New City Grower 1.0

Re: New City Grower

JULY 17 2013 DAY SHIRLEY
IMG_20130717_200839.jpg
IMG_20130717_200851.jpg
SHE JUST DOESN'T SEEM TO BE DOING TO WELL. I'LL TRANSPLANT HER INTO A POT LIKE LAVERNE'S & TRY TO REPLICATE THE SAME GROWING CONDITIONS. MAYBE IT'S THE HEAT. WE'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF A HEATWAVE RIGHT NOW.

Reg, what are you using for soil? Looks like you went to an excavation site and dug it out of there LOL! Those are mondo rocks or I'm seeing things!

you dont have to do multiple 24 hr darks. Just one will expedite her. You dont want to stress her out too much. She's had a lot of environment changes rapidly...

And on the second girl, did you supercropp that stem? Or is that from the lst?
:peace:
good thing i didn't assume....from lst

reg, what are you using for soil? Looks like you went to an excavation site and dug it out of there lol! Those are mondo rocks or i'm seeing things!
the same soil i found her in which coincidentally is the same soil i found laverne in. Only difference is i put laverne straight from ground to pot (no cup), no lst during her first week or so & the tap water wasn't ph balanced.

the same soil i found her in which coincidentally is the same soil i found laverne in. Only difference is i put laverne straight from ground to pot (no cup), no lst during her first week or so & the tap water wasn't ph balanced.

That's right! You had the lucky right outside the door find! Hell that is one hell a way to do a first grow lol!

hey kingjohnc, i know your growing a la confidential and making feminized seeds. Does this only occur if the actual female flower is stressed? I have an feminized auto plant that i see a single male flower on. If this pollinates its a "regular" seed? Or femized?

Sorry for sking on your thread reg.
that's fine. I can absorb new info right here on my own journal.

Hey KingJohnC, I know your growing a LA Confidential and making feminized seeds. Does this only occur if the actual female flower is stressed? I have an feminized auto plant that I see a single male flower on. If this pollinates its a "regular" seed? or femized?

Sorry for sking on your thread Reg.

there is an increasing incidence of hermaphrodites when dealing with feminized seeds, this is the breeders pour choice of breeding stock. if it is from stress it is likely feminized but may pass on hermaphroditic tendencies.

ive not had any issues with fem seeds turning hermie,

the 24 hour dark period is just given once before starting 12-12, not something i do or have ever done, in flower go 12-12 till the end, make sure theirs is no light leaks during the dark 12 hours else it will go hermie,

that soil dont look the best to be fair, its its ground soil then you will need nutes as it has very little nurients in it unless you leave near peat bogs or some forest with good composted ground soil.

id be concerned about air getting to the roots with that soil, so i wouldnt over water with this soil as it might take a long time to dry out.

nice looking plants though, might be worth taking a clone from each and start growing it in good compost, that might give you much better results, but so far the plants look great, lst will really help with light penetration, id take clones if it was me and keep them for the next grow and try it in some good potting soil.

a lot of plants will hermie real easy if they get light during the dark period, to much or to little water, some plants take a lot to hermie and others take very little,

out of all the fem seeds ive grown only one has gone hermie on me on its own, basically fems seeds are produced from hermie pollen, they either use silver chemical or force a plant hermie to produce fem pollen, when i first started to make fem seeds i forced a plant to go hermie, i used the pollen and got seeds, i grew the seeds and these hermied at same time as i stressed the mother plant,

so what i do now is leave a plant in flower a few weeks longer and it produces banana type pollen sacs, i collect the pollen from these and pollenate a fem plant and that gives me fem seeds, so i guess it all depends what method was used, as long as their is no stress then it should not go hermie, so temps need to be good, water needs to be correct, not to much nutes, then you should be ok,

but by the looks of it you have got a nice healthy plant, that soil wont help much but nutrients will really pay off, if the plant grows well then id either take clones and use decent compost or id flower and reveg and transplant into some other soil,

if it grows well then id clone it and try it with good compost and see how it grows then, im pretty sure it would grow much better, plus it looks great as it does now so grown in good compost can only make this a top plant to be growing,

be interesting to see how this turns out,

if it grows well then id clone it and try it with good compost and see how it grows then, im pretty sure it would grow much better, plus it looks great as it does now so grown in good compost can only make this a top plant to be growing,

be interesting to see how this turns out,
Is it already too late to water with teas?

Thanxx plus reps DONPAUL

Hey Reg, just want to check in on yea, I see it's supposed to be triple digits in the city today...hope you and yours are keeping cool. Last day though, tomorrow the cool down starts, can't wait! :peace:
WE SURVIVED THE HEATWAVE MADDOG. IM STILL HERE, YOU DIDNT MELT DID YOU? JULY 20 2013 SHIRLEY DAY 15
IMG_20130720_062510.jpg
IMG_20130720_062403.jpg
SHE MADE IT THROUGH THE HEATWAVE & APPEARS TO BE RECOVERING.

Didn't & THANXX

JULY 20 2013 DAY 29 LAVERNE
IMG_20130720_090419.jpg
IMG_20130720_090356.jpg
IMG_20130720_090331.jpg
IMG_20130720_090219.jpg
DAY 4 OF 12/12 & GROW TENT. ABOUT HOW LONG SHOULD IT TAKE B4 I START SEEING FLOWER GROWTH?

Good morning and good weed reg. to quote wiz high he recommends skipping diminishing light schedule and go straight to 10/14.
It will help reduce stretch promote lateral branch growth to upward and out. Yield stays the same however more resin and pistols will be produced. Electricity is saved for hps growers :)

Im just anxious as hell. It's the first plant i've ever watched grow. Spimp, is it possible to ghetto clone? Im not trying to spend anything else on her this month; cant afford it. + thanxx

Back
Top Bottom