New City Grower 1.0

Re: New City Grower

While we're waiting on the results HIT em with #2 Dres

thats why i asked pinky, some feed every other feed when the plant is getting more feed per watering, then growers do reduce to every other feed due to the growing medium holding more nutrients as the plant gets older, when its younger your watering less so they need feeding every time,

Question 1

Do plants grown in a soiless mix (coco, perlite/vermiculite, Promix HP, etc.) require nutrients earlier than soil-grown plants? If so, when is a good time to start feeding them? Should they be fed every time they're watered?

From my knowledge soiless mixes are made to retain less moisture than soil in order for plants to get watered more frequently. Thus more times roots are watered, equals faster growth.

Now with coco I know that it is a medium that can retain nutrients in it, but quite frequently lacks in Ca and Mg early on. Though I am not sure about feed frequency.

In pure vermiculite/perlite mixes, I believe nutrients are not retained in the mix as long and should be able to handle a daily nutrient feed.

PinkyGreen is closest. I believe that when using a soiless mixture that is peat moss based nutrients should begin to be fed when the plant is 4"-5" tall and has 5 nodes of growth with a 1/4 strength nutrient solution. I feed nutrients every time I water unless I am flushing.

Judges 1 for Pinky 2 for jay. Please dont Split your decision!!! LOL

Question 2

Is it better to do LST/supercropping shortly after watering or while the plant is very dry? Why would it make a difference?

Shortly after watering. This is when the cell walls are the most flexible because of their recent hydration. If trying to preform HST and LST during a 'dry period', you run the risk of battling against a brittle cellular structure.

Back
Top Bottom