Newbie DWC GSC Auto Grow: Please Help Me Get It Right

Hello!
Day 4 today.
Water pH has risen to 7.2, so im changing it again, using filtered water with a EC of 0.15 and a pH of 5.9

Roots are coming out from all over. Looks ok ?

1.jpg 2.jpg

Thanks!

Looking good. If you want to get your main dwc bucket ready so it can bubble for 24 hours then I’d say go ahead now. When mixing add quarter strength nutes and calmag. You can always add more but you don’t want to burn the seedling at this stage.

Sweet! Thanks
So i have many questions.
  1. For my water source, I have tap water, which I would prefer using, background EC bout 0.244 and a pH of 7.4
    I can also use packaged drinking water with a background EC of 0.138 and a pH of 6.5. Please advise.
    Reservoir will hold between 5.5 and 4.5L of water. I will start with 5.5L, and reduce as the roots grow.
  2. I will use Advanced Nutrients Jungle Juice. Recommended dose is 5ml each of Nute/Grow/Bloom for 5liters for 1st week.
  3. I will use a total of 1ml each of the 3 part for a start. Ok ?
  4. I will also add bactorr-s13 beneficial bacteria, a pinch. Or what would be your recommended method to avoid root rot ?
  5. images of my CalMag attached. How much do I add to 5.5L of water, either in EC or ml.
  6. Order of mixing nutes ? CalMag->3-part->bactorr S13->pH Down is ok ?

Thanks again!

CALI_360x.jpg

Let’s start with the tap water first and see how we go. I use tap water with similar ph and EC readings. I’ve not used Advanced Nutrients myself but there are lots of members on the site who do, @N420 might have some input as I know he has used it before. My recommendation would be to keep things light at the moment, if you have a feeding chart start at quarter strength as i said before you can always add more later. The calmag you are using is higher in nitrogen than mine so I’d add just 3-4 ml to your 5 litre reservoir. Again I’ve not used the bactorr-s13 so you may want to scout the internet for some inclusion levels, I’ll be having a look myself as it seems an interesting product at a great price. A small pinch should be enough until we get some more info. Target EC should be around 0.8/1.0 at a ph of 5.8. I normally mix a fresh res and ph to 5.7 then 24 hours later reset ph back to 5.7.

Hello!

So I have 5.5L of tap water mixed from today afternoon with 1ml each of CalMag, Junglejuice micro-grow-bloom + bactorr13.
Just read your reply, so... :)

After 3.5hrs, readjusted pH back down to 5.8, and the EC is reading 0.5
Too low ?

Also, is ok to leave the seedling for the next 18odd hours without the airstone ? Only the lower main tap root is submerged in the water. Im using the airstone in the new mix solution, but I can add a T and split it to the seedling container also. Im also very lazy.

Cheers!
And again, thanks a ton!

The bactorr 13 was a find while I was looking for solutions and alternatives for root-rot and hydrogaurd.
My wife was visiting the UK, and I was finding it hard to get her to get hydrogaurd, but a forum post somewhere and further reading lead me to this product. The owners answer all queries in person, are extremely forthcoming and honest.

I would suggest you email them. Another very interesting product which I have with me, but not used is the Mycorr hydro beneficial fungi.

Cheers!

Hello!

So I have 5.5L of tap water mixed from today afternoon with 1ml each of CalMag, Junglejuice micro-grow-bloom + bactorr13.
Just read your reply, so... :)

After 3.5hrs, readjusted pH back down to 5.8, and the EC is reading 0.5
Too low ?

Also, is ok to leave the seedling for the next 18odd hours without the airstone ? Only the lower main tap root is submerged in the water. Im using the airstone in the new mix solution, but I can add a T and split it to the seedling container also. Im also very lazy.

Cheers!
And again, thanks a ton!
That sounds perfect at an EC of 0.5 for now. You should be fine for 18 hours without air stone but get one in there as soon as possible.

Just wondering about the big pH swings with RO water
Seems strange

Ah apologies! I misunderstood, thought you were talking bout the netpots. Yes, i started them in a 500ml container, and am fairly sure the ph swings are cause of that. Anyhows, tomorrow it gets moved to a the bucket.
Hey thanks for stopping by, please hang around all. All the help and criticism appreciated! I see @N420 been around too! Makes me happy!

Hey sid it looks like your off to a good start! @Lewydeville will be a big help he got me going on my current Dwc run.

Tap water will be fine to use I use it and things have gone well. As far as Advanced Nutrients I use the 2 part Sensi line and been quite happy with it. I start with 1ml per liter for the first week then work my way up from there. They have an app called bud labs check it out it will give you week to week feed schedules for all their line up of nutes and I've found it's pretty close to what the plant needs. These plants can be calmag hungry if your growing under LEDs. If your plant is showing purple leaf stems and light green growth that's a sign it needs more calmag. Also look for brown rust looking spots thats another sign to add more calmag. Like Lew said there is no issue adding more nutes to the buckets if a deficiency shows up.
:goodluck: with your grow sid any questions just ask.

Nice white roots sid won't be long now and the top of the plant will really take off. You could lower your light just do it slowly drop it down an inch or 2 and watch the plant. If it starts to droop the light is to close. Most lights recommend being 18 - 24 inches away but check with your light to see what they recommend.

Thanks N420!

I dont have a branded grow light, rather a home make contraption. Household 3000k LED bulbs without diffucers for a total of 120watts. I figured cannot be any worse than a Blurple UFO light, and if I get a crop, I can then justify a QB without much fuss!
Image in first post of this thread.

In my previous attempts, I have not seen any undue strech, and mostly the plants grow quite bushy. So should be ok.
Im travelling outstation for work today, but will return home tomorrow and update!
Was looking same today morning.

Hey all!
Day 8.

EC @ 0.53
pH @ 5.9

Do I need to be very mildly concerned ? There seems to be small lightning of colour at the base of the embryonic leaves i think, and while they have grown, the first set of of true leaves not so much. The roots continue to grow.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Thank you all!

Back
Top Bottom