New City Grower 1.0

Re: New City Grower

IMG_20140103_173048.jpg

Hey buddy, with out me digging through the thread again what type of light/led bulb is that? The plants look great man keep up the good work!

Those I now call LED boosters. I have 4 of them thanxx to a true friend of mines here on 420. I use two of them to point directly at bud sites I want to catch up (mainly the lower ones). I rotate them every couple of days or as long as it takes for the slow bud site to pick up momentum. I had no idea they would work so well. They're like a red bull for bud sites. LOL
The other two are attached to my light fixture but once I get a couple more light clamps they'll become LED boosters as well.

IMG_20131216_175234.jpg

IMG_20131204_195357.jpg

What's the prices on those LEDs reg?

Ok Mr. Flint, but you must understand. After so many failed attempts you get a little discouraged. I do feel pretty good about this one though. Maybe even I can't flux this method up!

:high-five:

Reg I totally overstand what you mean I been through it myself,,,,but as silly an as wasteful as it seems you will effect it
Jai Jaganatha:peace:
:thumb:

Hi all,

i asked a question a while back but no one could give me any real advice on what ive got so ill throw the question out here in case anyone can say if its worth it.

now im a car mechanic and used to sell load of crap to boy racers, so ive got boxes of bright red led lights, the kind you see in spoilers on backs of cars, usually on the boot or trunk as you call it in the USA, so ive got boxes of single red leds that can be wired together and then ive got led light bars that sit in the back window, their the same type you see the buses use as brake lights, so their pretty damn bright and would be easy to wire up and i could pretty much fill all 4 walls with these led's from floor to ceiling.
so would these led's be anything similar to what we use for growing, id have to go to me lockup to pick them up but ive got boxes of these led lights, ive got a couple of boxes of leds that change colour as well that you see boy racers have under their cars so ive got blues, greens, purples, pinks etc etc and all are leds,

anyone have any ideas if it would be worth me plastering my room in these leds, they would all run off a 12v power source as their for cars so wouldnt take much power to run them and their pretty bright, just not sure if their the same led's that are used for growing plants,

cool,
ill try and go the lockup tomorrow and pick some boxes up then i can find out exactly what they are rated, but i know as brake lights they need to be pretty damn bright and the public transport where i am only uses led's as brake lights as their much brighter than regular bulbs,

i got a few boxes of about 20 led's in a row with a reflector behind them as these sit on the parcel shelf or usually mounted in the top of the back window, i got long led lights with about 40 to 50 leds in them and these light up under a car, the rest are just the diodes that need connecting to connectors and these are all single so you can arrange them as you like, so ill dig then out tomorrow of the day after, maybe they will help with the flowering stage, not sure how many blue ones i got as most are red,

only problem is when i have the grow door open my apartment would look like a brothel, lol

Hi DP :ciao:

I would think that the gro LED's were developed for plant growth spectrums. Just because they are bright,

they may not be in the proper

spectrum I would throw together a small tent and give it a go with a seedling or clone. If it doesn't seem to

be working, you could easily

save your plant.

This sounds like a good DIY idea to tryout. Free is a good price to pay!

Nothing wrong with a brothel as long as it's well stocked, this maybe something to look into also. Kind of a

sideline to your growing sideline

That said, I think I'll go have a shot of takeelya and salt like Dennise suggests :goof:

:tokin:

Hi Dennise :ciao:

You probably didn't see my edit, which sideline do you mean? :hmmmm:

:tokin:

lol,
i dont think my neighbours would be to happy if i was running a brother,

this is the problem had last time, no one could tell me if a red led is the same as a red growing led. not even sure how id check, im sure their will be some info on the boxes but not sure if it would give me a breakdown on the spectrum, chances are it just gives the watts or what ever else they have on led's

id have to try a clone like mentioned, id have to try it with just the leds to see if they can keep a plant alive, if it adds anything then its not going to use much power to run the leds,

Back
Top Bottom