Hey there Melville blocks of Styrofoam work great for raising your plants up off cold floors
I'll even use milk crates & Styrofoam in combination when growing sativa and indica together
to keep the canopy even
Welcome to my journal!
I think the plant I've been keeping off the floor with the hummus container is pretty much done. I also have a set of aquarium divider grids I plan to put in as soon as this plant is done. I won't need to put them in until I start the seedlings for the summer grow season in there.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Day 71, Flip 8...or is it Flower 1?
Doug's Varin 07 Feb 2022 Pistils.jpg

Doug's Varin 07 Feb 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 07 Feb 2022 1.jpg

Not the best pics, but there are pistils forming at the growth tips! I'll try to get better pics of them tomorrow, tonight I've had a couple of drinks, and I almost fell into the tent leaning over to take the pics.

I will, however, be posting a couple more pics in the next post in a minute. I just got a tablet, but its camera kinda sucks, so I'm not sure how the pics will turn out. If they're good I'll be able to post pics from that instead of futzing around with charging cables and sending the pics from my phone to my computer. Otherwise I'll be staying with the phone.

I like to see pistils coming out of the tops before I'd say there are pistils, but that's just me! I also don't count flower days.

LOL!
Well they're the first full size pistils to show on the plant, and they are starting to show at every growth tip, but I guess you have a point. I wouldn't call this the start of flower outdoors.
Give it a few more days then.

It must be the pic or my eyes but I'm not seeing pistils in that close up. I do see nice green stretch growth though!
They're kind of hidden behind those weird red tipped stipules she's been putting out for about a month now. I'll post better pics tomorrow.

Day 72, Flip 9
Getting pretty damn close! I'll be watering her again tomorrow, so I'll be able to get pics of the most developed tips. Not time to bump her feed yet, but I get the feeling she'll welcome a tiny pinch of Epsom.
Doug's Varin 08 Feb 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 08 Feb 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 08 Feb 2022 Pistils.jpg

Doug's Varin 08 Feb 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

Thanks for checking in, I really appreciate everyone's interest!

Day 73 Flip 10
I did not take her out of the tent. Something I ate is disagreeing with me. Here's pics.
Doug's Varin 09 Feb 2022.jpg

She really isn't as uneven as she looks in that. I'll try to get a better angle next time.
Doug's Varin 09 Feb 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 09 Feb 2022 Pistils.jpg

I'm thinking I'm going to call flowering tomorrow.
Doug's Varin 09 Feb 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

It's really ready to push out those pistils, and with a plant that pretty no one is complaining about the wrong angle. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hope you feel better soon!
Thanks!
Mostly better today, although that wasn't a fun night.

Back
Top Bottom