Mono's Monster 3.0 - One Plant - One Kilo?

she looks like she enjoyed her time without tethers eh. got to stretch her legs out a bit before she does more squats, lol.

looking beautiful buddy!!!

The last couple of big plants I did struggled with the middle of the plant being taller than the sides. Which obviously isn't a good thing when running the HPS.

I have found when growing a large canopy under a Horizontal Trellis/Screen (ScrOg) if I keep pulling the
branches away from the center and out to the edges of the screen, the center will be lower then the ends
but at the end when I switch to 12/12 and flowering begins the outside edges will try to grow back to the
center of the light. I run one 600w hps in a 4 X 3 tent with a 3.5 X 2.5 trellis/screen so the outer edges are
just out side of the sweet spot of the lumens, this will cause the outer edges to grow in towards the center
and gives the center time to grow up to the same level and even out the top

I have found when growing a large canopy under a Horizontal Trellis/Screen (ScrOg) if I keep pulling the
branches away from the center and out to the edges of the screen, the center will be lower then the ends
but at the end when I switch to 12/12 and flowering begins the outside edges will try to grow back to the
center of the light. I run one 600w hps in a 4 X 3 tent with a 3.5 X 2.5 trellis/screen so the outer edges are
just out side of the sweet spot of the lumens, this will cause the outer edges to grow in towards the center
and gives the center time to grow up to the same level and even out the top

That's exactly what I'm aiming for with this big girl and have been using pretty much the same method you described. Although I am trying to avoid the edges growing in towards the centre, more aiming for a nice bowl shape all around the tent ;)

My water supply seems to have changed a little bit and my pH levels are now off, so hopefully someone will be able to chime in with a bit of advice?

When feeding this morning, pH in the nutrients was 6.6 ( a little high )

Run off was exactly 7.0

Is this an acceptable range for coco or do I need to bring it down somewhat? What's the best thing to add to bring the pH level down?

Hey chap, yeah as I understand coco its needing pH of 5.8 so if you ain't got pH down or don't fancy that fairly toxic sounding stuff then I've used lemon juice to lower pH for years. BAR did likewise and I've never had issues, hope that helps!

Lifesaver! I will go and adjust it now and give them a fresh feed!

Hey chap, yeah as I understand coco its needing pH of 5.8 so if you ain't got pH down or don't fancy that fairly toxic sounding stuff then I've used lemon juice to lower pH for years. BAR did likewise and I've never had issues, hope that helps!

It's dangerous stuff, that's for sure......have melted bits of clothing by kneeling in it. I keep a bucket of fresh water nearby when I'm working with it so I can wash it off even when it's diluted down (1ml/L before I add it to my res)

Diluted down I'm not so sure it's toxic to our plant though.....apparently phosphoric acid breaks down into something plants might find useful, particularly when flowering. And similarly nitric acid (IIRC!) is sometimes used in veg to lower pH by adding something that might be useful then.

What's in lemon juice?

That's exactly what I'm aiming for with this big girl and have been using pretty much the same method you described. Although I am trying to avoid the edges growing in towards the centre, more aiming for a nice bowl shape all around the tent ;)

This is the last run, the current one is nearly twice this size

front_a11.jpg

EDIT:
I do some LST with the outer branches as they grow
into the center to much I tie them back towards the outside. This can be a little difficult during
the middle to end of flower as the branches start to thicken up I need to be
careful not to snap a branch but just a slight tie back will slow them enough to get a fuller

It's dangerous stuff, that's for sure......have melted bits of clothing by kneeling in it. I keep a bucket of fresh water nearby when I'm working with it so I can wash it off even when it's diluted down (1ml/L before I add it to my res)

Diluted down I'm not so sure it's toxic to our plant though.....apparently phosphoric acid breaks down into something plants might find useful, particularly when flowering. And similarly nitric acid (IIRC!) is sometimes used in veg to lower pH by adding something that might be useful then.

What's in lemon juice?

That's crazy that it's such a harmful product. No doubt it must be pretty effective though since it's pretty widely used. Phosphoric acid is also found in the popular fizzy drink featuring a truck around Christmas time.

Lemon Juice is mainly vitamin C with some potassium, doesn't seem to contain any nasty ingredients.

Worked like a charm. Brought the pH down to 6.0, happy with that so far. All we had in the house was lemons, so I cut one in half and squeezed the juice.

Half a lemon sorted the pH in 5 litres of nutrient solution ;)

This is the last run, the current one is nearly twice this size

front_a11.jpg

EDIT:
I do some LST with the outer branches as they grow
into the center to much I tie them back towards the outside. This can be a little difficult during
the middle to end of flower as the branches start to thicken up I need to be
careful not to snap a branch but just a slight tie back will slow them enough to get a fuller

Very nice plant fella! Are you doing a grow journal?

Very nice plant fella! Are you doing a grow journal?

Thanks,

Not on this current grow, it's my 3rd run with the same plant (re-Veg flower clone's)
I am however going to do a Journal with the the next one, Already taken the flower clone
and just waiting to make sure she roots before I start the Journal. All ready taken pictures
of the process so far but again need to make sure she Roots

Got lucky with bag seed

Very good job mono mate. cnt u get them branches tied down any lower? Dont see much bend in them.and the lower them branches are tied down the wider ur big girl will be .and middle growth will thrive.top work mate .keep it up;)

Worked like a charm. Brought the pH down to 6.0, happy with that so far. All we had in the house was lemons, so I cut one in half and squeezed the juice.

Half a lemon sorted the pH in 5 litres of nutrient solution ;)

Half a drop of pH down might have been too much!

Did you measure what the lemon did to the EC? I guess it adds a fair bit....does that effect how much you can feed them?

ive used lemon juice to lower ph in soil for a long time with good results ,however tried to use it in hydro and ph wouldnt hold and was very unstable.

soil though beautiful plants love it

Very good job mono mate. cnt u get them branches tied down any lower? Dont see much bend in them.and the lower them branches are tied down the wider ur big girl will be .and middle growth will thrive.top work mate .keep it up;)

Thanks bud! I didn't tie her down too much, more moved her where she needed to be lol.

Pics don't do her justice, the main branches are already really woody so I'm worried about a split or break! Screen is going to go back on tomorrow but might use a smaller one to control the middle and use some more lst / super cropping on the outer branches :)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom