Mono's Monster 3.0 - One Plant - One Kilo?

Ha lol, heat via a led is actually needed for the best growth! You need the heat a touch higher than most think so the plants transpire correctly :) also hanging heights obviously differs from one lamp to the next. If I hung my BM panels that close I'd fry my plants lol. :)

Your gone a love the Tutt strain my friend :)

Ahh nice one matey! Tent is sitting @ 29 degrees and 65% RH... It's like a whole new learning curve adding a new light into the mix, changes up the grow a little bit :):)

I did pyramid seeds auto tutt which turned out to be my highest yielding auto ever - and rekindled a liking for them, can't wait to try the photoperiod version. Could be a while away though, plant numbers are a little high at the moment haha

Mono 18 to 24 inch from the plants is best height for led for best growh;) good times mate .well done;)

Another thing to look for with LED's is good light blending, use a white sheet of Paper under the light,
move it down until the reflection is an even blend and does not have easily defined colors like some blue
spots, some red spots. This is a good test to make sure the light is blending correctly.

Another thing to look for with LED's is good light blending, use a white sheet of Paper under the light,
move it down until the reflection is an even blend and does not have easily defined colors like some blue
spots, some red spots. This is a good test to make sure the light is blending correctly.

From touching the light, down to the floor of the tent, there are no easily defined colours. So that should say the light is blending well?

Yeah my friend if your not seeing individual shading/colours on the piece of paper then your lights blending well :)

Have you got your cal-mag ready now your led?

Nice one! Happy to see it's doing what it's meant too, haha ;)

On the cal-mag issue that's all sorted. Since I moved to coco, plants always had a tendency to develop a calcium issue late flowering so I've been adding powdered dolomite lime to the feed every time. Seems to have sorted the problem (but it raises the pH!) Now the pH is back under control should be okay to add more lime as needed so long as I pay attention to the pH levels?

I'm guessing the spectrum of light from the Led causes the plant to use more cal-mag? Thanks LA, it feels like I'm learning to grow all over again :):)

Yeah just a spectrum thing with cal-mag under led :)

Although I ran my first few grows under led without any cal-mag at all. That was just me pushing my live environment soil to see what it could take! Did OK and all but then moved feed to test Remos nutrient line which has a cal-mag included and :) lol me likes his stuff lots :) anyway I digress lol.

Its fun making the switch :) once you've got used to the few small changes that you need to make/understand to your growing régime you'll be banging out bonkers buds!
For me one thing was learning how the plant will grow differently under led. Once I'd gotten used to that again my training hand came back :)

holy smokes.....lotta updates from yesterday.

dunno where to start or finish, so i'll just say, looking great mono.

glad your getting all your prize gear in.

i have to agree to some degree on the heat of the led. more than i expected, but now i'm in full course with it i think i need more heat. my tent is too cool. something photos touched on too. same story. i'm used to running hotter, and i think i am losing some growth and mass to the lack of heat.

nice seed choices there bud. looks like a ton o' fun

have fun eh
and keep up the good work.

holy smokes.....lotta updates from yesterday.

dunno where to start or finish, so i'll just say, looking great mono.

glad your getting all your prize gear in.

i have to agree to some degree on the heat of the led. more than i expected, but now i'm in full course with it i think i need more heat. my tent is too cool. something photos touched on too. same story. i'm used to running hotter, and i think i am losing some growth and mass to the lack of heat.

nice seed choices there bud. looks like a ton o' fun

have fun eh
and keep up the good work.

Thanks for the kind words bud!

To be fair to gorilla seeds, all of the seeds from barneys farm were ones they had added into the order free of charge. They also 'upgraded' one of my choices to better genetics at no extra charge.

Did a bit more in the garden today so a few more updates to come :):)

Update time

I did some more training, and a little defoliation on the big girl this afternoon. We are back to quite a short flat thing, but we did gain another 4 inches of width all around the plant. Another week or so and i will be more than happy to let her grow into a nice big bush.

A bit like this one. (My first big plant)

IMG_0605_1_1.JPG

But for now, here she is...

Before

IMG_3010_1_.JPG

After

IMG_3011_1_.JPG
IMG_3011_1_.JPG
IMG_3019_1_.JPG

I'm thinking with this big plant, I will be able to go a little bigger than the first time around, and certainly bigger than the second time. Had a fleeting thought of flowering her under the LED, since it would be easier than moving around fans, lights ducting etc - however, I love the air cooled 600 Watt HPS, and have a lot of experience growing with HID so the last couple weeks of veg will be under the HPS and the 9 weeks flowering will be too ;)

Anyway, also got around to stripping the lower growth from the OG kush from Dinafem, she really is a stretcher so much of the lower 1/2 was barely formed

IMG_3009_1_.JPG
IMG_3007_1_.JPG
IMG_3005_1_.JPG
IMG_3006_1_.JPG
IMG_3008_1_.JPG

Looking sweet mono mate well done;)

Thanks Guys!

Time for some beer drinking and head scratching! Just been reading through my old journals and for some reason I've had the best vegetative growth in coco when using the canna soil nutrients rather than the coco specific...

:blunt::blunt: :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom