New City Grower 1.0

Re: New City Grower

Question 2

Is it a good idea or bad idea to have rocks or small pebbles on the bottom of pots?

What effect will this have on roots, water drainage and plant growth, if any.

Is there a better way to increase drainage?

i tried putting marbles at the bottom of my master kush's container and i didnt notice a difference in drainage. there was however less room for roots, which can be a drawback.

to increase drainage till your soil well, don't water too often, and add perlite or vermiculite

2013-05-13_23-16-58_266.jpg

2013-05-13_23-17-03_616.jpg

Now that's a question..... I'd thought a couple inch of peoples was good. But la got shouted at by someone for it. I can't remember why

For good drainage use cannabis specific soil and add extra perlit + plenty of holes in the bottom
If good soils not available mix 1 part perlite to 4 parts crappy soil

May not be best answer but it's how I'd roll :)

Judges do we have someone well consider close enough for question 1

:bump:

2. Is it a good idea or bad idea to have rocks or smell pebbles on the bottom of pots?

What effect will this have on roots, water drainage and plant growth, if any.

Is there a better way to increase drainage?

Good idea. Enough wil let in more air which will prune roots as well as better drainage. Hempys are a perfect example. Clay, like hydroton, can damage roots though. Rockwool cubes are better.

spot on LA, some autos just wont amber, they end up going hermie without turning amber. these plants are 100% ready at around 100% cloudy, the only reason we let them turn amber is to let the thc degrade into cbn;s, thc is at its peak at 100% cloudy so that plant is ready for harvest, when its turning amber it means the trichs are degrading and turning the thc into cbn which gives us the stronger couch lock affect,

how ever most indicas give a heavy couch lock affect at 100% cloudy, sativas are a bit different as letting them turn amber will give you more of a couch lock affect but if your growing sativas then your not growing it for the couch lock affect,

Hit em with #3 Rico

Would it be safe to give Cajuncelt #1

question 1, id have to say the plant needs more time but if you check the journal their are more problems going on that need sorting to allow the plant to reach its full potential, so king is right it needs more time but its going to keep going down hill until the set up is sorted but at this stage in the plants growth id say their is very little the grower can do apart from give it more time,
i know what i think the problem or problems are and ill reply in the growers journal once this show is over.

question 2, b.real and alex answered spot on,

Question Number Three

If you’re soaking seeds in a glass of water,

should you adjust the pH of that water?

:scratchinghead:

If germing in rockwool,

should the water be pH-adjusted?

Why or why not? :geek:

If it should be adjusted, what is the target pH? :dreamy:

So Alex takes 1 yes