Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #3 5x5 - Dissertation Grow

I could go and cuddle & Co who I just watched watch the second (latest gen) Planet Of The Apes with cool wonder, and sleep OR pop up one of the motor bikes in the garage and bump the Co2 levels for 30 minutes before lights out OR fret that I ran my battery low before bed, but wake up in 6 hours with full healthy battery! I like running it to 20% and then recharging and & Co does a good cuddle!

The Co2 can wait!

IMG_7290.jpeg

Decent size a rum and coke for me!

Looking sweet brother 👌 nice and tidy all ready for the spaghetti to be added 🤣 how deep Is your tray bro? I use a bilge pump which automatically pumps the water out once it reaches 7cm deep.. I'm sure they do smaller ones as mine is large and way more power then I need 🤣

I'm sure you know that CO2 and CO are completely different things but in case anyone else is reading this: ☠️
The Monox or the Diox will both kill you real quick. Nowadays when people commit suicide with what was an English classic, the father of a pupil at my school back in say 1992 did the hosepipe from car exhaust to window thing. With the change to unleaded fuel and catalytic converters it became more the Carbon Dioxide - Co2 killing you over the Carbon Monoxide - Co killing you. You’re most likely to die from Monoxide if you have have a gas heater with the flue blocked and not allowing the Co to vent (Its rare & Co needs to vent but safest to let her when she needs to!)

Ultimately both will kill you and really quick. When I was in the bar/nightclub game a manager at another bar in the group walked into the cold room for the beers and was passed out in a couple of minutes. A problem (not sure human or equipment failure) on the Co2 tank, there would be two, one for the beer and one for the post mix, coke/pepsi whatever, leaked. Lights out buddy. Were it not for the fact the Draysmen arrived for the Monday morning delivery he’d have been dead. Very dead as they say in Thailand, somewhat superflously!

I take the Co2 so seriously. I mean I have an internal pipe running it from ground floor to upstairs plus more in the garage. My apologies for being flippant.

This thread got resurrected recently. Someone actually talking about using Co2 without a controller.

Great contender for the Darwin Awards.

Nick & Co Preaching Safe Use of Co2 for 25 Years

Looking sweet brother 👌 nice and tidy all ready for the spaghetti to be added 🤣 how deep Is your tray bro? I use a bilge pump which automatically pumps the water out once it reaches 7cm deep.. I'm sure they do smaller ones as mine is large and way more power then I need 🤣
Thanks bro!

Need to measure but pretty sure 4.5cm so that’s an 1” 1/2 in old money?

The garage is on a gradient so thinking I can get done with just gravity. Possibly creating a right to left gradient artificially (there are three tents in a line) then using the garage gradient to carry it all out to the drain on the street.

Pipe and another manifold arrived earlier so the 12cm/5” drippers should be in tonight.

Plants looking well. Not watered at all yesterday. Bit more praying from them.

Oh and fresh tank of gas ready to fire up.

Get this thing on the grow!

Nick & Co

IMG_8180.jpeg

The Monox or the Diox will both kill you real quick. Nowadays when people commit suicide with what was an English classic, the father of a pupil at my school back in say 1992 did the hosepipe from car exhaust to window thing. With the change to unleaded fuel and catalytic converters it became more the Carbon Dioxide - Co2 killing you over the Carbon Monoxide - Co killing you. You’re most likely to die from Monoxide if you have have a gas heater with the flue blocked and not allowing the Co to vent (Its rare & Co needs to vent but safest to let her when she needs to!)

Ultimately both will kill you and really quick. When I was in the bar/nightclub game a manager at another bar in the group walked into the cold room for the beers and was passed out in a couple of minutes. A problem (not sure human or equipment failure) on the Co2 tank, there would be two, one for the beer and one for the post mix, coke/pepsi whatever, leaked. Lights out buddy. Were it not for the fact the Draysmen arrived for the Monday morning delivery he’d have been dead. Very dead as they say in Thailand, somewhat superflously!

I take the Co2 so seriously. I mean I have an internal pipe running it from ground floor to upstairs plus more in the garage. My apologies for being flippant.

This thread got resurrected recently. Someone actually talking about using Co2 without a controller.

Great contender for the Darwin Awards.

Nick & Co Preaching Safe Use of Co2 for 25 Years
Heh. Love it. Thanks for making me feel guilty about smoking.

Thanks bro!

Need to measure but pretty sure 4.5cm so that’s an 1” 1/2 in old money?

