Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #3 5x5 - Dissertation Grow

This why I'm not used to tent sized flip heights. Shouldn't give anyone motion sickness but maybe a touch of vertigo :laughtwo:

That's a tall room too definitely handy 👌👌 could get lost changing light hight at the back 😂😂 indoor crop circles by time your done 😂😂

That's a tall room too definitely handy 👌👌 could get lost changing light hight at the back 😂😂 indoor crop circles by time your done 😂😂
IMG_8675.jpeg

Stick a 5 Gallon pot on the seat in front of the manifold and its 45cm. From there to the electrical socket up high on the wall is 180cm - I know this because I had a Mim x OP that high last month! Now I have 4 of them in a 200cm high tent 🤦🏻‍♂️

IMG_8675.jpeg

Stick a 5 Gallon pot on the seat in front of the manifold and its 45cm. From there to the electrical socket up high on the wall is 180cm - I know this because I had a Mim x OP that high last month! Now I have 4 of them in a 200cm high tent 🤦🏻‍♂️
Not only that but the only way she car grow is up! 🤣🤣 Good luck! You know it's worth it though 👌
Keep thinking to run less plants and train more but it will never happen! 🤣

1702461977958.png

Apart from the Runtz x Layer Cake they are all already at their indicated heights. But its BS - I had a 180cm Mimosa x OP in days in a 5 Gallon. I picked them for their stocky heights. I had two MxOP to 110cm in 16oz solo cups so relying on the smaller pot size to save me is out.

The light is tight in on the canopy, 8" only at 80%, I'm going to pop the 3000k up a touch and reduce the 5000k a little. See if that holds them.

I'm not actually too worried. They have 70cm (28") canopy to tent roof - less 10cm max if I cable tie the light to the roof and 20cm for light to canopy.

Canopy to Roof 70cm
Less 20cm (space between canopy and light 8")
Less 10cm (space between light and tent roof)
Available

40cm - 16"

Loads of space!

Nick

Stage #1 Pop’em 27th October
Stage #2 Peat to sprout 29th October
Stage #3 Seedling Swicks 2nd November
Stage #4 Veg Pots 14th November
Stage #5 Top 2nd December
Stage #6 Defoliation #1 5th December
Stage #7 Flip 6th December
Stage #8 Flush #1 13th December

Day #47

IMG_8696.jpeg
IMG_8697.jpeg
IMG_8698.jpeg

IMG_8695.jpeg

So yeah, flushing. We only flushed our last main grow once, we used to be near every Sunday. Its great - “Lazy Sunday Farmers Mix” Only 3 ingredients, like all the best stuff. We went really high EC, didn't flush and got a relatively tiny yield. Go figure.

Joey Knish : Yeah I did, and you don't listen, I tell you to play within your means, you risk your whole bank roll, I tell you not to over extend yourself, to rebuild, so you don't have to hock for more, I was giving you a living, showing you the playbook I put together off my beats and that wasn't enough for you

Mike McDermott : This is the one time I don't need you to tell me how I fucked up, I know I fucked up, what I need from you is money, I need whatever money you can give me

Yeah didn’t need the whole exchange but I know that whole movie by heart - but yeah I fucked up - flush in coco. Today was handy as the veg girls tank also out so I knocked up 60 litres of flush feed.

3 Ingredients.

Water 60L
Cal-Mag 4-0-0 2ml/litre
Seaweed Amino 75ml/60 litres

I put 30+L @ Ph 5.6 through them. For all the little things. Lots of run off. The total pot size in there is 36L

The rest went to the other grows. All of it and fresh batches mixed tomorrow.

It clears any salt build up. Gives them something fresh with all that seaweed and amino stuff, a minor stress too. “What’s this new shit?” Shit that is telling you get your flower on, buddy. Tomorrow gonna shave their legs, et le week-end j'appelle fleur, innit, geeze?

Nick & Co

Oh, you were referring to this solo cup grow! Okay, I get it. Sure, 12 Solos is way doable. I thought you meant in 5s or something.
This is the giant 0.75 gallon solo grow. Not the standard 16oz 12x OG Kush grow. I think its enough pot to get 8oz a plant out of if its absolutely perfect.

So yeah, they really did like their rations yesterday. They’ve been getting 7 minutes off the small tank for a week. This equates to 10L so just shy of a litre average to run off into a 3L pot.

My video a couple of days ago you saw the last plant just start to drip about 10 seconds after Alexa announced 7 minutes.

Today they took 8 minutes which equates to about 12 litres or average 1L. Interesting given their massive feed yesterday. Today Rh and Temp were a bit wild for an hour, I have to adjust the Fan/Ac at least 15 minutes before lights on. And then the dehuey at lights on or it goes wild at about 10-11am i can do the same thing after lights on and it goes mental. I need to take it to extreme dry for an hour and then set to what I want.

Why?

It gets direct sunlight on the outside of the tent from 9:30 - 10:30 and it whacks my spinning plate out of kilter if its not spot on already.

Love that stuff. Its cool. Wake up and get it done every day. Similarly if I change over to night time settings too early it goes mental and I have to go to an extreme to set on a steady path. Been a week of it so far - when it was lights out at 2am I didn’t care so much. But that was veg. Different game now. New angles.

Nick & Co

IMG_8737.jpeg
IMG_8738.jpeg
IMG_8740.jpeg
IMG_8725.jpeg

Yeah, but the skin and eyes test seems to disagree with the fancy equipment in making that judgment.
Actually the eyes are ok with it. Skin is nit quite in at the moment - there’s so much airflow the evaporation effect is screwing with my Skin sensor a bit. Feels cooler than it is.

Although they jumped a little by praying the 3000k is now on 100% and the 5000k on 70% I bumped them up earlier today.

This is a reading from the middle today 6” from the light.

IMG_8742.jpeg

1100 is decent. Think we’ll want to top out at 1400 max BUT all over which implies to me a decent 10” distance from light to canopy. Leaf temps are 3 degrees negative same as yesterday.

Need to razor their legs soon. To like ultra sheer - 10 denier but not too high yet. Can’t get it back once its cut.

Nick

There's a screw on the underside for calibration. ✔️
IMG_8765.jpeg

Loved that book as a 4 year old. L getting it for Christmas. The latest edition has an app for that rather than the slightly uncomfortable under arm dials

IMG_8801.jpeg

I mean that’s a solid 6” plus, right?

(If you are 13 years old and living in England)

They were 8” 3 days ago, then I dropped the pallet so that would have been 1.5”

Now be generous its 3”

So 6.5” - 16.5cm since 5pm Tuesday less than 72 hours. 2” a day. 5.5cm a day.

Bastards.

Oh leaf temp ticked up a bit. But not sure many people happy running their lights that close to achieve it

I just focus on Temp, Rh and airflow. Oh and turned up the 5000k white to 80%. Don’t need them chasing light now.

Nick

IMG_8805.jpeg
IMG_8806.jpeg

IMG_8807.png

Back
Top Bottom