Newbie DWC GSC Auto Grow: Please Help Me Get It Right

Your too Nothern!

So my environment is pretty under control, so far. Water temps are between 16-20c. RH 50 and temps are between 14-22.
Im not seeing any spots, more like some serious deficiency. I dunno, the pics say it all i guess.

Im going to after this hazard a guess and think its something with the nutes im adding. Maybe the Bactorr 13 messed it up ? May the AN nutes I have are bad ? Let us see, still hopeful. Good thing im persistent, problem is my wife has now started noticing me spending a bit of money and not really finishing anything.. :)

Lol ! You will dial it in .. it will grow wildly and pretty hardy soon enough.
Everything sounds perfect except your maybe your soup ? Light isn’t too close ?
I run RO water with GH trio maybe a splash of whatever else I have collected over the years PRN if I think they need a little extra .
Sorry I’m unfamiliar with your nutes .

Hey all!

So day 32 I think. Very slow I think ?

EC @ 1.46 || pH @ 5.8

Im still getting discolord leaves. Maybe time to just buy a new set of nutes. Im getting AN pH perfect base nutes at a reasonable cost. It seems not many are familiar with the old jungle juice line, figure something up with that ?

1.jpg

Thanks as always!

Hey man following along. Newbie as well. What was your reasoning from doing DWC?? I feel like it's alot keeping water at the rights temps/EC/pH. I get the grow it sell its much faster and probably better due to massive root system. I picked up a 2 bucket set but have chosen some Living Soil from Stepwell soil. 1 top dress a week, just water with filtered tap water or better. Maybe brew a few teas during flower no need to flush and no mixing any nutrients.

What was breeders estimate on finishing time?

Hey!
Thanks!

So my reason for going DWC is primarily cause I could not get anything to grow or even sporut in the soil I have available. You can read some of that in the first post here. The whole soil situation seems rather odd so I want to revisit soil soon. Im gonna start with some landrace sativas, looking for a space to grow this one. Soil should be easy. I need to find a new source.

Ideally I would have liked to grow a couple of crops in soil, and then move to DWC if I desired more...
But I quite enjoy the involvement of DWC, so i dont mind! :) However, winter is on its way out, and im not going to manage res temps. So my entire season may be pretty wasted, unless I spend some more moolah on a chiller, and thats where the wife comes in!

its been quite frustrating actually. I understand what Im doing. It really should not be that hard. hehe. Mostly I dont know why Im having issues, and that's a tough one to overcome. So now its just trying out various permutations combinations.

For a start im gonna replace my nutes and my pH down with AN pH perfect. If that doesnt work im going to switch over to RO water. If that doesnt work (and temps rise), im gonna try Coco. So im in it for a bit yet. And I figure I can try these alternatives without breaking the bank.

The breeder says indoor flowering 8-9 weeks. I dunno what that means. 8 weeks from when it starts to flower (which seems ok), or 8 weeks from seed, thats not happening.

Cheers mate!
Hang around. Its still a lotta fun.

Just found this on the interwebs. id like to post link credit but I dont think linking to other forums is allowed ? Maybe try thi then.. Currently im equal measure for all 3

AN's 3 part should be used as follows... Micro, Grow and 1/4 strength bloom. for veg stage. Example 2mls. per litre micro, grow to .50mls per litre of bloom. Flower is basically the opposite, example: 2mls. micro, bloom to .50mls. grow. This cycle has been developed by 12 different growers that I service their gardens.

15 inches between your light and plant is tight ..." homemade contraption " you say thou so it's really hard to tell without a Lux reading .. ?

You mention above that you are switching to ANnutes ..I have a box of these sitting around to be tried . I've seen really good results with that line , I think you will be happy !

I also think I caught that you are using tap water ? That could be your fatal flaw and why you couldn't get anything in soil to take off ? I also use tap water for top ups and feeds between bucket changes,but, I fill a large jug with it days and days in advance to let the chlorine dissipate . All new buckets are RO water thou.

Lastly, you mention A Chiller ? I have never had a problem with bucket temps as long as the bucket is sitting on a ground level floor ,not raised, not carpet, not second story floor, but ground or basement level . Mother Earth has been regulating my buckets pretty perfectly and I've never had an issue until I raised my bucket off the floor instead of my lights ..

I 100 agree that e Dwc variables are fun thou and I really enjoy the challenge and ultimate reward !
Good luck :)

Yup, guessing lights without a lux meter. But any higher and I tend to see stretch. I have previously half grown landrace strains under these lights and I'm almost certain lights not an issue. These past half grows in question were males, threw em away. I'll raise them another 6" if I can find the space and see what happens.

I am already using AN nutes, but the old jungle juice range. I have on order now the pH perfect 3 part. Maybe the local pH down I have could cause issues? So my attempt now is to remove as many variables as possible.

My tap water has a bg EC of 0.23 or so and a pH between 7.2-7.6. I'm surprised, although suspected, tap water can be an issue bad enough to totally stall growth or not allow germination ? With the soil I had been feeding tap water straight. To note that if I try to germinate in Coco discs, using the same water, I have no issues, however, as soon as the seedling is put in soil, its done...
With the DWC I have the juice bubbling at least overnight before I change out the res. For this DWC overnight bubbling should be fine ?

My part of the world, summers are gonna be in their mid 40's with indoor ambient often being in the mind 30's. So yeah. If I want to grow DWC in summers everything reads I need a chiller.

Thank you so much!
Hang around please!

I think it would be a good idea to grow a photoperiod instead of an auto next time. This will give you time to dial in your grow space and nutes without losing precious time the auto needs to reach it’s potential.

