Need help identifying grow problem

I haven't used that specific brand, but I use a similar medium, these are not considered soils, they're "soilless"

I use pro mix HP + perlite + vermiculite, pro mix HP is a peat based medium. From all my reading, yes you should be treating peat based mediums like this as a soilless mix, so the same as hydro/coco.

I get the confusion I was confused too when I started looking into the different mediums. The reason it's treated like hydro is because being peat based it allows a lot of air to the roots, whereas soil doesn't, the air changes how the roots react, so I aim for 5.8 ph with mine, haven't experienced any problems as of now.

Ohhhhhh, understood. I'll make sure to just stick to 5.8-6 then. I thought that the peat would be acting as a soil but u guess not. Thanks again godofpot
Very helpful info

Look up flying root aphids and make sure your 'gnats' aren't those. If the pests are at the point they're flying around you need to control it. Let your soil dry out completely before you water

Look up flying root aphids and make sure your 'gnats' aren't those. If the pests are at the point they're flying around you need to control it. Let your soil dry out completely before you water

420-magazine-mobile2043461517.jpg

I reckon these look like fungus gnats, what do u reckon?

I'd say you have fungus gnats! Burn the house down!

You absolutely have to get them under control or, as IndigoBreeze said, nothing else matters.

Already used Eco oil as root drench and apply layer of diatomaceous earth. Have let dry to dry out completely. Haven't seen more than 1 gnat at a time in ages

Back
Top Bottom