The garage is on a gradient so thinking I can get done with just gravity. Possibly creating a right to left gradient artificially (there are three tents in a line) then using the garage gradient to carry it all out to the drain on the street.

Pipe and another manifold arrived earlier so the 12cm/5” drippers should be in tonight.

Plants looking well. Not watered at all yesterday. Bit more praying from them.

Oh and fresh tank of gas ready to fire up.

Get this thing on the grow!

Nick & Co

IMG_8180.jpeg
Look at that consistency!!! Wow!

Look at that consistency!!! Wow!
Thanks! 4 strains in there but all Indica leaning hybrids. They’re getting gas and collars tonight.

Just up potting 48 other plants first.

Its absolutely mental 😂

Nick & Co (two packs a day at best)

It was only 46 plants I’d not counted properly

IMG_8191.jpeg

IMG_8194.jpeg

Irrigation is in and the gas connected and turned to on.

My skin and eyes tell me light is a touch low. 😂 Actually though - I knew that more because I dialled it back to address what I read as over watering a couple of days ago.

It was this:

IMG_8196.jpeg

In a mo when its all zipped up I’m gonna bump it because the gas.

Feeling very happy with the setup. Just some HVAC to finish up tomorrow.

Couple of weeks of veg I reckon and we’ll flip.

I want to pipe the exhaust from this tent into the next tent along and then that tent into the third tent along then back here via the AC. None of the ventilation holes really line up though. Good job I have 4x 6” inline fans though!

Nick & Co 58 plants under lights 🤣

IMG_8186.jpeg
IMG_8192.jpeg

IMG_8193.jpeg

IMG_8191.jpeg

IMG_8194.jpeg

My skin and eyes tell me light is a touch low. 😂 Actually though - I knew that more because I dialled it back to address what I read as over watering a couple of days ago.

It was this:

IMG_8196.jpeg

I want to pipe the exhaust from this tent into the next tent along and then that tent into the third tent along then back here via the AC. None of the ventilation holes really line up though. Good job I have 4x 6” inline fans though!

IMG_8186.jpeg
IMG_8192.jpeg

That's alot of ladies! I hope your still filtering between tents? Your set up over all is sweet 👌 what manifold you using?? Looks way neater then my home made one 🤣 and the green will match my pots 😁
Not sure what they’re called. I don’t think its even a brand. I remember last year, early this year they were part of prize packages in the forum contests @Jon def won a couple. They have 12 outlets. The new one is so we can do all three tents - there will be 3 or 4 in that space by the weekend. Lot of ladies!

We have two upstairs in the main flower room as well.

They were expensive here early in the year when everyone was madly growing but that was only $10 delivered. Think I once paid over double that once.

You can put rings in them to control flow rate. That’s just set to max. In Coco we just push it in until run off. Its not hard enough to disturb the coco even on “Max”

There’s a coupla “BUT”s

You really gotta cut every pipe the same length. It really makes a difference to delivery. The nozzles - take the time to spread out evenly - they swing on a horizontal plane. Take the time to put them evenly at O’Clocks (There’s 12 right!)

The nozzles are 4mm. They fit the black rubber stuff from your big box store for normal irrigation. Netafim Netbows we use are 3mm and that seems to be weird so we use their pipe as well - that’s fine, 80 metres delivered today, its only $20 all that, its grey coloured, never clogs, we add a cleaning agent anyway. Dutch Pro “Keep It Clean” but we use a lighter to heat and expand the 3mm pipe to get it on the manifold. I say “We” but mean “The Lad”

Reminds me I was gonna tag @MicroGrowerMan on the irrigation.

IMG_8199.jpeg
IMG_8200.jpeg
IMG_8202.jpeg

That’s Mission Control. From a couple of tanks and a bunch of valves I can press that blue button and water anyone of the three tents (when I add the extra manifolds tomorrow) or the main flower room upstairs. There’s a Co2 tank closest for the the flower room upstairs in the house and Co2 tank at the back for these tents.

AC and HVAV is a whole other post.

Nick & Co (We designed and built this in less than a year - its mental 😂)

Here’s the manifolds we use. Screen shot from an Ebay seller of them.

IMG_8203.jpeg

Cheers yeah my Netbow tubes are still new in the bag 🤣 I tried warm water and thought nah and cut some 4mm to same lengths. I'll find it!

