New aussie Auto grower, looking for some advice

Hey bud, I reckon I could probably get 3 back to back auto grows in or 2 photos. Yeah once it gets hot over here, it's doesn't get cold for a while
How cold does it get in winter?

Down here where I am, an average winter day could be between 10° and 14° and like 1 or 2 overnight, that's in Celsius though
I was wondering if you tried an auto in winter, how it would go. I am growing through winter atm without additional heat.

I was wondering if you tried an auto in winter, how it would go. I am growing through winter atm without additional heat.
Can't say I have, but I could give it a go next year, might be able to get some of those beautiful purple leaves.
Least you can grow indoors, I don't have that luxury unfortunately

Can't say I have, but I could give it a go next year, might be able to get some of those beautiful purple leaves.
Least you can grow indoors, I don't have that luxury unfortunately
Oh right!

Oh right!
My grow site
20240905_162536.jpg
20240905_161339.jpg

I was going to ask, do you go bundu bashing to get to your grow site, and look at it! It's incredibly beautiful. It must be very remote if you trust that plants will not get swiped from that lakeside? I have utmost regard for you guerilla growers, I really do. The schlepping that's involved :eek:

I was going to ask, do you go bundu bashing to get to your grow site, and look at it! It's incredibly beautiful. It must be very remote if you trust that plants will not get swiped from that lakeside? I have utmost regard for you guerilla growers, I really do. The schlepping that's involved :eek:
Haha you'll make me blush Carmen! Honestly, it's a 2minute walk from my house, it's a beach/nature reserve that no one goes near, because the sea smell is super strong, it's overgrown and not much of a place to chill out. There's a lot of little pockets in the hillside to hide the grows from the foot track above, it's kind of hidden in plain sight if that makes sense.
But yes, it's gorgeous down there 😍

Just a quick question for anyone that wants to chime in, I used to germinate my seeds with the paper towel method, but I've seen so many people do it in a water glass on here, thought I'd give it a shot.
How long does it generally take to pop in the water and should I move it to paper towel once it pops?

Just a quick question for anyone that wants to chime in, I used to germinate my seeds with the paper towel method, but I've seen so many people do it in a water glass on here, thought I'd give it a shot.
How long does it generally take to pop in the water and should I move it to paper towel once it pops?
Is about 12-36 hours in a glass of water in a dark area. Once it pops just move it straight to your container you will be starting in. Should see a sprout within a week I would spray the top soil with water and put a bottle over the top so moisture can get trapped on top. This helps the seedling keep from drying out.

Alright, got 2 coco pots done up with the @Bill284 method.
20240905_174034.jpg

Just popped a blue dream and amnesia haze in the water (both autos) I'll start the journal as soon as the taproots make an appearance
20240905_173935.jpg
Those are a couple big beautiful bags of coco. :bravo:
And seeds are soaking, that or your drinking moonshine. ;)
All is good today Amigo :thumb:
WooHoo poppen his first beans :woohoo::yahoo:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Well my last lot of presents arrived in the mail today, a week early I must say, good on ya grow kings!
Some proper coco/perlite for the coco girls!
20240905_131432.jpg

Some root builder (only GP nute I was missing)
Ph up/down with testing kit
Some more myco
Small trimming shears
And a free bottle of mammoth P.
20240905_131443.jpg

All I have to do now is pick up some coarse perlite from my hydro shop and we'll get this journal underway!! 🥳 🎉
Green planet coco , now your jus showing off.
There's the mykos. It does look like a chocolate bar.
Let's get the party started :theband:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Is about 12-36 hours in a glass of water in a dark area. Once it pops just move it straight to your container you will be starting in. Should see a sprout within a week I would spray the top soil with water and put a bottle over the top so moisture can get trapped on top. This helps the seedling keep from drying out.
Thanks stark, I was thinking around a day as well. Don't know why I went this way instead of what I know, always up for trying something new though!
I sprayed each layer with a kelp spray to activate the myco,frass and bokashi, but I've also got a calmag and water mixture to water with until the break ground.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Haha I thought you'd approve Bill 😄
Definitely not drinking moonshine, still haven't got all my eyesight back from the last time 🤣
Good to hear you're doing well!
The beans are poppin, the wait is finally over, hopefully the weather is forgiving 🙏

Green planet coco , now your jus showing off.
There's the mykos. It does look like a chocolate bar.
Let's get the party started :theband:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Maybe I am showing off a little 🤣🤣
Definitely an extra crunchy chocolate bar 😉
I agree, let's get this show on the road!!

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
I still haven't popped my own beans but I have seen my family do it for years.

Back
Top Bottom