Natural Spirit's Grafting Journey Of 2019

morning y'all.

Just had the house visit and its awesome. Its a matter of one conversation with a manager and if that goes well i got myself a new home very soon! were talking 1-2 months here. I just had to share this wonderfull news :thanks:

Little grafting update:

The cbd is still alive! for this first attempt it already went way better then i expected. Tough i forgot the bag for a few hours again so i do give her a harder time then intended. I think she will pull true and in a few weeks she is lush and green :woohoo:

morning y'all.

Just had the house visit and its awesome. Its a matter of one conversation with a manager and if that goes well i got myself a new home very soon! were talking 1-2 months here. I just had to share this wonderfull news :thanks:
Congrats.

Congratulations on the new home and bigger grow space. You’ll be able to get the blue sandalwood now! :ganjamon:

That is absolutely true, Maybe 2! :snowboating: Thanks LD, I really am a little nervous tough i’m So close to getting it ^^

So I have taken the task to clean the med containers. I tought about all Those hairs and trichs left behind.. after cleaning 15 or so I was totally broken so part 2 including the end result Will be showed later on...

Gooooood Sun(ny)day everyone:goof:

Hope all your weekends have been amazing so far. I had a wonderfull evening full off chillings with a good bud of mine. We smoked a fat juicy blunt and we were so lit... it was out of this world :meditate:

So the graft... She had a minor setback with me leaving that bag off last week. Still she is green, and the new shoots seem like they will keep growing? we will see. What might be happening is the graft didnt "attatch" to the willow and the moist in the bag kept her alive all the time? Who knows! i took it off for 15 min now and will check back after this update.

I also made a nice new cloner from scrap but ill post it in the multitasking journal ;)

The graft:

Let me know what you think or what could be done better:thanks:
In the future instead of taking the bag all the way off just open it up a bit to let the humidity escape gradually, when there is no moisture in the bag than take it off

In the future instead of taking the bag all the way off just open it up a bit to let the humidity escape gradually, when there is no moisture in the bag than take it off

Thanks for the tip BM, I am so chaotic from time to time that I just get distracted and forget the new bag. I so want This to work out that it doesnt make sense i forgot it twice already:oops:

When She is ready I Will make Sure to first open the top a bit before removing the entire bag.

Caught up now. Hopefully she pulls through!

:thumb: Hopefully the new place works out.

Heya TB, awesome to see you read true it from the start:Namaste: I Sure wish She pulls true for Sure! And If not... we try again! Till it works :slide:

I am waiting for a call so we can plan the last conversation. Its gonna be 1st or 15th of the month so exiting times :goof:

Morning peeps,

The graft stem is still green and tough the leafs are minimum and looking sad.....She is alive!

Let's wish she makes it true and start to grow soon. Next graft will be done with a slightly bigger stem from the Cannabis plant. Somehow it felt this girl was a little to thin. Still she is holding on in beast mode there :laughtwo:

Enjoy your day everyone:circle-of-love:

I think she’ll pull through and like your idea of round 2! Did you use any rooting gel or myco powder on the current attempt? If using products like that isn’t against your growing philosophy (and you didn’t try it already), I’m wondering if they could help.

Hi Growca2268.
Your idea might work but in theory that would create a parasitotic relationship with the two species. The cannabis plant would then grow roots that feed into the stem of the branch resulting in the cannabis feeding off the willow like a parasite. The "graft" idea is so the two cambium layers can unite and become one with water and nutrients being able to pass from the willow branch into the stem of the cannabis plant. Also there is the chance of the opposite happening and the cut stem of the willow could use the rooting hormone and sprout roots into the cannabis stem... Interesting stuff to say the least lol. :Rasta:

I think she’ll pull through and like your idea of round 2! Did you use any rooting gel or myco powder on the current attempt? If using products like that isn’t against your growing philosophy (and you didn’t try it already), I’m wondering if they could help.
Hi Growca2268.
Your idea might work but in theory that would create a parasitotic relationship with the two species. The cannabis plant would then grow roots that feed into the stem of the branch resulting in the cannabis feeding off the willow like a parasite. The "graft" idea is so the two cambium layers can unite and become one with water and nutrients being able to pass from the willow branch into the stem of the cannabis plant. Also there is the chance of the opposite happening and the cut stem of the willow could use the rooting hormone and sprout roots into the cannabis stem... Interesting stuff to say the least lol. :Rasta:

Let me combine the awnser here since this is so interesting. The method you explained (Growca) is something like i shared last time probably
This is in a hollow stem but the idea is the same. Tough this isnt what i am aiming for i would like to go and give it a try:hippy:please keep spreading these idea's as i love to get a tingely brain with possibility's and fun adventures:yahoo:

Before i forget there was no rooting gel or hormone used. I do have some clonex in house but i burned the clones with it ones(or so it seems). I am a little carefull with using it since then. Big company's use it to clone their own genetics so its probably just me that needs to know how to properly use it.

Thanks for stopping by and checking in guys and GL thank you for this clear explaining. In my head it does make sense, but to get it on (digital) paper is a true art to me:bravo::thanks:

i initially thought rooting gel was a bad idea too, however I’ve read some (anecdotal and somewhat scientific stuff) that shows IBA can be beneficial for grafts. NS has inspired me to get off my x and try a graft experiment (not nearly as cool as willow, but fun all the same). I plan to use some gel so maybe I can report back if I notice any differences (pro or con). Here’s an example of the more anecdotal stuff. Just an idea anyway, no big deal.

With the different species I have no idea what the reaction would be. But I have used and seen used clonex to speed recovery time from broken branches. They didn't appear to grow any roots on the branches for what it's worth.

I’m wondering if you prepared the stem of the cannabis plant by stripping leaves and crushing the stem then allow to repair. I do this in training my plants and it creates almost shrub like branches very similar to a willow branch. Once you’ve got a nice sized diameter say an inch then cut and graft to a willow branch the same size. This should give you more area to attach?

This is very interesting info and it would be amazing to see what it does with some IBA on it, Since my space is still limited i'd love to see more people try things i dont have the space for yet. I do think that every graft deserve our attention as it is a real old technique but it isnt used alot in Cannabis, or maybe not enough in my eyes hehe

Back
Top Bottom