Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #3 5x5 - Dissertation Grow

IMG_8492.jpeg
IMG_8491.jpeg

Still want a couple of degrees off that temp. Because its drier it feels really quite cool in there on my arms compared to outside of the tent, though. Light looks right. Light tests right. About 1000 PPFD until we see evidence of flower beginning. Aiming for 13-1400 in full flower, plus cranking the UV late in the grow too.

Nick & Co

IMG_8492.jpeg
IMG_8491.jpeg

Still want a couple of degrees off that temp. Because its drier it feels really quite cool in there on my arms compared to outside of the tent, though. Light looks right. Light tests right. About 1000 PPFD until we see evidence of flower beginning. Aiming for 13-1400 in full flower, plus cranking the UV late in the grow too.

Nick & Co
Your over my max ppfd already 😂 I'll chill at 800 tops then maybe a bit more for the last couple of weeks!
1400ppfd is just greedy 😂 :morenutes:

Your over my max ppfd already 😂 I'll chill at 800 tops then maybe a bit more for the last couple of weeks!
1400ppfd is just greedy 😂 :morenutes:
Yeah but I got…

IMG_8498.jpeg

Gas that is - not the idiot that talks a lot of hot air.

IMG_8501.png

Loving having a working Dehumidifier in there. This feels like the most control I’ve ever had over the environment. Even better than the flower room - though that should be as good as this next grow.

Weird Rh fluctuation's still. Drives the VPD to fluctuate in that regular wave pattern. Still not figured it. That’s a one hour graph so a full cycle is about 6 minutes. 3 minutes to go from high to low.

The dehumidifier is great at night, I increase it to 40% which pushes out warm dry air via the AC which is also set to dry.

IMG_8502.jpeg

So warm and dry air moving around at night should keep them in fine fettle. I had an IR extender delivered yesterday. Going to hook up a Sensibo maybe. I water at 6pm ish with lights out at 8pm. I could just adjust the Dehuey and AC manually when I do that I guess. I could get fancy with the dehuey and use an Inkbird controller I have lying around unopened but tbh pressing two buttons twice a day isn’t that onerous. It seems really nicely dialled in now.

Nick

IMG_8501.png

Loving having a working Dehumidifier in there. This feels like the most control I’ve ever had over the environment. Even better than the flower room - though that should be as good as this next grow.

Weird Rh fluctuation's still. Drives the VPD to fluctuate in that regular wave pattern. Still not figured it. That’s a one hour graph so a full cycle is about 6 minutes. 3 minutes to go from high to low.

The dehumidifier is great at night, I increase it to 40% which pushes out warm dry air via the AC which is also set to dry.

IMG_8502.jpeg

So warm and dry air moving around at night should keep them in fine fettle. I had an IR extender delivered yesterday. Going to hook up a Sensibo maybe. I water at 6pm ish with lights out at 8pm. I could just adjust the Dehuey and AC manually when I do that I guess. I could get fancy with the dehuey and use an Inkbird controller I have lying around unopened but tbh pressing two buttons twice a day isn’t that onerous. It seems really nicely dialled in now.

Nick
Is this the room hooked up to the split system air-conditioning

Yeah its running constantly, the dehumidifier is running constantly. I’ve stood and listened to a full cycle, checked the “vane” directional swing blades are static. It happened with no dehumidifier, small dehumidifier and now large one.

Three minute high to low regular wave pattern. Its not the sensor twisting, ruled that out. Co2 maybe - that is probably on about a 6 minute cycle? Drier or wetter? But it happens overnight as well when the gas is off.

Strange.

Yeah its running constantly, the dehumidifier is running constantly. I’ve stood and listened to a full cycle, checked the “vane” directional swing blades are static. It happened with no dehumidifier, small dehumidifier and now large one.

Three minute high to low regular wave pattern. Its not the sensor twisting, ruled that out. Co2 maybe - that is probably on about a 6 minute cycle? Drier or wetter? But it happens overnight as well when the gas is off.

Strange.
The split systems remove moisture it might be that cycling the room .
Turn it off for 20min and see if it stops

the tent will hit 35c and 80% Rh in 5 minutes.

Its fine, 57% - 63% - 57% RH every 6 minutes. Temp is adjusting a little on the same wave, the VPD goes 1.35-1.55 on the same pattern. I’m after 1.4-1.5 so that’s all gravy.

Just bugging me! Maybe some flow issue in the AC? It was serviced about a month ago. We have the guys coming to do the flower room one tomorrow. Maybe ask them.

the tent will hit 35c and 80% Rh in 5 minutes.

Its fine, 57% - 63% - 57% RH every 6 minutes. Temp is adjusting a little on the same wave, the VPD goes 1.35-1.55 on the same pattern. I’m after 1.4-1.5 so that’s all gravy.

Just bugging me! Maybe some flow issue in the AC? It was serviced about a month ago. We have the guys coming to do the flower room one tomorrow. Maybe ask them.
Does the humidifier cycle might just be that

Does the humidifier cycle might just be that
It was happening before any Dehuey went in there. Maybe an air block in the refrigerant? I’ll have the guys check tomorrow. I mean its probably quite like outdoors. A gust of wind and the immediate humidity will fluctuate.

IMG_8514.jpeg
IMG_8515.jpeg

Looks priddy…

I swear I’ll be calling flower by Sunday, that’ll be 5 days. I see signs already, I mean that’s grwat because this grow is pretty much done at this stage.

😅

Being serious and not an arrogant fool for a moment. The next three weeks should be awesome. Stretch and budding up. The hard yards getting the environment right for the main stages of growth are done - if I want to reduce the humidity further as they chunk up I can. I got bags of extra potential to lower both Rh and Temp. Got to just be vigilant for hardware failures and pests. And feed them. Maybe a cheeky flush at the weekend. Not had one yet.

They all look happy, little ‘un trying to catch up.

Nick & Co

That’s one hour. 10 highs and ten lows, they almost exactly match up beginning and end. Interesting little teaser problem.
I think I’ve if not solved it I’ve mitigated it somewhat. I had a read around the internetz and found its if not common (and not everyone has minute by minute historical data to work off) every two minutes bad every 6 minutes better.

Its to do with the air pressure in the room and the dehumidifier not reacting smoothly enough something like that. Along with the AC being slower to process than the air through than the inline and Dehuey.

So I reduced the line speed from 3 to 1/10 and it seems to have smoothed the Rh wave out quite a bit.

See what happens through the day

I’ll check the graph again when its stabilised a bit more.

Nick

Back
Top Bottom