Newbie DWC GSC Auto Grow: Please Help Me Get It Right

Hey Sid sorry mate I’ve not been getting any notifications lately. You should be at an EC of around 1 now. Hopefully now you’ve given a res change you will see an improvement over the next 24 hours.

Hey @N420 and @Lewydeville ! Thanks!

No stress N420. Thanks all the same! I suppose its all ok at this early stage.

@Lewydeville OK. So my EC is at 0.8, is this close enough ? Or should I up it to 1 ?

Additionally, I got in touch with Advanced nutrients, and they sent this in for Jungle Juice (Jungle Juice is not on their website, and I wanted to confirm the feeding schedule was correct as per the online calc)

So if you ppl would be so kind to spend a minute reading it :

· Cuttings and seedlings 1 teaspoon Grow, Micro Bloom gallon of water (im giving bout 1/3rd of this)
· Mild Vegetative stage 3 teaspoons Grow, Micro, Bloom per gallon of water
· Aggressive Vegetative stage 3 teaspoons Grow.2 teaspoons Micro,1 teaspoon Bloom per 1 gallon of water
· Transition to Flowering stage 2 teaspoons Grow.2 teaspoons Micro,2 teaspoons Bloom per 1 gallon of water
· Flowering and Finishing 1 teaspoon Grow, 2 teaspoons Micro, 3 teaspoons Bloom per 1 gallon of water

Day 17 :

1.jpg

Thanks as always!

Cool so I treat is a seedling or mild vegetative state ?
Yes you are in early veg. Once you get the nutes dialled in you should see a rapid improvement.

Ok. So before I read your reply, im a tad poor like that..

I added another 2ml of each of the 3-part to the existing res, bringing the EC to 1.28 and pH to 5.7, a little short of the recommended seedling stage.
This res was mixed fresh day before. And now has a total of 4ml of each 3-part.

Whats really throwing me off, all these months ive read the importance of keeping the EC under control, usually bout .5 for younglings, yet here Im having to mix these to a much much higher EC. What gives ?

Thanks as always!
Will revert tomorrow with an update!

Hey all!

The additional nutes added yesterday seem to not have adversely affected the plant. It looks the same.

1.jpg

So im now mixing a fresh batch of nutes, more in line with the manufactures young veg dosage suggestion.
I have mixed 10ml each of the 3 part into 4.5L of water, along with 2ml of CalMag. Hope to change the res in another hour or so if the pH readings are stable. EC is at bout 2.2

Cheers!

Hey all!

The additional nutes added yesterday seem to not have adversely affected the plant. It looks the same.

1.jpg

So im now mixing a fresh batch of nutes, more in line with the manufactures young veg dosage suggestion.
I have mixed 10ml each of the 3 part into 4.5L of water, along with 2ml of CalMag. Hope to change the res in another hour or so if the pH readings are stable. EC is at bout 2.2

Cheers!
It doesn’t look like it’s gotten any worse which is a good thing and you want to be looking at the new growth for improvement. That seems a very high EC for this stage so keep an eye that you don’t go the other way and start over feeding.

Yup, real high. Let us see. Im keeping an eye on it, and nothing detrimental over the past 3hrs since change.
Problem is there is hardly any new growth, a new pair of leaves emerging from the middle are tiny and cannot see much, so will have to rely on the 2 sets of old leaves.

As a backup I have half a buckets worth of water sitting pH'd in case i need to make an emergency res change!
Good thinking. If it’s showing signs the nute solution is too strong just dilute the reservoir to the required EC.

Super thread you got going Deville! Just to confirm, the babies you got are bout 14days from germination ? So mine at 18 arnt too far off is it ? And size wise mine seems to be doing ok ?
Thank you Sid. I think you are right it is about 4 days and not a big difference. Size wise your plant is fine just need to see that healthy colour come through.

Ok. on closer inspection, seems like the absolute 1st leaves are on the way out. I dont know if this is normal, but unless advised otherwise, im ready to dilute the EC to 1/2 at the slightest doubt Im having with the proper leaves...
One is showin some burn, and the other is withering.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Hey all!
So she seems to have put on some size over the past 36 hours. But whats real interesting is that the roots suddenly have a lot of side branching growth.

Day 22
EC @ 1.1
pH @ 5.9

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Advise ?
Thanks a ton a always!

Back
Top Bottom