New City Grower 1.0

Re: New City Grower

My camera is dead Reg. Nothing new to see really just the re-veg (and that is going well). I havent had a chance to take cuttings for clones yet as Ive been working out of town. I do need to get them going though. I will show you when I do. Your grow looks good, you have really expanded your operation.

It smells really good in here with the turkey, rolls and pies baking. I hope you and yours enjoy the holiday.

My camera is dead Reg. Nothing new to see really just the re-veg (and that is going well). I havent had a chance to take cuttings for clones yet as Ive been working out of town. I do need to get them going though. I will show you when I do. Your grow looks good, you have really expanded your operation.

It smells really good in here with the turkey, rolls and pies baking. I hope you and yours enjoy the holiday.
Same to you & yours. This is the first year I'm actually doing the majority of the cooking & dinner is here. But I'm not as good at baking as I am at cooking. If you could drive by & drop off a few of those pies it would be greatly appreciated. LOL

Same to you & yours. This is the first year I'm actually doing the majority of the cooking & dinner is here. But I'm not as good at baking as I am at cooking. If you could drive by & drop off a few of those pies it would be greatly appreciated. LOL

Im sure you will do just fine. Ive always enjoyed cooking, although the holidays are almost like work cooking all the different dishes. It smells awesome in here but we think we know something that will make it smell even better.....now where did I put that lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Ass Reg View Post
Im sure you will do just fine. Ive always enjoyed cooking, although the holidays are almost like work cooking all the different dishes. It smells awesome in here but we think we know something that will make it smell even better.....now where did I put that lighter.
LOL Yeah I'm so toasted now I had to get my daughter to start checking the food. Good thing I did the bird yesterday. If your taking the train down to drop off those pies keep in mind Metro North is running on a Holiday schedule. LOL

That would be a long train ride. Just get you one of those famous NY cheesecakes and call it a day reg. I make a pumpkin cheesecake pie every Thanksgiving its pretty good.

Happy Thanksgiving Reg, All the best to you and yours.

Note you've taken the plunge with a clone or two. I've just posted part 2 of my method if you'd like to compare notes.

For those of you who don't know Biggie won & has already received his "SCIENTIFIC SOILS Professional Growers' Mix". This was his reply after I gave him a heads up about the problems I had with it. I agree 100%.

With that said I've decided to try "SCIENTIFIC SOILS Professional Growers' Mix" one more time as I still have 2/3 of it left. I'll attempt retiring from the "DEAD CLONE SOCIETY CLUB" with LAVERNE (Re-Veg) & my new goodies.

I saw you we're ph'ing the water,the problem could be the acid used to lower Ph can upset an kill the microbes making the nutrients unavailable, I never ever ever Ph water that's going into soil ,soil is purpose built to maintain a certain Ph no matter the Ph of the water going in any change is temporary the soil will buffer it's self ,so in essence your adding acid that in time will be negated by the lime in the soil,but the acid kicks the crap out of your bennies,, what I recommend you do is use straight tap,if your concerned about ppm or Ph just dilute the tap with some distilled or r/o water, and consider adding more mykos to the soil, that's my thought on what went wrong,there really is a lot of science involved with a purpose built soil such as this,I would not deviate from the manufactures instructions,and if you have a problem contact them directly,they know those product better than anyone:high-five:

Thanxx Biggie

Hey Reg, thanks for the poignant words over at mine. I have replied.

Lets move forward and remember those who mean so much to us in the greatest spirit of life. God Bless them all. for they shall be with us for always, and for that we should be eternally Happy.

Peace.

Reg, judging from the size of that clone dome (10x20?), it will be difficult to maintain a high humidity level unless you add a thin layer of water under the seedling tray. With the heat mat under it, you'll never have to spray or mist. I have one that size and will try to find something else to use as I'll only be taking about 2 or 3 clones myself. Too much dome for just a few clones.

I would either get a Reverse Osmosis system or continue to pH adjust your tap water. Tap water is unlike anything that falls from the sky.

you should also contact Scientific Soils and make them aware of your problem

https://scientificsoils.com contact

Hey Reg, thanks for the poignant words over at mine. I have replied.

Lets move forward and remember those who mean so much to us in the greatest spirit of life. God Bless them all. for they shall be with us for always, and for that we should be eternally Happy.

Peace.
Thannx Brit. My father's been gone over 20 yrs & my mother's been gone for 4 yrs & I still miss them both. We grew up a very tight-knit family. I usually have a rough time around the holidays but it's only when something strikes one of those nerves.

Reg, judging from the size of that clone dome (10x20?), it will be difficult to maintain a high humidity level unless you add a thin layer of water under the seedling tray. With the heat mat under it, you'll never have to spray or mist. I have one that size and will try to find something else to use as I'll only be taking about 2 or 3 clones myself. Too much dome for just a few clones.
Thanxx for the heads up Sky. The directions state that water is to be placed in the bottom tray of the dome. As you can see below humidity isn't an issue at all.

IMG_20131129_113935.jpg

Good luck with those clones, Reg. I can't wait to get started with mine.

Hope your day was great! :circle-of-love:
Thanxx Dres. With my track record on cloning I can use all the luck I can get.

I would either get a Reverse Osmosis system or continue to pH adjust your tap water. Tap water is unlike anything that falls from the sky.

you should also contact Scientific Soils and make them aware of your problem

https://scientificsoils.com contact
Don't worry KJC, I plan on continuing to PH. I've had no problems before from watering. Like they say; "If it aint broke don't fix it". Biggie's not alone, there's plenty of growers here on 420 who don't PH their H2O & have great results but I've been doing it since after my first trip of shopping. The PH kit was the first thing in my cart.
I believe I will contact them as there maybe some technicality with the way their soil should be used. :thumb:

Hey Reg.

Humidity could very well become an issue looking at your pic. Try get some quick readings on temp and RH in there. The vent may need to be opened to better keep things under control.

wow looks mighty wet in there don't forget to let it get some air once in awhile
might even be good to leave a slight crack open
just my opinion
Chronic weekend there BAR
if the humidty dome doesn't work out for you try a bubble cloner its cheap and you don't have to dome it
the most you do is change the water every couple days roots in 7-10 days

About the bubble cloner, do you immerse the stems in the water, or hover above the waterline to catch a spritz from exploding air bubbles?

Back
Top Bottom