New City Grower 1.0

Re: New City Grower

Yea it came free with one of my ballast kits as well...it sits in the drawer :laughtwo: I try to get a consistent schedule going with all my timers. They all correlate with each other, and somewhat go along with the 'real world; time as well. I don't have an advanced enough ventilation to set them my fan to go on/off, I just run that 24/7, until I upgrade with an intake system. I run 2 timers only: 30minute mechanical for my HID/CFL and a digital timer for my reservoir. Also careful with the the digital timers, as they too emit a faint red light EVEN when the unit is switched to the 'off' position...these damn timers haha.

I also happened to make a video explaining how to set up the timer. Feel free to reference it if you need help setting it up.

[video=youtube;MWxZeafxidA]
[/video]

Thank you AG, the video will be helpful when I need to set it!

That video is how I learned how to operate mine. Also, I noticed the red light on my 15 minute CAP timer does go off when the timer kicks to the off position, but that's no worry now as I have that and the digi timer on a power strip outside my cabinet.

Yeah, I think Pinky threw us a curve ball assuming LA was going out to play in the snow with us.
As far as that goes, they don't throw like girls anymore! I had to recruit a couple of my daughter's male schoolmates who happened to also be in the park. It quickly be came evident which little bastard from the neighborhood has the hots for my daughter. This kid turned on our teammate because he got a clean snowball shot in my daughters face.
they're still outside playing. I had enough! I'm getting too old for snowball fights or the kids are getting better at it.
So sorry, I meant BAR :loopy::trance:
That snowball fight turned into a good lead!
Keep an eye on that boy, or have the secret one on one talk with him, and make sure his intentions are good. :wood: LOL! :;):

reps are right later on if im home ill try to keep up with the massive posts lol
Happy Skunkday BAR :thumb:

Good Luck to everyone today in the game! I will not be in attendance, but am looking forward to reading through eh madness after work tonight.

Congratulations and good luck to our three MOTM nominations! You are all deserving and I hope all thee of you win :goof:

Nice little update there Reg ;) Word of caution about that 15minute timer. Even when you tape over the LED, it still emits a bright glow from the surrounding white, permeable plastic:peace:
It doesn't matter, I keep the timers on the outside of the grow area as does Sky.

LOL, that particular timer is a piece of crap too AG, it came free with one of the hps I ordered. It's not smoothe, it's hard as hell to turn....just a piece of crap. I set my timers like this; I set the hours of operation with no regard for the current time, then, I go to my room when I want the whole mess to start and turn them on......one at a time at the appropriate time...for example; the light cooling blower comes on 30 minutes before the lights do, and stays on thirty minutes after lights off. So, I turn that timer on first, wait 30 minutes, turn the lights on, and a few minutes later the big wall fan comes on...........I try to make it easy on myself and that's how I do it. I will be needing a timer for the hydro soon and it will have to be a digital one and will surely drive me half crazy setting it up!

Yea it came free with one of my ballast kits as well...it sits in the drawer :laughtwo: I try to get a consistent schedule going with all my timers. They all correlate with each other, and somewhat go along with the 'real world; time as well. I don't have an advanced enough ventilation to set them my fan to go on/off, I just run that 24/7, until I upgrade with an intake system. I run 2 timers only: 30minute mechanical for my HID/CFL and a digital timer for my reservoir. Also careful with the the digital timers, as they too emit a faint red light EVEN when the unit is switched to the 'off' position...these damn timers haha.

I also happened to make a video explaining how to set up the timer. Feel free to reference it if you need help setting it up.

[video=youtube;MWxZeafxidA]
[/video]
My life is already complicated enough Mack. I just use the timer to turn the lights on once & off once each day. My fan runs 24/7 like AG's. That was the 1st timer I bought way back when that I couldn't get working to save my life. AG posted that same video for me but I still couldn't get it to function properly. It ended up in the bottom drawer of the dresser with all the old cellphones, chargers, (cable, stereo, & telephone) cords, & all the other electronic do-dads that for one reason or another I haven't thrown out.

IMG_20131215_142736.jpg

IMG_20131214_131250.jpg

The 2nd photo above is also the same crappy model that I've been using from the first day I physically stop turning the lights on & off manually. Mack, I haven't had not one problem with that crappy timer. If something works for me I stick with it.

Also my lady dropped by with a few gifts to put under the tree. This one wasn't wrapped & she said it's not for me, it's a gift for LAVERNE

Blue & Red
310 X 310mm

IMG_20131214_165936.jpg

2 1/2hrs till show time!

test run

1hr, 11mins, & 18secs...

Back
Top Bottom