My First Outdoor/In Ground Grow

🙏 PS I staked the lower largest 6 branches And I feel this and the tomato cages will keep the main branches from breaking off the main leader during high winds.

But, I'm still not comfortable with the weight and length of the colas. Based on what I'm seeing now I could see high winds causing a problem with these as they continue to gain weight.

This tree is covered with heavy colas and I don't think it's feasible to try to support each one?

IMG_20240917_113905077_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240917_121911956_HDR~2.jpg

Tie the heavy branches to the main stalk so they don't get peeled off from the high winds. Most of the branches in the top third of the tree will be fine. It's the middle and lower branches that are longer that may peel off the stock from high winds.

Tie some paracord a foot or two above the branch you want to support on the main trunk then tie the other end where you feel it will best support the branch.

I just ordered paracord. Thanks brother man!

Tie the heavy branches to the main stalk so they don't get peeled off from the high winds. Most of the branches in the top third of the tree will be fine. It's the middle and lower branches that are longer that may peel off the stock from high winds.

Tie some paracord a foot or two above the branch you want to support on the main trunk then tie the other end where you feel it will best support the bran

Hey @Terrapin Station here is a plant I tied & had stakes in the ground pulling the branches down
Trying to keep it under 6 feet
I also had all the branches tied to the main stem to keep them from breaking off

I had one plant that the lower branch snapped off and was only holding on by the outside skin
I tied to the main stem & wrapped some take out napkins around it & splashed some water on it
It survived

Just found your thread. And since we’re both in MD, I was comparing the progress.
You have to plan for the next month. You’re gonna need a lot more support!!! I’d run to Lowe’s and grab some 10 ft poles (2x4s) and stake all around your girls. At the least, wrap it in fence netting.
Look out for PM!!! The rain today and next week should be ok. But…🙏🏽

Back
Top Bottom