Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #3 5x5 - Dissertation Grow

IMG_8139.jpeg
IMG_8140.jpeg

They look alright, I hear a whisper they got fed a little by accident - please kid. Leave my plants alone.

This rumour involves & Co fury which amuses me. No one wants to be on the receiving end of that 😂 I have so far lived my life without getting a full dose of it - long may that continue!

They look alright.

The Netafim pipe and new Co2 tanks come tomorrow, yay! Then we have a decision to make.

So we’re basically “lazy quadline and defoliate” That’s what we do. Scrog would get in the way of the defol.

But this 5x5 has lots of doors and I have two 5x5 Scrog nets next to me. Way more room relative to our flower room (that’s way bigger but much higher plant density) so I’m mulling using them here.

We’ll see.

I got to design a water supply and drainage system for three tents and the washing machine & Co moved out the kitchen into the garage with the tents today.

“Look at the new chest freezer for your ice honey!” Yeah right, honey! What’s really going in there?!”

Any way - plants fine. Tread water here another day or so. Irrigation and gas tomorrow. The HVAC can wait as its just background perfect.

My caveman sensors tell me its like 75% Rh and 28c in there.

My @Mars Hydro sensors tell me a little different but meh. They do read high for me.

Nick & Co

image.jpg
Looking good ,it will be interesting to see how the light performs :popcorn:

The site super slow for me right now, I have two internet connections plus cell and none really working just for this site. Weird.

I have a lot of sensors. There’s a $500USD Pulsegrow Pro going in this tent. It will read slightly different to all the rest. Rh and Co2 there’s different methodology for sampling, different sensor types.

But I think you can start with some basics. Real cheap sensors and learn it with your cave man stuff.

That’s all - I ain’t claiming to be some super sensing person - plenty of people tell you I’m immune to any human sensitivity or empathy 😂

As Taylor Swift sings “look what you made me do”

Pulse Grow Pro moved and light reading taken. Toldya the Rh was 75% 😂

It’ll cool down a little in a mo, messing around cabling the sensor in meant the tent door was open 5-6 minutes so it was warmed a little. Light level a little low but will do until tomorrow.

Nick & Co

IMG_8145.jpeg
IMG_8144.jpeg
IMG_8146.jpeg

"Temperature is high X"

That seems a little judgemental. I mean, do they know where you live? And no concession made to their conclusion for location? Maybe you need to find another sensor a little more conciliatory. Maybe there's a setting for 'relative' temperatures. Maybe it's high on average for Europe, but the tropics??

Just sayin'.

That seems a little judgemental. I mean, do they know where you live?
Hahahahaha

I doff my hat.

“Judgemental”

🤣

Yeah you can set the settings. Would hope so for $560USD plus import tax.

I just let it run. It figured I was running 8am-8pm lights on all by its lonesome which for a tech bro impressed me. Then I stopped trusting it quite so much.

Cool kit. No home grower probably needs one but it reinforces my own training of 🥁🥁🥁🥁 skin and…

Also & Co was a bit low with the light sensor, pot level not canopy level. I’m a buyer at 420 being perfect PPFD right now.

IMG_8147.jpeg

IMG_8148.jpeg
IMG_8149.jpeg

Negative Ghostrider - the pattern is full…

Droopy still, 2 days after transplant, no proper irrigation yet, no AC, no Co2, some ugly plants, big veins, potential pythium, no drainage, EDIT labelling! That is gonna fall off!

Dunno, but the cup ain’t one of the them

😂

The main problem with this grow is the perspective is completely off with those "solo" cups. Other than that...
They are Solo Cups. Just 3.2L/110oz Giant Sized.

You want a pure grow? Just a normal grow? just a dozen standard sized 16oz green Solo Cups each with an OG Kush in, well there’s a Journal for that too!

Nick

Joking aside - the numbers plus 75% right now? I’m fine with.

The main driver here for me is airflow.

The inline fan is running at 8/10 just feels right, it now had the temp at this two minutes ago:

IMG_8157.jpeg

So yeah - I am not suggesting any grower starts out with no sensors. But learn with the cave man style. Because they fail and read different and when they do - you need your wits about you.

There is a seriousness to this point - though I appreciate it might seem I’m belabouring it.

Back
Top Bottom