New City Grower 1.0

Re: New City Grower

heres another question don those are brake lights meant to be used intermittently
how long can they stay on without a break?
or doesn't it matter since its an led itll still live 50k hrs?

Great convo going here. I would like to hear the answers too. I believe an experiment by you DP would be the best way to go about it.

Reading up on LED lighting for growing gets to be very complicated. It's said that it has to be in the right spectrum to even be used, or so you get the results that you should. The spectrum has to be in the wavelength of 400 to 700 nm which is known as the PAR (Photosynthetically Active Radiation) region. All your better LED manufactures shoot for the perfect white light spectrum in the PAR region. Some say that you shouldn't even bother with vegging or flowering spectrums and only get the full spectrum ones. It takes red, white and blue to get the perfect white. Couldn't find anything on red only but I'm sure they would work with the other colors for the full spectrum. Just what I read and I'm by no means a person that know anything about this. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Complicated is the word Bill.

Replace with another of same or LED?

lol,
i dont think my neighbours would be to happy if i was running a brother,

this is the problem had last time, no one could tell me if a red led is the same as a red growing led. not even sure how id check, im sure their will be some info on the boxes but not sure if it would give me a breakdown on the spectrum, chances are it just gives the watts or what ever else they have on led's

id have to try a clone like mentioned, id have to try it with just the leds to see if they can keep a plant alive, if it adds anything then its not going to use much power to run the leds,

Shy of getting a 500 USD light meter, there's an app in the app store of (American) smart phones called White Balance Color Temp Meter for .99 USD that purports to be able to read the color temp of the light that falls on a white surface such as white paper. Just scan the illuminated area and it claims to tell you what color it is. Don't know if there's a UK version, nor have I even tried the app, just turned up in a Google search.

Best of luck DP!

Shy of getting a 500 USD light meter, there's an app in the app store of (American) smart phones called White Balance Color Temp Meter for .99 USD that purports to be able to read the color temp of the light that falls on a white surface such as white paper. Just scan the illuminated area and it claims to tell you what color it is. Don't know if there's a UK version, nor have I even tried the app, just turned up in a Google search.

Best of luck DP!

That sounds interesting Sky...and cost effective...I wonder If anyone has tried this...I have a small led that I use for propagation, cloning and supplemental lighting in my veg tent...my goal is to switch all led in my veg tent this spring and hopefully my flower tent soon after...I am interested in that app if it works...I'm not too computer savvy but if I try the app I'll post the results

The 5th episode of THE REPS ARE RIGHT Will take place right here in exactly 2hrs from this post

plus reps for the info beemer.

plus reps for the light meter info skybound, theirs a few apps on android that claim to do that same thing and one with the exact same name, ill give it a try tomorrow and see what it says, like they say theirs an app for everything and maybe their right.

@jay, let us know how you get on with the app, theirs a few on android so ill try a different one if you cant get it to work out ok.
if these leds turn out to be the right par reading then i can plaster this grow room with them and see if it makes much difference to the flowering stage, ill see how many blue ones ive got as well cuz i can add them if blue is also needed

thanks for the info everyone,

At the time of this post it will be 1 hr till show time THE REPS ARE RIGHT

30mins

plus reps for the info beemer.

plus reps for the light meter info skybound, theirs a few apps on android that claim to do that same thing and one with the exact same name, ill give it a try tomorrow and see what it says, like they say theirs an app for everything and maybe their right.

@jay, let us know how you get on with the app, theirs a few on android so ill try a different one if you cant get it to work out ok.
if these leds turn out to be the right par reading then i can plaster this grow room with them and see if it makes much difference to the flowering stage, ill see how many blue ones ive got as well cuz i can add them if blue is also needed

thanks for the info everyone,
Do all LED panels have to have a cooling system? I've purchased some inexpensive ones, and I don't see anywhere on the housing where there is a fan or inlet/outlet for air movement.

Back
Top Bottom