Starting to see a bit of stretchy new growth coming in! Off to a great start...
Thanks! Only time I like seeing that light green!
Nice she's starting to pick up....and is there another plant in the back left? I'm over here trippn going back through all the photos to see if it's always been there o_O:laugh:
Thanks! Yes there's a plant back there, but she won't be in most of the pics! When I started the seeds I got a bit paranoid, and when I was high I stuck a bunch of seeds from my and my buddy's outdoor grows to see if the conditions were right for germination. It also gives me an opportunity to test the buds from those seeds and see if I want to grow them again.
My buddy had a Hindu Kush that got pollinated by a neighbour's sativa male, and then the volunteer that came up got pollinated too. This is from that volunteer, and her name is Krishna.
There's another, named Paddy, from my outdoor Bruce Banner this summer. Probably from the same father as Krishna, since my buddy lives just a little bit down the street. I would've given them to him to raise, except he won't grow indoors.
There have been a couple of mishaps. Of the six cross seeds, all popped, but one died, two were male, and my cat killed a fourth.
These two should've been raised in bigger containers, or culled right away. Due to the size of the containers, they're not doing well. I decided, with advice from @Bill284 to run them 12/12 from seed, so I was taking them from the tent right when I got up, and taking a couple of pics of Doug at the same time.
Now they stay in there, except I remove Paddy since she's in the way for the side on pics of Doug, and I'm a bit embarrassed by the shape they're in. They're almost done anyway.

And here we are at the start of the third day after flip. Start for her at least. Again, not much to say. She's getting a thorough watering tomorrow at lights on. The pot is getting light, but not quite light enough to water today.
Doug's Varin 02 Feb 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 02 Feb 2022 1.jpg

In other news I found something I can use as grid flooring for the tent. In another thread the grower had used a grid that's meant to be put on the floor of pigeon coops. It's black plastic and supposed to be sturdy enough to walk on. Unfortunately the only places I found that had any were either out of stock, or in England. But during my search, plastic grid aquarium dividers came up. They aren't quite as sturdy, but with a few supports they should do quite well.
I'll be putting them in there once I figure out what I'm going to use to raise them up. Probably bricks. Don't want to use anything that can cause more problems that it solves.

Flip Day 5
And the stretch has well and truly begun! I think I might be under-watering her. This is the second or third time she's put on a spurt of growth after a thorough soaking. I don't want to stall her out during the stretch due to lack of water. I'll think about it. In a couple days if she starts to slow down I'll have my answer.
Doug's Varin 04 Feb 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 04 Feb 2022 1.jpg

Flip Day 5
And the stretch has well and truly begun! I think I might be under-watering her. This is the second or third time she's put on a spurt of growth after a thorough soaking. I don't want to stall her out during the stretch due to lack of water. I'll think about it. In a couple days if she starts to slow down I'll have my answer.
Doug's Varin 04 Feb 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 04 Feb 2022 1.jpg
Wow just beautiful. :welldone:
Hand crafted and perfect.
Nice work.

Stay safe
Bill

Wow just beautiful. :welldone:
Hand crafted and perfect.
Nice work.

Stay safe
Bill
Wow, thank you!
I really appreciate it!
We've discovered your secret ingredient to a good looking plant: hummus!
:laugh:That's the "pot stand" for Paddy! Keeps her roots up off the cold floor!
But now that you mention it, I am looking for new soil amendments...

Day 69, Flip 6
Going well, so far. Stretch is continuing. Couple of leaves o the underside of the canopy will be getting removed soon as they are dying from lack of light.
Doug's Varin 05 Feb 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 05 Feb 2022 1 .jpg

Some more little shoots are starting to get through the canopy into the light, so I will be tucking a couple of fan leaves soon. Nice to see.

Hey there Melville blocks of Styrofoam work great for raising your plants up off cold floors
I'll even use milk crates & Styrofoam in combination when growing sativa and indica together
to keep the canopy even

You can get scrap pieces at construction sites for free

Back
Top Bottom