Needing help on my first grow

20190816_164223.jpg

Those white specks are the typical feeding pattern of the spider mite... you get those white pinprick marks all over the place

Thanks Emilya, you just thought me a bunch. :green_heart:

Toxic, I hope you take Emilya very seriously right now.

We're lucky to have her around, as you will find out.

BTW, :welcome: to 420.

Toxic, for your reading pleasure, type in "Spider mites" into the search box here and check it out. There's a recipe for neem oil and what you can do to prevent them.
Good luck. :thumb:

I think I read somewhere a drop or two of dish soap helps to emulsify it wtf that means.

I blasted some aphids with neem two days in a row the other day after a big old breakout...not sure where they were carried in but it nip'd em right in the bud they are stone cold dead little corpses all over my leaf and bud battlefield. Gonna have to search bar bud wash...my plan is just H2O2 after I chop them. GL bud, CHeers! :yahoo:

doesnt say how much to use
The instructions, mixing ratios and warnings should be on the back depending on the manufacturer. If they have more than one page of stuff then a good chance that there is a seal all around the little pack of pages or a small booklet of info. Look and see if there is a small group of words that says something like "open here" or "peel back here".

Usually the recommendation is to use up the mix withing 24-48 hours and a gallon is a lot unless you have many plants. I did the math and figured out the amounts of Neem to mix up to make a pint or to make up a half pint depending on how many plants I have going that day. I then wrote the mixing amounts right on the plastic bottle of Neem Oil with a marking pen.

@Pbass mentioned dish soap. This is because oil and water do not mix. The oil will float on top of the water no matter how much it is shaken up or stirred. The dish soap breaks up the surface tension of the water and breaks the oil down into tiny, tiny drops. The oil is mixed into the water and can now take up to a couple of days to separate. I left some sitting just to see how long it took. Your mileage may vary on this.

Have a great day.

The instructions, mixing ratios and warnings should be on the back depending on the manufacturer. If they have more than one page of stuff then a good chance that there is a seal all around the little pack of pages or a small booklet of info. Look and see if there is a small group of words that says something like "open here" or "peel back here".

Usually the recommendation is to use up the mix withing 24-48 hours and a gallon is a lot unless you have many plants. I did the math and figured out the amounts of Neem to mix up to make a pint or to make up a half pint depending on how many plants I have going that day. I then wrote the mixing amounts right on the plastic bottle of Neem Oil with a marking pen.

@Pbass mentioned dish soap. This is because oil and water do not mix. The oil will float on top of the water no matter how much it is shaken up or stirred. The dish soap breaks up the surface tension of the water and breaks the oil down into tiny, tiny drops. The oil is mixed into the water and can now take up to a couple of days to separate. I left some sitting just to see how long it took. Your mileage may vary on this.

Have a great day.
Smart person here lol but there is no booklet on it I check multiple times for it

look in my sig for the neem oil mix

Toxic, since Emilya took the time to tell you what the problem was, told you how to tend to it and said 2tbls.per gallon, I'd stick with that.
good luck. :thumb:

Smart person here lol but there is no booklet on it I check multiple times for it
Somebody must have ripped it off to see what it says.

Go to the website for Southern Ag and you can download the booklet. It is a pdf, two pages and has the mixing for their standard Neem Oil and for the Triple Action which is what you have. Plus all the other stuff.
For Triple Action:
Mix 2 to 4 tablespoons per gallon of water. A gallon of mix is a lot but they included the ratio for a smaller amount. It is .5 to 1.0 tablespoons per quart or .25 to .50 fluid ounces per quart.

Oh, no mention of adding any liquid soap so that might already be in it.

Enjoy the day, I will be spending part of mine spraying Neem.

Good luck with your grow Toxic, looks like this Smoking wings has your back now. I hope it all works out for you, bye. :ciao:

Somebody must have ripped it off to see what it says.

Go to the website for Southern Ag and you can download the booklet. It is a pdf, two pages and has the mixing for their standard Neem Oil and for the Triple Action which is what you have. Plus all the other stuff.
For Triple Action:
Mix 2 to 4 tablespoons per gallon of water. A gallon of mix is a lot but they included the ratio for a smaller amount. It is .5 to 1.0 tablespoons per quart or .25 to .50 fluid ounces per quart.

Oh, no mention of adding any liquid soap so that might already be in it.

Enjoy the day, I will be spending part of mine spraying Neem.
Yea or something like that thanks for that il check it out. Late I'm post a pic to see if the neem oil is working. How long does it take to fix the problem and will the leafs come back to full health

I ordered off the big A.

I can attest that this stuff is 100% more effective than Neem. It smells a heck of a lot better, and it’s just a better product in every aspect in my opinion.

I had a massive infestation Neeming for months with no real results. 10,000+ predatory mites, 150+ ladybugs, and nothing really phased them.

One treatment of this stuff, no bs, knocked out 60% of the mites. After 3 treatments, they were completely gone.

It has a very pleasant smell, almost like vanilla, it’s not oily, and it makes the leafs look amazing.

I’ve fought these things for most of my grow. Don’t waste your time with Neem. Get this stuff and you’ll be done with them.

I ordered off the big A.

I can attest that this stuff is 100% more effective than Neem. It smells a heck of a lot better, and it’s just better product in every aspect in my opinion.

I had a massive infestation Neeming for months with no real results. 10,000+ predatory mites, 150+ ladybugs, and nothing really phased them.

One treatment of this stuff, no bs, knocked out 60% of the mites. After 3 treatments, they were completely gone.

It has a very pleasant smell, almost like vanilla, it’s not oily, and it makes the leafs look amazing.

I’ve fought these things for most of my grow. Don’t waste your time with Neem. Get this stuff and you’ll be done with them.
I was told that you can continue use throughout the bud cycle if needed too.

Back
Top Bottom