@ Chris
Chemical nutes, does it matter how old they are. I did google before purchase, and read that nutes cannot go bad ?
Wrong ? Still, should have the current pH perfect base nutes delivered early next week.
With the bucket, I can get something with the same height but twice the capacity, however, my impression was that if my pH and EC are keeping stable, we are ok. Wrong? The bucket is actually 10L, but realistically holds 5L till an inch below the netpots.

@Lewy, yup. I have 3 x white widow fem, which I was saving for a later date, at least till I'm more confident with my stuff. Ill atleast grow out a couple of landrace bag seeds before (bag seeds are seeds off a bag of cheap cannabis buds correct? hehe)

Thanks folks! Really appreciate you all taking the time.

I have , had , nutes that totally changed color, so I know they can go bad

Get GH Flora Trio, inexpensive and very good
Hydroguard or z7, z9 in other countries
Calmag
Then a PK booster for flowering like liquid Koolbloom

All ya need

Oh and 3.5g or 5g buckets

What Chris and Lewy said ..

.I have never been able to germ a seed with anything but distilled water ..go figure ?

Where did you get your seeds ? I have tried 3 different sources now and 2 have been bitch strains ..only beans I have found that will grow in a bucket of piss were from CKS. Limited selection, but good genetics for beginners are so important .
Anyways I'm super visual so be sure to take pics of your space, and equipment etc. Maybe we can spot something obvious ..

@Chris Scorpio
My part of world no mainstream nutes. :(, AN is available at a premium, hence the pH perfect base nutes.
Same story with hydrogaurd or any other mainstream brand. I do get some local alternatives though, so for CalMag I have this, it also has a high level of N :

CalMag.jpg CalMag 2.jpg

I got Bactorr13 for beneficial bacteria, but removed it from the bucket, getting variables out, as suggested. I would have to rely on a friend or someone to carry a bottle of hydrogaurd from abroad. Is usually doable, but takes time. I'll look at me PK alternatives.
Done on the bucket, will replace with something larger. Does the depth of the bucket matter ?

@Northern Hydro
Pick of my setup below. 6 x 20W 3000K LED bulbs with the diffusers removed. 2 x 10W sidebars. Efficiency on the bulbs is 0.9

cab.jpg

The plant here is the one running in the other thread, had its fair bit of issues, and the leaves were just dropping off till I started using a local hydro nute brand bout a week and a half ago, and its looking promising. All the newer growth is much healthier, im thinking bout swapping our grow with the local nutes till the AN pH perfect comes in. But I digress.

So I have an input fan lower left, and 2 x extraction fans top left, behind a makeshift carbon filter.
The Cabinet usable size is 22x44x44 inches.

I get my seeds from Seedsman. The GSC in this thread is from Blimburn seeds.

Cheers!

Yep that looks like a shit ton of light, decent nutes . Everything seems perfect except for the actual plant.. if the new growth is coming in fine than I would
Just wait her out .
I use the same size buckets.
Your air pump pumping warmed recycled air into your soup. the first thing I would do would definitely get that out of the cabinet .

Yep that looks like a shit ton of light, decent nutes . Everything seems perfect except for the actual plant.. if the new growth is coming in fine than I would
Just wait her out .
I use the same size buckets.
Your air pump pumping warmed recycled air into your soup. the first thing I would do would definitely get that out of the cabinet .

A little clarity please. The plant in the pic above is not the plant in thread. I hope that was clear, should've taken a new pic, I'm a lazy bum!

The plant in this thread, below. Is still same. So you suggest I lessen the lights intensity?

Thanks a ton!

Attachments

• IMG_20200213_112816.jpg
    IMG_20200213_112816.jpg
    713.2 KB · Views: 29
A little clarity please. The plant in the pic above is not the plant in thread. I hope that was clear, should've taken a new pic, I'm a lazy bum!

The plant in this thread, below. Is still same. So you suggest I lessen the lights intensity?

Thanks a ton!

How old ? Tall?

Thanks much northern!

33 days from sprout and bout 4.5in tall. 5th node coming up I think. On a 20/4 lights cycle.

Be so kind and read few posts from here on. I started nutes on day 5 I think with an EC of .5 including bg, and have had discolouration since.

I've tried to follow everything from 3/4 manufacturers dose (EC 2.5) to now. The plant is growing slowly, but you see the color. I was initially adding calmag + Bactorr13. Now it's in plain nutes.

The calmag, Bactorr13 and I think the micro nutes all seem to stain the roots. Bactorr13 manucturer says to expect. But the root zone smells fine.

Pics from now. I trimmed out the first set of leaves, and the first set of 3 fingered fan leaves as they were killed off when I raised the EC to close to manufacturers stated levels, which are here.

So, you recommend?

Attachments

• IMG_20200214_045843.jpg
    IMG_20200214_045843.jpg
    492.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20200214_045822.jpg
    IMG_20200214_045822.jpg
    688.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20200214_045757.jpg
    IMG_20200214_045757.jpg
    484.4 KB · Views: 28
It's my Friday and I'm staying high as fu*k until Monday ..?so let me just say your plant should be taller, that indicates too Much light to me

Your air pump is in your cabinet ..GET IT OUT ..you need to put clean air thru your stones, not recycled warm air

One week from your last bucket change ...change your bucket ..feed for 3 week seedling according to the nute line you are using ..including Cali mag , raise your light, now

Watch for another week

You have the bible right ? Pic attached
You say you can't get good nutes ...I buy pretty much everything via Amazon . ?
I'll post the trio feed guidelines and maybe you can apply / compare to suit what you have on hand

Sorry if I'm not spoon feeding you but you got this ! She is resilient..trust me ;)
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom