Moonshine's Backyard Blueberry Auto Bash

Hey Moon! I harvested my first AK-47 auto in three stages to get the trichs even across the whole harvest. On Blue 1 I harvested all at once but kept the buds separate for the dry and cure so I have what Furci recommended with different jars for different needs. I've got jars marked top, middle, and bottom depending on the mood.

Harder to tell with yours since you can't see the trichomes but since you have buds with a lot of orange and others with a lot of white, you will just have to use that as your "ripeness indicator" when you do pull it down.

Moon brother....your in SOIL. Don't compare anything done in Hydro to soil.

Organic grow you can do this and continue to feed the flowers.

You are using chelated products.
You have to flush the entire system/plant. Of these bound nutrients. Once started it's on a road to a finnished grow.

This will also give you more mature buds on top(closer to pain relief). And lower buds mature for a more euphoric effect.
Strain dependent and genetics.

Work calls

Furcifer, is this true, or just conjecture? I understand that the tops of the colas will naturally have the highest concentration of trichomes, and therefore would be more medicinally valuable, if only from a volume standpoint. I also understand that cannabinoid and terpene expressions will vary from point to point on the plant. I don't recall coming across anything that suggests that you'd get a better euphoric effect from mature lower buds. Has anyone you know of studied or tested for this? You know my curious nature. :battingeyelashes:

I recall reading an interview with some hot-shot up-and-coming extraction guys in Denver that insuinated they believed the lower buds had more potent oils, but that's the only thing I've come across in two years of relentless searching.

Evening Moonshine. I hope your birthday was as delightful as my own. :hug:

Furcifer, is this true, or just conjecture? I understand that the tops of the colas will naturally have the highest concentration of trichomes, and therefore would be more medicinally valuable, if only from a volume standpoint. I also understand that cannabinoid and terpene expressions will vary from point to point on the plant. I don't recall coming across anything that suggests that you'd get a better euphoric effect from mature lower buds. Has anyone you know of studied or tested for this? You know my curious nature. :battingeyelashes: I recall reading an interview with some hot-shot up-and-coming extraction guys in Denver that insuinated they believed the lower buds had more potent oils, but that's the only thing I've come across in two years of relentless searching.

I have no idea as to whether any of what I've read is proven science, but when I started growing and researching when to harvest, nearly every website states that the greater the amber the greater the "couchlock" effect. This is often paired with the explanation that the THC degrades and when it degrades it causes more of a relaxed body high (more pain relief?) and a less cerebral high.

As I said, that's all over the web and I haven't read the science to back it up, but I'm guessing that's what Furcifer was referring to. I may be totally wrong, as always ;).

Furcifer, is this true, or just conjecture? I understand that the tops of the colas will naturally have the highest concentration of trichomes, and therefore would be more medicinally valuable, if only from a volume standpoint. I also understand that cannabinoid and terpene expressions will vary from point to point on the plant. I don't recall coming across anything that suggests that you'd get a better euphoric effect from mature lower buds. Has anyone you know of studied or tested for this? You know my curious nature. :battingeyelashes:

I recall reading an interview with some hot-shot up-and-coming extraction guys in Denver that insuinated they believed the lower buds had more potent oils, but that's the only thing I've come across in two years of relentless searching.

Thank you so much Sue! I had a tremendous tremendous day! And week actually. :thumb: A steeler win over the ravens would just put the icing on a cake! Lol. Thanks for everything Sue! Stay warm! :thanks: and have a blissful Sunday!

Dude your doing good listen to these boyz moon they are smart and educated in cannabis bro .

Your doing wicked

Hey what's up brojoe!!? Great to hear from ya! I finally found my way back to your journal. Things looking sweet over there. I'm envious of that set up bro! There was a light on Craigslist I was wanting to win in a contest, but didn't happen. Anyway, dude is selling basically 2 3x3 tents, two 300w mars leds like your first ones...($40) ea, & the 600w viaspectra led with bloom/veg switch, & power switch on top. Selling everything for $250. Looks brand new, & says its only used on season. Basically, just broken in. Lol. Now who needs their grass mowed, pool cleaned, house pressure washed, dogs walked, furniture moved, chicken coop cleaned? Anyone? Lol. Later man! Have great day bud!:high-five:

Hey Moon! I harvested my first AK-47 auto in three stages to get the trichs even across the whole harvest. On Blue 1 I harvested all at once but kept the buds separate for the dry and cure so I have what Furci recommended with different jars for different needs. I've got jars marked top, middle, and bottom depending on the mood.

Harder to tell with yours since you can't see the trichomes but since you have buds with a lot of orange and others with a lot of white, you will just have to use that as your "ripeness indicator" when you do pull it down.

See, I have the large boveda knock off packs. That's all I had at local shop near by. So they'd all have to go in same jar. I'll figure something out. Won't be long now! Luna is straight white fluffy pistils, but all leaves dying & crispy. I'm hoping she lives long enough to finish. What a disaster that would be. I can't even imagine it! Uggggghhh. Lol

Good morning everyone. I've decided it might be time to start flushing. Is it necessary to worry about ph & temps of water during this phase. How many times do you guys "flush" before cutting plant down?
Some people do and some people don't. Most flush between 1 to 2 weeks before harvest. And it just is watering without nutes till you get runoff . No need To go overboard .

I have no idea as to whether any of what I've read is proven science, but when I started growing and researching when to harvest, nearly every website states that the greater the amber the greater the "couchlock" effect. This is often paired with the explanation that the THC degrades and when it degrades it causes more of a relaxed body high (more pain relief?) and a less cerebral high.

