Newbie DWC GSC Auto Grow: Please Help Me Get It Right

Best thing would be to see what the beans recommendation is ? I'm just finishing a kush right now with a 60-70 day window so it's all about my personal preference ( cloudy vs. Amber tric ratio) Dunno what NL bean you are growing from where ?
An auto should be done , or very close to being done after 5 months of light .. To be sure

I'm in bro. it seems like you came far with DWC really quick in this journal. I'll have to comb through it :blunt:

Hey, I just caught up. shout out to @N420 and @Lewydeville for helping out early on. I also use Advanced Nutrients. You've definitely got the nutes sorted out. I'm not sure what AN told you in the emails you guys exchanged but have you tried the nutrient calculator on their website instead of just reading the back of the bottles? you can input what product you're using and what res size you're using. I'm using their micro grow bloom ph perfect line for my soil grows. I just print the table out for each grow and hang it in the room.
I'm looking forward to some tasdee up-close shots. :yummy: Grow on Blaze on Sid :blunt:
Edit: I can't find jungle juice on their calculator but they do have sensi on there.
Edit edit: I just looked up jungle juice and it looks so similar to micro grow bloom ph perfect. Now I just confused myself :hmmmm:
1588602209077.png
1588602236392.png

Heya Redz! Welcome onboard and super thanks mate! Be warned I do not have a proper light! :Namaste:

So what I think happened was, I got Jungle juice, and followed the pH perfect feed schedule, and the plants just did not like it... when you find the time and motivation read back. :) Jungle juice is an older product it seems, its still being sold, but not on the AN main website
Surprisingly though, the initial seedling ratios suggested by AN through email were what I was dosing... so dunno. Im having major issues with my soils also, so something is definitely up, and one day i hope to have enough stash to do a couple of test runs! I had to leave a more rigid forum before I found you lovely gents cause of my issues! Ha! good for me.

Anyhows... good news is that the wifey is now a lot amiable to a proper light purchase. The NL seems to have borne some fruit! If only us humanity hadnt fucked it self over, Id have a package in the post from China.

@RedZedHead pH perfect nutes for soil ? That sounds super cool! Ill crash your grows then! Im currently trying to source raw material and get a better understanding of water soluble nute solutions. My part of the word I dont have access to any of the standard nutes, and whatever little is imported or such is super marked up. And I enjoy a good DIY job.

Dunno what NL bean you are growing from where ?
An auto should be done , or very close to being done after 5 months of light .. To be sure

It a seedsman auto.
I ran the same issues I did with this GSC only for much much longer, so even though the breeder says 50-60 days from germination thats out of the window. The White widow Auto, it is 7 months old. Please peek in and have a look, last page is enough.

Oh no...that time frame is bloom time, AFTER flip....so you're looking at 2 months post flip ( aka 12 hrs darkness) as it's an auto she would have been showing pistoIs pretty early ...I'm going to Guess she is ready ...., close to ready, or overcooked ! Shitty you don't have a microscope :confused:

That's why I hate autos ...so boring !

So some pics from the GSC today.
Topped up 5L yesterday @ an ec of 2.1
Res EC @ 1.59 || pH@6.1
I dont have my hygrometer here, should be able to collect tomorrow, but RH is going to be very high.

@Northern Hydro , Ill be getting some more lights tomorrow so I can expand coverage. Ill give this a little more time, and if i cant control the growth, ill switch to a 12/12 cycle.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    752 KB · Views: 42
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    922.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    760.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    798.4 KB · Views: 39
Hello folks!
EC @ 1.58 || pH @ 6.1, due for a 5L topup tomorrow.

Go to finally get home and collect some some lights and other bits, the mess is now bigger! A couple of questions.

1. Can I use a neem spray on the plant at this stage to keep off bugs ? I got some nutmegs and neem oil, and can make an organic spray, as taught to me by Gaz from another forum. Super nice dude!

2. There are a fair bit of bud sites under the top canopy, shaded by fan leaves. Ive been trying to move them around, but the whole plant is becoming a jigsaw now. How far can I go with defolitaion ? Or should I just let her be ?

Cheers!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 43
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    889.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    610.3 KB · Views: 38
I don’t use any Sprays, for anything so I can’t help you .
I usally HEAVILY DEFOIL about 3 weeks post flip and then let her ride and continue to train her out .

Hey folks! Hope you all keeping safe!

Got to topup 5L today, really should be doing 7 but... EC @ 1.7 pH@5.9
Took her out while I can to get some poor quality pics! Shes really bigger than what I bargained for! Some more LST today.
Lemme know folks, mostly looks ok to me. Some leaves showing some deficiencies, if it starts bothering me ill post closeups. Week 3 of flower begins.

1.jpg 2.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

I don’t use any Sprays, for anything so I can’t help you .
I usally HEAVILY DEFOIL about 3 weeks post flip and then let her ride and continue to train her out .

thanks mate! So the reason behind week three ? Cause bout 3 weeks into flower we would assume most of the growth has stopped and we can get away with removing the leaves?

Anyone on the neem spray solution ? I dont see any harm, unless its too late in bud development.

Cheers!

I cut almost all the leaves off around week 3 ( indoor growing) to avoid bud rot and expose all the bud sites .
Just a general all around clean up to point her in the direction I want her to fill out .. she usually has a last ditch stretch effort and then fills back in again along with a bud swell . Strain dependant naturally but your bushes look like they could use a defoil.. good luck !

Hey folks!

So curious about these small bugs ive got around. Appeared when i moved the plants to me mums place, in proximity with 2 pots in soil. I sprayed the soil plants with Neem oil yesterday, and the lid of this plants DWC res. Advise please ?

1.jpg 2.jpg

On the other NL auto that i finally harvested a couple of days ago, I let some of the very lower newer growth be just to see where it goes, there was some interesting growth that I do not know what is. I should prolly throw her off cause I may mess up this GSC, but ill ask for what are these pod type thingies ?

3.jpg
Thanks!

Hey folks!

Res was getting a bit dirty, so full change day before, and as expected, it takes a day or two to stabilize back. Wonder why ? Mixed to an EC of 1.7 and results in a pH of 6.1, next day pH swings up to 6.7, then a day or two later settles back at 6.1 with a slightly higher EC, after which pH remains stable and EC and water levels keep dropping. Any explanations ?

Also over the past few days, some leaves have started developing dry tips and bits, only a few, anything to worry about ?

1.jpg 2.jpg

Gave her another bigger trim a couple of evenings ago, and will leave her at that I suppose. Still need to try and tug some growth too close to the lights..

3.jpg 4.jpg

Take care folks!

Hey folks!

Res was getting a bit dirty, so full change day before, and as expected, it takes a day or two to stabilize back. Wonder why ? Mixed to an EC of 1.7 and results in a pH of 6.1, next day pH swings up to 6.7, then a day or two later settles back at 6.1 with a slightly higher EC, after which pH remains stable and EC and water levels keep dropping. Any explanations ?

Also over the past few days, some leaves have started developing dry tips and bits, only a few, anything to worry about ?

1.jpg 2.jpg

Gave her another bigger trim a couple of evenings ago, and will leave her at that I suppose. Still need to try and tug some growth too close to the lights..

3.jpg 4.jpg

Take care folks!

Refer to tHe bible :)
3260930C-E42E-4365-8222-F5B0CFFD1FC5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom