New grower questions

420 Member
Hey all. So I'm new to growing (ish) and new to the forum
My question is about ppm and ph,
I'm using Dr earth soil mix , and adding nutrients.
I recently measured my runoff at 5.2ph and 1100ppm. ,
My plants are mid veg stage rn. Am I good to go? Do i need to up the ph? My intake is 6.5ph

My plants are mid veg stage rn. Am I good to go? Do i need to up the ph? My intake is 6.5ph
Pictures help out the best.
What other nutrients ?
How old is the soil your using as in has it been used before?
PH at the roots should be 6.2 to 6.5.
PPM's for soil ?

PPM (parts per million) refers to the concentration of minerals and soluble matter in your watering solution. It is important to monitor the PPM levels in your watering solution to ensure you are not underfeeding or overfeeding your plants. Soil-grown plants Early Growth: 400 to 500 PPM Seedling: 500 to 600 PPM

I kind of laugh at the above copy and paste statement. How many soil growers are using 50 or below PPM water?
Which has everything to do with run off PPM's and PH.

Million dollar question is what the PPM and the PH of the water your feeding your plants ?

Pictures help out the best.
What other nutrients ?
How old is the soil your using as in has it been used before?
PH at the roots should be 6.2 to 6.5.
PPM's for soil ?

PPM (parts per million) refers to the concentration of minerals and soluble matter in your watering solution. It is important to monitor the PPM levels in your watering solution to ensure you are not underfeeding or overfeeding your plants. Soil-grown plants Early Growth: 400 to 500 PPM Seedling: 500 to 600 PPM

I kind of laugh at the above copy and paste statement. How many soil growers are using 50 or below PPM water?
Which has everything to do with run off PPM's and PH.

Million dollar question is what the PPM and the PH of the water your feeding your plants ?
Ph is 6.5 and ppm is 250, I added my calmag to the water but my nutrients i mix in the soil. And the soil is brand new , it's dr earths potting soil

:welcome: any pictures of your ladies? 😁 when you grow organic using dry amendments I wouldn't bother reading your PPMs just follow their instruction to top feed every couple of weeks.
How comes your adding calmag to your water? I'm sure your dry amendments should have enough calcium and magnesium in it?
Your microbes should be managing your PH for you.
How are you measuring your soil PH?

:welcome: any pictures of your ladies? 😁 when you grow organic using dry amendments I wouldn't bother reading your PPMs just follow their instruction to top feed every couple of weeks.
How comes your adding calmag to your water? I'm sure your dry amendments should have enough calcium and magnesium in it?
Your microbes should be managing your PH for you.
How are you measuring your soil PH?
Hey here's some pics, my main concern is the first plant, my other 2 are still seedlings , I added calmag once a week to be safe from calmag deficiencies. My lady is around the 3 week mark. And the soil is around 5.3 ph straight from the bag. I'm trying to watch the PPM because I'm new to dry nutrients and had to flush because I used to much . Hope that explains better

20241005_195613.jpg

20241005_195621.jpg

20241005_195634.jpg

20241005_195654.jpg

Nice little lady you doing some training on her?
It's a bit strange your soil being 5.3 out the bag... Does it say a PH on the bag? Has your PH pen been calibrated?
When you feed do you PH adjust? Like PH down?
Alot of dry amendments are balanced for you so they may assume your PH in is neutral around 7PH or if your using pure or rain water 0ppm the microbes can buffer for you too. Once you start buffering your water yourself you make their job more difficult.
knowing your water source before you add anything would be good to know PPM & PH

Nice little lady you doing some training on her?
It's a bit strange your soil being 5.3 out the bag... Does it say a PH on the bag? Has your PH pen been calibrated?
When you feed do you PH adjust? Like PH down?
Alot of dry amendments are balanced for you so they may assume your PH in is neutral around 7PH or if your using pure or rain water 0ppm the microbes can buffer for you too. Once you start buffering your water yourself you make their job more difficult.
knowing your water source before you add anything would be good to know PPM & PH
I adjust ph somewhat, when I flushed I used ph up. But my tap water is 6.4 out the tap. Also I have done some training , I topped it early , I'm looking to get 4-6 main stems, and no it doesn't say ph on the bag, but I'll check again. The npk of my nutrients is 7-6-9 . Does my lady look healthy? Maybe I'm worried to much and yes, both pens have been calibrated twice

Sweet, Yeah just let her do her thing she looks like she's doing good 👍
most soils have food for a few weeks in them so you usually don't have to feed the plants for 4-6 weeks. I'm guessing you fed and then tried flushing? It's not as easy when flushing dry amendments but give her time to see how she gets on.
With your tap do you let your water sit for a day or two before using it?

Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:
I find it better for my girls to concentrate on what is going in not what's left over and draining out.
You end up chasing your tail.:Namaste:
Are the girls healthy?
Are you experiencing any deficiencies?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Welcome to 420 Magazine @new member

Your plant looks healthy, so I would not worry for the time being.
What strains are you growing currently?

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Also, we now have a Fungi section if you would like to grow mushrooms.

Sweet, Yeah just let her do her thing she looks like she's doing good 👍
most soils have food for a few weeks in them so you usually don't have to feed the plants for 4-6 weeks. I'm guessing you fed and then tried flushing? It's not as easy when flushing dry amendments but give her time to see how she gets on.
With your tap do you let your water sit for a day or two before using it?
Yes I do

Welcome to 420 Magazine @new member

Your plant looks healthy, so I would not worry for the time being.
What strains are you growing currently?

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Also, we now have a Fungi section if you would like to grow mushrooms.
Hello, thanks for the info. Right now it's tropical purple cookies auto and purple ghost candy

All the information to get you started with a grow journal is in my first post to you.
Just click on the highlighted test and it will take you there.

My PGC came out great I did a SIP with quallining grow and pulled a little over a pound from her.
You have any pics still so I have a reference on how mine should look? And ok I'll go back to the post

Back
Top Bottom