Mello's Mystery Seed Party Cups Grow - 2nd Grow

From what I'm understanding here, is that lights on is kind of sort of for root growth and during lights off it's plant growth.......? :passitleft: It's ok Pigeon, ramblings are better than silence lol :Namaste:

Really interesting topic: what is the benefit (if there is one) of periods of darkness to plants, specifically cannabis?

Found this on an indoor gardening site (not cannabis specific):

Nutrient Uptake - Day and Night
Most plants take up nutrients by both day and night. With night time being the more dominant side. Commercial hydroponic growers of 'heavy feeder' crops such as cucumbers and tomatoes, experience higher nutrient uptake in the evening and into the night as the temperatures cool down the plants are able to take up more water and nutrients through increased root pressure and more suitable environmental conditions. Warmer conditions during the day, the plant will shut down photosynthesis and transpiration and thus reduce nutrient uptake, and will then feed rapidly in the evening as conditions become cooler. Calcium is taken up during the night when root pressure allows more water uptake and transpiration within the plant, carrying with it calcium into plant tissue.

So, basically, what Pigeons said :)

for about a year and a half now, I have been running 24. I must have seen better results, since I'm still doing it. My memory isn't the best, so I should try the 18/6 again to see. Would I bee fucking the plants up, since at this point they have been under 24 for 3 months ? I'm guessing probably not since they handle the flip...

No, PTSD you're not doing anything wrong. I ran 24/0 for a long time and the only reason I switched was because, why run for 24 hours a day when I could be saving energy for at least 6 hours a day. I WAS a strong supporter of 24/0 but it just didn't make sense to run a 24 hour light cycle if I didn't have to.

Morning good fello!:byebye::passitleft:

I think Health is the prime benefit of <24hrs

If the plant is running 24/7 she has no time to rest.
With alittle sleepy time she wakes up energized and ready to goto work. (there is something about chemical processes happening with lights off)

This added sleepy time keeps her happier which in turn makes it harder to stress her out.

(from what ive read and theories building in this head. If i get time ill dig for links)

Update​

Baby Greens Day 18

I just tied down some of the newer growth on Baby Greens in an attempt to even out the canopy a bit more. Seems to me some of the lower growth needed space between each other and the top new growth was smaller but higher than the rest of the canopy. She is as even as I could get her but as she responds to the bondage she will even out some more. I fed her 1/4 of the recommended dose of Grow, micro, calmag, and silica. Next time with plain water. She looks very healthy. I am starting to see some yellowing on the cots and some darkening of the older larger fan leaves. Overall, I am very comfortable with where we are at with her. Thanks for all the help guys!

:circle-of-love:

Day_18_A_2.jpg
Day_189.jpg

[COLOR="#0F00050"]Rootie Day 13[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#0F00050"]Rootie was up-potted on day 10 and after 3 days I have to say she has perked up, grown some, and is asking for more. She isn't dry just yet but possibly tomorrow evening or the next morning she will want to have a drink, plain water this time. I haven't decided if I should LST her soon, most likely I will. Her new growth looks lush and green. Hopefully she will be ready for the 400w HPS I am getting as an early Christmas gift from Ms.Poppins. I'll have it by the end of next week just in time for the flowering switch on Dec 10th (I might push veg for another week [Dec 17th] because of the power I'll get from the HPS).

Help me decide guys...:hmmmm::helpsmilie:
[/COLOR]

Day_1312.jpg
IMG_80415.jpg

New Life Day 9

Honestly, nothing really new to say here. She has been growing smoothly without any hiccups. She'll be ready for her new pot tomorrow, I'm just waiting for her to dry up a bit more. I can see some roots through the drainage holes under her cup. Overall, just a lovely well behaved young lady.

Day_911.jpg

I want to thank everyone for their contributions to my journal so far. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Some fine people here at 420Magazine
:thanks::Namaste::circle-of-love:

Looking great mello mate....

Santas coming early is he ??.... Happy days.... More power to flower ya ladies....

They gonna love all that light....

If you got the room mate, let her veg a bit longer, coz like you say..... Santas coming next week... With HPS, not UPS. :rofl::passitleft:

Mello where have I been bro??? I looked at your sig, but your journal is tucked in there. Looks great, need to do some reading. Great to see another CFL grower, makes me really excited

Looking good in here brother. Im sure you'll love the xmas present as much as your girls will lol. Keep up the great work

Back
Top Bottom