Oh and you said somewhere about automatic pH down? I just got some tds/pH readers from AliExpress and they just would not calibrate so they went back! Also a small lef grow light I could feel current coming through the heatsink 😬😬 that went back too 🤣 I'm going shopping now 🤣 gday mate ✌️

The problem with Nerbows and 4mm is they leak. We found it easier to increase the size of their pipe with a lighter - tighter fitting. Think that works well with any potential leak.

The pipe just feels better and less porous and prone to clogging too.

We just Ph now. I’m confident enough using the same mixes from “Muscle Memory” We don’t PPM measure, not for a year. Did once a few months back like 2800 ai think. Out nutes from Dutch Pro actually only give guidance on EC so its part that, also my Farmer Mate is only into EC so it was irrelevant asking about it. But honestly I only checked that like a couple of times in the last couple of months. Because we run Co2 the charts for the nutes specifically say “without out additional Co2” they don’t seem to have one for “with Co2”
Whereas @Mars Hydro DO have a light guide for using Co2 and its 8 Inches. We’ve had them grow through the bars.

Our EC last time I bothered to look in full flower 4.2. We weren’t even really pushing them. Pen probably read a little high. There’s some videos by Professor Bruce Bugabee where he suggests with Co2 the max usable is at 3.0 EC - but that was a few years ago and his lights weren’t as good as ours. Its like a pentangle of Temperature, Relative Humidity, Nutrients and Light - you add extra Co2 you got to add more of all of those to make it worthwhile. Or you’re just wasting (potentially dangerous) gas.

I’m only awake now to check the gas has switched off properly and check the graphs of its levels the last 5 hours. Its a new setup. Skin and eyes don’t help you with Co2

You want the best Ph pen, and it only does Ph and water temp, its from BlueLab. A Kiwi Company I think. I sorta want their EC Pen but probably a multi part res monitor is better value. They’re like $250USD though. Not $10 from Ali Express. They also go to only one decimal place. So 5.8 not 5.77. They basically say its a guessing game giving any more than one decimal so anyone reading don’t stress too much you’re not spot on! Also I don’t think BlueLab which is a real serious agricultural company not sure they even sell a PPM sensor. Maybe they do but yeah its not their game.

Yeah Ph and Co2 I need sensors. The rest I got…

Nick

Not sure what they’re called. I don’t think its even a brand. I remember last year, early this year they were part of prize packages in the forum contests @Jon def won a couple. They have 12 outlets. The new one is so we can do all three tents - there will be 3 or 4 in that space by the weekend. Lot of ladies!

We have two upstairs in the main flower room as well.

They were expensive here early in the year when everyone was madly growing but that was only $10 delivered. Think I once paid over double that once.

You can put rings in them to control flow rate. That’s just set to max. In Coco we just push it in until run off. Its not hard enough to disturb the coco even on “Max”

There’s a coupla “BUT”s

You really gotta cut every pipe the same length. It really makes a difference to delivery. The nozzles - take the time to spread out evenly - they swing on a horizontal plane. Take the time to put them evenly at O’Clocks (There’s 12 right!)

The nozzles are 4mm. They fit the black rubber stuff from your big box store for normal irrigation. Netafim Netbows we use are 3mm and that seems to be weird so we use their pipe as well - that’s fine, 80 metres delivered today, its only $20 all that, its grey coloured, never clogs, we add a cleaning agent anyway. Dutch Pro “Keep It Clean” but we use a lighter to heat and expand the 3mm pipe to get it on the manifold. I say “We” but mean “The Lad”

Reminds me I was gonna tag @MicroGrowerMan on the irrigation.

IMG_8199.jpeg
IMG_8200.jpeg
IMG_8202.jpeg

That’s Mission Control. From a couple of tanks and a bunch of valves I can press that blue button and water anyone of the three tents (when I add the extra manifolds tomorrow) or the main flower room upstairs. There’s a Co2 tank closest for the the flower room upstairs in the house and Co2 tank at the back for these tents.

AC and HVAV is a whole other post.

Nick & Co (We designed and built this in less than a year - its mental 😂)

Here’s the manifolds we use. Screen shot from an Ebay seller of them.

IMG_8203.jpeg
Incredible! Makes my head spin. Thank you for the tag, Nick.

MGM

IMG_8191.jpeg

IMG_8194.jpeg

It was this:

IMG_8196.jpeg

IMG_8186.jpeg
IMG_8192.jpeg
Respect bro, never seen rings in solos.. 😂😂😂.. bro getting serious up in here.

Back
Top Bottom