My First Outdoor/In Ground Grow

Finishing up week #9 with a pruning day. It turns out smoking weed that you grew and pruning weed is very therapeutic. Seriously. šŸ™‚ā˜®ļø
IMG_20240621_111552694_HDR~2.jpg

Finishing up week #9 with a pruning day. It turns out smoking weed that you grew and pruning weed is very therapeutic. Seriously. šŸ™‚ā˜®ļø
IMG_20240621_111552694_HDR~2.jpg
Hell Yea it is! I love enjoying the fruits of my labor and trimming up those beautiful ladies. Have a great weekend buddy.

Right on man! Cool avatar by the way!! Yes, blessed be the tapers. šŸ‘

PS I don't know why I look so tall in my avatar from last year's Jubilee, but you know that's not Bill Walton don't you? šŸ™‚

Right on man! Cool avatar by the way!! Yes, blessed be the tapers. šŸ‘

PS I don't know why I look so tall in my avatar from last year's Jubilee, but you know that's not Bill Walton don't you? šŸ™‚
I thought it was Bill Walton. Oh and I forgot to mention you must have some good old Grateful Dead playing while your trimming the Ladies.

I thought it was Bill Walton. Oh and I forgot to mention you must have some good old Grateful Dead playing while your trimming the Ladies.

Right, everything goes better with the dead! That's actually about all I listen to, I'm a sicko. šŸ˜‚

You have a great weekend too man! ā˜®ļø

I guess it doesn't really matter now since the plant is doing well, but she is throwing up ariel roots quickly which makes me think the roots in the ground through the bag are not getting enough air and are too wet.

I don't think there's anything I can do about this situation because it's been so hot lately I have to keep watering the bag to keep the plant from wilting. What a screwy situation. Any thoughts?

IMG_20240622_191518966.jpg

I guess it doesn't really matter now since the plant is doing well, but she is throwing up ariel roots quickly which makes me think the roots in the ground through the bag are not getting enough air and are too wet.

I don't think there's anything I can do about this situation because it's been so hot lately I have to keep watering the bag to keep the plant from wilting. What a screwy situation. Any thoughts?

I thought the roots doing that was normal.

Is this MG media?

With your opening line......I can't get morning dew outta my head. I'm not complaining. It's a good thing. (~);}

With your opening line......I can't get morning dew outta my head. I'm not complaining. It's a good thing. (~);}
That song was actually in my mind when I typed that. I think we are on the same page. I actually thought about adding the word anyway to that line, but you didn't need it. šŸ‘

FWIW, this is 100% not my imagination.

In the past week the plant has not grown taller or wider and has been very erect like a telephone poll with its branches and the leaves got skinnier. In just the short time Ive had the soil exposed to the sun and rain the branches have relaxed more like they used to be and the leaves are plumping back up. So that's pretty cool! I was going to dig it deeper, based on what I'm seeing I think I'll leave it alone now.

PS @Ramblinrose1965 believe it or not cold rain and snow came to mind as I was typing this. šŸ˜‚

IMG_20240623_155407103.jpg

@Trump

I dug around the perimeter of the pot to try to get some air to the roots under the pot. It's pure mud under there. That's not cool for any plant really.

IMG_20240623_141815228.jpg

You can always take the soil you have and amend it.

I'd do a 50/50 mix. If you have soil from the last grow mix it together with your dirt for better drainage. It doesn't look all that bad to me but I'm not there. Soil composition in your area is generally good for crops so you should have no issue with deficiencies. You could take some of the compost you have in your pile and do a 50/50 mix of that with your dirt and use that as the bottom 3rd of the hole while your 50/50 of potting soil and dirt can make up the upper 2/3 of your hole. Kind of like a supersoil amendment but we're using compost hoping it breaks down and enriches the soil down there so that when your roots hit it they get a nice blast of nutrient. If anything the compost particles should be large enough to improve drainage so even if they don't break down completely they can help in terms of keeping the soil from getting too muddy.

You can always take the soil you have and amend it.

I'd do a 50/50 mix. If you have soil from the last grow mix it together with your dirt for better drainage. It doesn't look all that bad to me but I'm not there. Soil composition in your area is generally good for crops so you should have no issue with deficiencies. You could take some of the compost you have in your pile and do a 50/50 mix of that with your dirt and use that as the bottom 3rd of the hole while your 50/50 of potting soil and dirt can make up the upper 2/3 of your hole. Kind of like a supersoil amendment but we're using compost hoping it breaks down and enriches the soil down there so that when your roots hit it they get a nice blast of nutrient. If anything the compost particles should be large enough to improve drainage so even if they don't break down completely they can help in terms of keeping the soil from getting too muddy.
This sounds good thanks again! šŸ‘

You are correct, the soil you are seeing is top soil it's good stuff. Overall I have good drainage here but the issue is the water running through the bag into the ground right under the bag. I've been using 4-5 gallons per day of water to keep this plant from going down. It's turned to pure mud directly under the bag but is drying out now.

What's weird though is since I carved the soil away from the bag and created a 3" pedestal for the bag, in less than 24 hours the plant looks so much happier, is growing again, and has greened up overnight and hasn't needed watered since yesterday morning. . . it's almost like the roots in the ground were suffocating and they were 'not working' (sending water and nutrients up to the plant); but, giving the roots more air caused them to 'start working' again.

In short, I'm always up for a good game of whack-a-mole, but this is too much--my sense of humor only goes so far. I think next year I'm going to have all 6 of my plants in the ground. šŸ™šŸ™‚

IMG_20240624_083025997_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240624_083034448_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240624_084132084_HDR.jpg

Yeah and the cool thing about when Jerry was working with Melvin is that he was stone cold sober. Melvin came from a church and that was his deal, not getting wrecked or on the influence of anything. I take that as no sticking needles or shit up your nose and not no smoking, but thatā€™s my interpretation of that story.

Shrooms and I do not agree. Every single time, and Iā€™m a dumb ass, so this a lot of times, I get violently ill. However I am very interested in this new fangled ā€œmicro dosingā€ of shrooms. Iā€™ve done that LOTS of times with LSD. But I think that the processing of the shrooms might take out the part that makes me want to rip my stomach out away???
They gave me upset stomach too!! I started making lemon tea and just tossing the actual material and guess what??? No more gut aches!! Happy Tuesday!! šŸ˜ŽāœŒļø

Back
Top Bottom