codes mean but I'm super stoked.

I ordered a 400 watt MH light last night for the plants to go under after they outgrow the T5. Hopefully somebody on here can tell me when that would be a good idea. I also ordered some sunglasses to wear so i don't slowly go blind staring at my plants. I bought another clip fan to get some more airflow in the closet. I also got a ph pen for my water. And I got some Panda Film even though I was asked how much of a difference is it really going to make?

I am trying to look into the future and try to buy things a little at a time instead of forking over a ton of money at a time.

Speaking of forking over money, my seeds from HAZE.IO arrived today. Took around 12 days from ordering. But I ordered on a Saturday. So, probably 10 days. Here they are....

image9521.jpeg

I still have to figure out what some of the codes mean but I'm super stoked.

I'm super stoked for you Noob. :hug: Hold on, let me jump for joy. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

How happy am I that you chose good eyesight. :laughtwo: I tend to forget I have the glasses. Hangs her head in shame. Not my smartest move. You're smart to try to stretch it out. The expansion bug hasn't hit you yet, so we'll let you believe you can control spending. :laughtwo:

I'm super stoked for you Noob. :hug: Hold on, let me jump for joy. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

How happy am I that you chose good eyesight. :laughtwo: I tend to forget I have the glasses. Hangs her head in shame. Not my smartest move. You're smart to try to stretch it out. The expansion bug hasn't hit you yet, so we'll let you believe you can control spending. :laughtwo:

:rofl: I am already planning on adding a tent and a window unit (If my room can handle it)

:hug: :hug: :hug: Love seeing your positive energy in my garden every day. You are awesome SweetSue!

Hey Noob,
Seen you over in duggans thread & followed the link in your sig. Thanks for putting that in. Dang!! Couple of weeks late & 15 pgs. to catch up. Always fun to hang with anotha PNW brotha. Keep it green :morenutes::goodluck:

Hey Noob,
Seen you over in duggans thread & followed the link in your sig. Thanks for putting that in. Dang!! Couple of weeks late & 15 pgs. to catch up. Always fun to hang with anotha PNW brotha. Keep it green :morenutes::goodluck:

Welcome Budley. Yeah, I got this journal started thinking that I would be going within a day or two. Life happened. We laughed. We cried. But it's all good now. I have a plethora of beans to play with. I'm a noob to the PNW too. I'm a transplant from Texas but I don't miss the heat man.
Here's to you brotha. :roorrip:

ha ha yea really man i was looking through random pages for pics thinking this is near the end and it hasnt even really started lol...Well im here and looking to learn as im in the tail end of my first grow.

So some relatives are coming to see the fam this weekend. I'm glad they aren't staying here. :woohoo: I don't have my lights on for 6 hours during the day so I'm not worried about them seeing any light. The exhaust fan is only on low when the lights come on, so not worried about the sound. I just don't want them going in my room. I'm just going to tell them that I paint in there, which is true, and it's a mess and I would rather they don't look in there. They have never seen this house so I'm thinking it will come up during the grand tour.
They are really here to see my son anyways so no big deal. :wood:

The seeds haven't broken the surface yet. I know I have time. I set a pan with an absorbent towel in it to increase humidity in the closet. It is at 53% right now. I decided I would try to help the plants hold some water in their environment, so I placed a clear, square plastic lid over 4 plants and a clear plastic pie lid over the other 4. lol It was all I had at the time. We shall see if it helps.

Here's to you guys :roorrip:

So some relatives are coming to see the fam this weekend. I'm glad they aren't staying here. :woohoo: I don't have my lights on for 6 hours during the day so I'm not worried about them seeing any light. The exhaust fan is only on low when the lights come on, so not worried about the sound. I just don't want them going in my room. I'm just going to tell them that I paint in there, which is true, and it's a mess and I would rather they don't look in there. They have never seen this house so I'm thinking it will come up during the grand tour.
They are really here to see my son anyways so no big deal. :wood:

The seeds haven't broken the surface yet. I know I have time. I set a pan with an absorbent towel in it to increase humidity in the closet. It is at 53% right now. I decided I would try to help the plants hold some water in their environment, so I placed a clear, square plastic lid over 4 plants and a clear plastic pie lid over the other 4. lol It was all I had at the time. We shall see if it helps.

Here's to you guys :roorrip:

Just make sure the top soil stays constantly moist not soaking but moist spray them with a lil water every few hours.

Just make sure the top soil stays constantly moist not soaking but moist spray them with a lil water every few hours.

Thanks for the heads up NastyAce. I have been hitting them up when they were looking dry. Gives me something to do to.

Here you go, have some of this :passitleft:

Good morning Noob :hug:

:passitleft: I never really mist the surface. I figure the soil in the cup was thoroughly hydrated the night before I planted the seed and topped off after planting, it's a good soil mix and hopefully a seed with the desire to thrive. All those ducks in a row means I want to keep from touching it and let the evolutionary drive of Mother Nature do its thing. Sometime in a week or so it should sprout.

Not all seeds are equal. You want to believe they'll all sprout, and hopefully a greater percentage do, considering the money we pay for them, but not all will make it.

Having said all that, my germination success ratios are not all that they could be. It's the most stressful time of a grow for me. Hmmmmm....... :passitleft: Maybe simply changing that attitude could improve my chances, begin expecting better results. :hmmmm:

Alright, one more before I jump in the shower and get this day going already.

:passitleft:

Sue I agree with not misting. It seems to me that misting makes it too wet and the inside of the seed can turn to mush. Once the initial soaking happens I just lay a sandwich bag flat over the solo cup or 1 gallon pot and that vents a little air and keeps the moisture inside high enough.

This last time I had one out of six seeds fail to sprout. I dug it up and saw it never split. So I squeezed it carefully and it cracked open a hair. Replanted and three days later it sprouted a seedling :) that was the second miracle sprout of the month. The first was lil Blue, my entry into POTM last month. She got six votes! I was so proud.

Sue I agree with not misting. It seems to me that misting makes it too wet and the inside of the seed can turn to mush. Once the initial soaking happens I just lay a sandwich bag flat over the solo cup or 1 gallon pot and that vents a little air and keeps the moisture inside high enough.

This last time I had one out of six seeds fail to sprout. I dug it up and saw it never split. So I squeezed it carefully and it cracked open a hair. Replanted and three days later it sprouted a seedling :) that was the second miracle sprout of the month. The first was lil Blue, my entry into POTM last month. She got six votes! I was so proud.

:laughtwo: Only you Shiggity, would get seeds to sprout miraculously. Lol!

I dont to be a free loader, i brought some to the party also. :passitleft::blunt::cough:

I know the feeling waiting for them to sprout....you just want to watch them and to hurry up

:passitleft: :cough:

Thanks for that Nismo. Yeah, It's a little nerve wrecking because this is the first time I have paid for seeds.

Back
Top Bottom