As I said, that's all over the web and I haven't read the science to back it up, but I'm guessing that's what Furcifer was referring to. I may be totally wrong, as always ;).
This IS what I am talking about Shed, thanks!
This is done all the time, it is called staggered harvests.
Take the solid top colas first and let the lower flowers ripen and grow until ready. As with the top colas, look at the tricomes color ratio to determine when to harvest.
I do this almost every harvest and increase the yield by 25-40%.
Extend the harvesting over a 3-4 week period as the flowers size up. Cutting off the top of the branches sends the cell elongation and division auxins to the lower parts of the plant and will cause the lower buds to swell and grow.

This is the same process I used to FIM the AOG. Turns each supporting branch into its own plant.

I try to harvest only the buds that are fully mature.
Some plants may ripen from the top down, some from the lower branches up, other varieties of cannabis may ripen all at once.
Often the larger buds that have received the most direct light will ripen first.
If possible, harvest the larger top colas first and leave the lower and interior buds for an additional week or two. The increased light will quickly bring the remaining buds to full maturity.

When I say "harvest if possible" refers to;
The use of Chelated Nutrient.
How much foilage is left on the plant.
Style of Grow.

Some people do and some people don't. Most flush between 1 to 2 weeks before harvest. And it just is watering without nutes till you get runoff . No need To go overboard .
Yes pH your water!

I washed them in the h2o/h202 solution. Guess that hair was just really stuck to the leaf! Lol. You think a fan is necessary for just this small nug to dry? Or just a simple hang? It's in average 64-70* and 55-60% rh

Have you. It tried the lemon juice and baking soda mix moon for cleaning bro ? So good man

Hey what's up brojoe!!? Great to hear from ya! I finally found my way back to your journal. Things looking sweet over there. I'm envious of that set up bro! There was a light on Craigslist I was wanting to win in a contest, but didn't happen. Anyway, dude is selling basically 2 3x3 tents, two 300w mars leds like your first ones...($40) ea, & the 600w viaspectra led with bloom/veg switch, & power switch on top. Selling everything for $250. Looks brand new, & says its only used on season. Basically, just broken in. Lol. Now who needs their grass mowed, pool cleaned, house pressure washed, dogs walked, furniture moved, chicken coop cleaned? Anyone? Lol. Later man! Have great day bud!:high-five:

That's s good deal man

Not bad at all you still really have along way bud really .

I would direct you to Shed's reply.
And my response......
I am harvesting in this manor right now.
Alien OG
This is 5 Colas 1 secondary branch at 10 weeks, 30% amber

420-magazine-mobile267348552.jpg

This is 1 of 40+ cannon fodder, normally popcorn fluff...., 0% amber.....20% clear.
The Size of my Thumb!

Not the pretty one! She's almost an elongated golf ball.lol
Below Her....the one out of focus....

420-magazine-mobile1197687779.jpg

Here's a close-up....

420-magazine-mobile1312225263.jpg

Hey Moon!
Have a great day!

This IS what I am talking about Shed, thanks!
This is done all the time, it is called staggered harvests.
Take the solid top colas first and let the lower flowers ripen and grow until ready. As with the top colas, look at the tricomes color ratio to determine when to harvest.
I do this almost every harvest and increase the yield by 25-40%.
Extend the harvesting over a 3-4 week period as the flowers size up. Cutting off the top of the branches sends the cell elongation and division auxins to the lower parts of the plant and will cause the lower buds to swell and grow.

This is the same process I used to FIM the AOG. Turns each supporting branch into its own plant.

I try to harvest only the buds that are fully mature.
Some plants may ripen from the top down, some from the lower branches up, other varieties of cannabis may ripen all at once.
Often the larger buds that have received the most direct light will ripen first.
If possible, harvest the larger top colas first and leave the lower and interior buds for an additional week or two. The increased light will quickly bring the remaining buds to full maturity.

When I say "harvest if possible" refers to;
The use of Chelated Nutrient.
How much foilage is left on the plant.
Style of Grow.

Ok, I got ya. That’s what i was afraid of, because there are some I bet will be perfect in 2-3 days. Only enough time for one flush. Guess I should just let it go further, & deal with a few colas of more amber than I’d prefer, as opposed to harvesting part of a plant that’s only been flushed once?

Good morning everyone. I've decided it might be time to start flushing. Is it necessary to worry about ph & temps of water during this phase. How many times do you guys "flush" before cutting plant down?
Everyday for 7 days of Ph'd water. Then the last 3 days just normal water. I would run as much water though them as their containers are big. Example: I'm flowering in 3 gallon pots, so I will aim for 2-3 gallons of water per day during flush

Have you. It tried the lemon juice and baking soda mix moon for cleaning bro ? So good man

Yeah bro, I didn’t have any on hand, & also I saw on sues journal about bud washing. She mentioned that h202 was all that was necessary. I wanted to try the lemon juice , just didn’t feel like going to the store for a lemon. Lol. Will have for the real harvest. I just wanted something to smoke. Not expecting much from it, as it was the smallest lowest least developed nug down there. It looks really airy!

I would direct you to Shed's reply.
And my response......
I am harvesting in this manor right now.
Alien OG
This is 5 Colas 1 secondary branch at 10 weeks, 30% amber

420-magazine-mobile267348552.jpg

This is 1 of 40+ cannon fodder, normally popcorn fluff...., 0% amber.....20% clear.
The Size of my Thumb!

Not the pretty one! She's almost an elongated golf ball.lol
Below Her....the one out of focus....

420-magazine-mobile1197687779.jpg

Here's a close-up....

420-magazine-mobile1312225263.jpg

Hey Moon!
Have a great day!

Thanks bro! Those look Tasty!:volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom